Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

To be fair to him, he quit Burnley to drop down a division and head back to Bournemouth because his mum died and the family wanted to be close.

Can't really fault that. 

Who knows what would've happened if he'd stayed.

Fair enough! Wasn't aware, I thought it was down to the form to be honest because they lost a crazy amount towards the end of his full season.

6 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Let's not get carried away!!!

Haha I know I know, I think he has a lot to offer, look at his goals against Everton, he should not be on the wing, he's a on the shoulder man with quick through balls, not lofted over the top punts to the wing. 

He's playing in a dreadful team having moved from a completely different league. 

I'm trying to ignore his performances this season, as well as all of the non performing new players, Not everyone can make an impact like Kante or Ndidi. 

If we start playing decent football, I think Musa could be a dark horse for us.

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Haha I know I know, I think he has a lot to offer, look at his goals against Everton, he should not be on the wing, he's a on the shoulder man with quick through balls, not lofted over the top punts to the wing. 

He's playing in a dreadful team having moved from a completely different league. 

I'm trying to ignore his performances this season, as well as all of the non performing new players, Not everyone can make an impact like Kante or Ndidi. 

Well I hope you're correct because at the moment it looks like we may as well have spent 16m on a solid 24ct gold replica of the PL trophy!

57 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Could be a dark horse you say.

ummm.....

Yes but so far he's been a total bag of shit.

But of course you are correct, he COULD one day, when he learns the ability to pass and control a football.

I think the danger of putting Shakey in charge is that the players will feel they don't need to impress in training, like they would a new manager

This team needs a serious shake up, and I dont think he's the man to do it unfortunately 

His ideas will be too close to Claudio's to make the immediate impact that's required

Shakey's replies to questions at the press conference suggesting that the players were 100% behind Ranieri was utter nonsense.

It was PR to suggest that any incoming manager would be able to hold court and not worry about mob rule.

However, it's obvious to everyone that this is exactly what has happened.

Mourinho even sounded worried that this kind of behaviour is dangerous for managers.

Why currently would we look like a good place for a decent manager to come? We have opinionated players who only listen when they hear what they want to hear, and we're a point of relegation?

Mancini probably understands this, he left Man City after falling out with his players. As much as I would have liked him here, it would have been very optimistic. Given reports are that he's not interested, it would take a real good negotiator to bring someone of standing to the club at the minute. Who's in charge of the recruitment does not leave me at ease. :(

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

The thing about Hodgson is that as drab and uninspiring appointment as that would be what we need right now is somebody accustomed to making teams hard to beat straight away.

Hodgson's England tenure ended up being a bit of a disaster but if you go back to euro 2012 he turned us into a very solid unit very quickly. 

I think what what we need is a short term fix to the end of the season and then we should have a look again for a long term appointment. Realistically the only longer term options are Mancini, Rowett and Pearson, all of whom would have to come in and work with a group of de-motivated, unfit players and could very easily have their first act as Leicester manager being the overseeing of the club's relegation, which is hardly the basis for a successful long-term career.

Hodgson wouldn't be my choice by a long shot but I would not be at all surprised if he ends up in charge.

Said it months ago, he's not the awful choice people make out and I think he ticks a lot of boxes any owners in our position would look for. Knows the league, knows the players, knows the opposition, been in this situation before with West Brom and did a brilliant job, good with the press (the owners like good press and he'd be good with them.

Certainly not a long term option, but for my a far less risky short term option than a Mancini, Rowett etc. if we wanted to wait until the summer for a long term appointment.

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Said it months ago, he's not the awful choice people make out and I think he ticks a lot of boxes any owners in our position would look for. Knows the league, knows the players, knows the opposition, been in this situation before with West Brom and did a brilliant job, good with the press (the owners like good press and he'd be good with them.

Certainly not a long term option, but for my a far less risky short term option than a Mancini, Rowett etc. if we wanted to wait until the summer for a long term appointment.

Vardy will be delighted...

Archived