Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Millwall post match 1-0

Guest Danny Clender
20 minutes ago, reynard said:

I'm probably going to get pasted for this but for me this is the worst managerial performance by any manager of Leicester City in my lifetime. Worse than Holloway, worse than McClintock worse than Hamilton, worse than Levein  and even worse than Taylor.

The ineptness and frankly clueless way were are set up the awful recruitment, the terrible substituitons, the failure to motivate players, the waffle in press conferences the apparent complete inabilitiy to do anything at all combined with the record investment made by the club in new players, a top sports science team, excellent training facilities plus the total and utter fall from the heights of last season make this the most catastrophic perfomance by a Leicester City manager probably in the history of the club.

I am starting to question what on earth he did last season. Did he actually do anything because at the moment it is hard to believe it.

This is the most humiliating FA cup defeat since we lost away to non league Harlow Town and I'm not taking anything away from Millwall.

And yet he keeps his job and I keep hearing he deserves the Seville match, he deserves this that and the other. No he doesn't the only thing he deserves is the sack. He has presided over one of the most embarrasing and humiliating seasons in our history and been well rewarded for it. He's hopeless and should have gone in November when we might have had time to change things round now I fear it is too late.

What makes it worse for me today is that he clearly didn't want to win the match? Why on earth not? Apart form winning becoming a habit it is a bloody insult to all those fans who follow them and pay good money to watch and support the club. His substitutions combined with his pre-match press conference show me this man just couldn't give a **** about the Fa cup or our chances of progressing as if having to play one more match will make the slightest bit of difference to a side that is in free fall and owners who appear content to let it happen.

And to Ranieri, that is exactly when the word "tainted" becomes relevant. The "T" word will have nothing to do with the club, nothing to do with the players, nothing to do with the fans, nothing to do with Kante, nothing to do with Pearson, nothing to do with lifting the Trophy, nothing to do with the greatest sporting achievement of all time. It will rest on Ranieri's shoulders, people forever asking the eternal question what did he really do? 

That is so sad, yet it will be his epitaph. 

No matter what, everybody herein will, rightly question, what did he really do? 

Let me future proof this, right or wrong, what did he really do?, that will taint last season for him only. 

9 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Touchy....

He's also fundamental in giving me one of the worst years in my life as a City fan...

It's my opinion and criticism where criticism is due.

Been a supporter long?

Today was a low point…. and I'm all for people having a opinions, and I shared mine!

i'm not at all happy to see his role in achieving one of the greatest sporting  miracles in history being diminished by statements like that…. He deserves way more than that…

Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri: "I am very disappointed. We played well in the first half, so-so at the beginning of the second until it went to 10 v 11. After then they played better than us, with more desire and heart and deserved to win.

"When we have the opportunity to go to the next round, we have to win. We have to show desire. I gave a great opportunity to my players.

"We can learn. When a team from League One beats the champions we say why and have to react as soon as possible. We are better than Millwall, but Millwall deserved to win."

Played well??

its a ****ing league one team

and ur team had one shot on target

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri: "I am very disappointed. We played well in the first half, so-so at the beginning of the second until it went to 10 v 11. After then they played better than us, with more desire and heart and deserved to win.

"When we have the opportunity to go to the next round, we have to win. We have to show desire. I gave a great opportunity to my players.

"We can learn. When a team from League One beats the champions we say why and have to react as soon as possible. We are better than Millwall, but Millwall deserved to win."

About time he started to question the players, they aren't protecting you so he has no reason to protect that bunch of overpaid idiots anymore 

2 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Been a supporter long?

Today was a low point…. and I'm all for people having a opinions, and I shared mine!

i'm not at all happy to see his role in achieving one of the greatest sporting  miracles in history being diminished by statements like that…. He deserves way more than that…

He has tainted last year and very much taken the shine off it

His credit has run out with the proper fans

14 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Claudio might just be the biggest fraud ever, touted himself for the Leicester Job after the Greece sacking and spent a week trying to learn from Jurgen Klopp after his confidence was at all time low.

There are 2 Claudios

the one that doesn't have to change anything 

the second one where he has to do his job

one reaps the benefits

So…. He didn't do anything last year, bar take advantage of s half useful team?  He takes no credit at all?  His tactical changes, team selection and management of a high pressure situation were just a happy accidents?   

Are you sure you want to make that statement before you really embarrass yourself?

20 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Touchy....

He's also fundamental in giving me one of the worst years in my life as a City fan...

It's my opinion and criticism where criticism is due.

One of the worst years in your life as a city fan? Come on, I went to the game, it was a total shambles and I'm gutted but a premier league relegation battle is probably par or slightly above par for most city fans when they look back at their time supporting the club. FYI - Not defending the club in anyway here, just don't think this is one of the worst seasons in my life (2004 to 2008 all worse imo).

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Well if you'd told me in 2014 we'd be the worst team in the prem and getting knocked out the cup to league one team with 10 men I'd be happy.

Oh hang on I'm not doing this positive spin stuff very well am I.

Sack the clown before it's too late.

We can't even beat 10 men how on earth are  we supposed to beat a team with 11this is now getting. a JOKE. I'M NOT LAUGHING THOUGH 

3 minutes ago, melrose said:

He has tainted last year and very much taken the shine off it

His credit has run out with the proper fans

I'm a proper fan and I don't agree…. Last year still remains one of the very best moments of my life

59 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

So we are playing against a 10 man Millwall and CR's genius tactics is to replace Wague with Wasilewski instead of Vardy which proves the fear of losing has completely taken over any rationale, fcuk knows how many Sevilla will put past us I really expect a 7 goal thumping will only be about even money.

What message does it give to a squad whose confidence is shot when, against 10 men, he makes timid, defensive changes to play for a draw?

27 minutes ago, reynard said:

I'm probably going to get pasted for this but for me this is the worst managerial performance by any manager of Leicester City in my lifetime. Worse than Holloway, worse than McClintock worse than Hamilton, worse than Levein  and even worse than Taylor.

The ineptness and frankly clueless way were are set up the awful recruitment, the terrible substituitons, the failure to motivate players, the waffle in press conferences the apparent complete inabilitiy to do anything at all combined with the record investment made by the club in new players, a top sports science team, excellent training facilities plus the total and utter fall from the heights of last season make this the most catastrophic perfomance by a Leicester City manager probably in the history of the club.

I am starting to question what on earth he did last season. Did he actually do anything because at the moment it is hard to believe it.

This is the most humiliating FA cup defeat since we lost away to non league Harlow Town and I'm not taking anything away from Millwall.

And yet he keeps his job and I keep hearing he deserves the Seville match, he deserves this that and the other. No he doesn't the only thing he deserves is the sack. He has presided over one of the most embarrasing and humiliating seasons in our history and been well rewarded for it. He's hopeless and should have gone in November when we might have had time to change things round now I fear it is too late.

What makes it worse for me today is that he clearly didn't want to win the match? Why on earth not? Apart form winning becoming a habit it is a bloody insult to all those fans who follow them and pay good money to watch and support the club. His substitutions combined with his pre-match press conference show me this man just couldn't give a **** about the Fa cup or our chances of progressing as if having to play one more match will make the slightest bit of difference to a side that is in free fall and owners who appear content to let it happen.

I'm sorry, but this is nonsense. Peter Taylor bought Ade Akinbiyi, Trevor Chamberlain and Junior fvking Lewis, FFS.  Ranieri has proved that he doesn't have Pearson's or Steve Walsh's eye for a great player - he proved that with his comment last season that he was reluctantly persuaded to sign Kanté by Walsh. For all that, he has still not bought anyone as dire as Akinbiyi, Chamberlain or Lewis. Thankfully.

2 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

I'm sorry, but this is nonsense. Peter Taylor bought Ade Akinbiyi, Trevor Chamberlain and Junior fvking Lewis, FFS.  Ranieri has proved that he doesn't have Pearson's or Steve Walsh's eye for a great player - he proved that with his comment last season that he was reluctantly persuaded to sign Kanté by Walsh. For all that, he has still not bought anyone as dire as Akinbiyi, Chamberlain or Lewis. Thankfully.

Those weren't even championship standard so I agree... I think we have some good young players and there is something there to build on. Can't have said that after the Taylor rein 

Just now, LanguedocFox said:

That's your opinion and that's fine. However, I disagree simply because the club is in much better shape financially than it was then and this season has fallen even further. I personally don't think there is much to choose between Akinbiyi and Musa. With he "tools" at his disposal I think Ranieri has done a far worse job this season than Taylor. However, it is worrying how similar both season are! On Junior Lewis I agree though Mendy cost £14million more and frankly doesn't look a lot better.

47 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Against Swansea, Chelsea and Southampton we hardly created anything. Against Derby we created enough to score goals and miss a few. Today seemed just the same - we created chances but no-one took them.

The game could and should have been over and done with well before the end.

I said beforehand we'd be better with a three-man midfield but, in the event, two served to be the foundation for quite enough attacks and chances to have won. Every plan needs to allow for the opposition scoring because human error can creep in at any time and more especially in a disrupted defence.    

Bring Matty back that would be a positive step IMO 

Archived