Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Millwall post match 1-0

4 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

So the owners have already thrown in the towel? Because Claudio will take us down.

They haven't thrown in the towel. Their blind loyalty to the man who did what he did last season is what is going to cost us.  The ONLY way this ship changes direction now is if they pull the trigger. And it HAS to happen either now or after the four or five nil thumping in Sevilla. 

Another day another defeat.  I'm not sure how we move on from this at the moment there were only a couple of moments in the second half were we looked like scoring against 10 men and the fact that we conceded a late goal like that just rubs salt into the already gaping wounds of this season.

I am dreading Wednesday night because I can not bare seeing this happen to the club who were putting in place the structure for long term success and if it carry on the way it is going now there can only be one outcome relegation.

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well if you'd told me in 2014 we'd be the worst team in the prem and getting knocked out the cup to league one team with 10 men I'd be happy.

Oh hang on I'm not doing this positive spin stuff very well am I.

Sack the clown before it's too late.

Worst six teams in Premier League and EFL in 2017

Team Games played Goal difference Points
Crystal Palace 7 -10 3
Bournemouth 5 -7 2
Aston Villa 6 -7 1
Coventry City 6 -8 1
Leyton Orient 7 -11 1
Leicester City 6 -12 1

add to that millwall loss against 10 men, it could only happen to us after winning the league 

7 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I'm sadder than a sad man on sad McSad day in Sad Town, Sadville in sad land but I finally agree (outwardly) it is time to get rid and start again

Blimey Bob, it really is a sad day if you've lost faith :(

It was the fact that we had an numerical advantage, and CR made no attempt to take advantage of that.  As a manager he has been enept and clueless.  We lost like a whimper, Millwall weren't so great, we were very poor and lact tactical guidance to kill a team off.  

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Has a horrible 'wycombe' feel about it 

Not for me, for a few games before it we played quite well and beat Chelsea and Liverpool. That defeat was through complacency.

This isn't. This is the continuation of an abysmal season, just with a different set of players. No doubt we'll have a player come out and say it's embarrassing, it's a tough time but we'll get through it yadda yadda- until the next week, the next shit performance and it just continues.

I've had it with this lot. They've been extremely well-rewarded and have put in a succession of the worst displays in ineptitude, negativity and depressing "football" (I use that loosely) that I can remember. This defeat will be excused by some as only being the FA Cup and concentrating on the league but fvck that, there is nothing in the league to get remotely enthusiastic about. 

And then we'll probably hear that the manager should get a job for life from the likes of Lineker. Do you really want to watch this for years? And this is following on from the greatest season in the club's existence. 

But it's all fine, we're out and can concentrate on getting the league form right. 

Er.... So I take it this means plan b is a bust as well then? Bugger since plan a is dogshit!

Why do we always fall apart as soon as an opposition player gets sent off?

Actually I think Ranieri's plan all along was to clear the decks for the prem fight back. So we've binned off the FA cup, now just have to do the same with the CL. Shouldn't be too hard.

Edit: Millwall deserved the win, I'd love to see them go all the way, unlikely as that is. My wife's from Bermondsey, so she and the rest of her lot are happy.

7 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

I know Claudio is a nice guy and is friendly with the media, etc. and that we've been asked to not criticise him / the team on here by a few do-gooders, but he seriously has to go.  It's the only way we'll have a chance of staying up.  We should have more than enough strength in depth to see off Millwall, especially with 10 men.  We look clueless.  It's an absolute joke.  No one can deny that.  

I agree and it's the total lack of tactics and motivation that concerns me. Poor team selection, poor substitutions, few motivated players, dreadful signings nothing happened in Jan to sort out the defence really. All of this I fear equals relegation. All I wanted from this season was mid table (stay up at worst) and not to be embarrassed in the champs league.

shame but he does need to move on

4 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I'm not even feeling that bothered by the result. That's how much my expectations have lowered. Fed up of watching this shite every week. 

Exactly. The fact he took our best player off for Albrighton, showed me he's lost the plot.

Archived