Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

If we got Pearson back that would be one hell of a step backwards as with Mancini though is that just a smoke screen to the media??

laurent Blanc and guss hiddink great shouts no to Pardew and I'm on the fence about Redknapp has he still got it in him to keep us up ?

But we need to get someone in soon to settle the side down including our prima donnas !

18 minutes ago, Trelleh said:

Wether he'd want to join us is another matter,

I'd personally throw money at Bournemouth for Howe..

Throw all you want at Bournemouth - Its what do you offer Howe, having heard what he said about the situation today - there is no chance he will come here.

Said it before, say it again: Rafa is the man! Fits the bill in so many ways and IF worse comes to worse he has managed to get Newcastle straight back up. He's managed big egos, big clubs and managed to get Newcastle playing at the end of last season when they looked dead and buried. I also think he would be a realistic target as if you offered Ashley any sort of money he would let Rafa leave in the knowledge that they are more or less up anyway.

Just now, SmokingAces said:

Said it before, say it again: Rafa is the man! Fits the bill in so many ways and IF worse comes to worse he has managed to get Newcastle straight back up. He's managed big egos, big clubs and managed to get Newcastle playing at the end of last season when they looked dead and buried. I also think he would be a realistic target as if you offered Ashley any sort of money he would let Rafa leave in the knowledge that they are more or less up anyway.

I can't see him coming here though, Newcastle are  bigger club than us and have a better chance of being in the premier league next season

Just now, chapero82 said:

Whatever happens we still have a shocking defence and no creative midfielder mate 

the biggest problem of this season is our lack of quality signings 

Whatever happens we have the same team as last season minus Kante, We have enough about us to stay up if they are set up correctly and play for their manager.

Just now, chapero82 said:

Whatever happens we still have a shocking defence and no creative midfielder mate 

the biggest problem of this season is our lack of quality signings 

I agree but then, have the creative players really been given a chance lately? both Gray and Kaputska have looked good but then fall behind Musa/Albrighton the next game. I'd also go as far as saying Benny deserves a start at cb. 

The Thai's have a quite obvious preference checklist when it comes to appointing new managers. 

- Widespread reputation 

- Professional public speaker

- Experienced but not necessarily in England

- A willingness to work with current staff

The question is which managers (courtesy of skybet) tick every box but the last (there's no way we could know the answer to that)  of that checklist? 

Roberto Mancini 

Guus Hiddink

Frank De Boer

Harry Redknapp

Martin O'Neill

Roy Hodgson

Manuel Pellegrini

Rafa Benitez 

Roberto Di Matteo

Roberto Martinez 

Sam Allardyce 

Andre Villas Boas

Brendan Rodgers

Laurent Blanc

Louis Van Gaal 

Having got the faintest clue how many of those would want the job but I reckon it's got to be a pretty sought after. Champions League, outside the bottom three, a squad that has proven it is good enough to win the league minus Kante, a financial war chest in the summer if we stay up, only got to win five or so games and draw a couple for good measure out of thirteen to stay up. If that's not an attractive proposition I don't know what is. For the record I do believe we will stay up now that Ranieri is gone, judging by the rumours of him losing the dressing room. I wanted Ranieri to stay but if the rumours were true then I reckon the owners have done the right thing albeit at a strange time. 

26 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

The Thai's have a quite obvious preference checklist when it comes to appointing new managers. 

- Widespread reputation 

- Professional public speaker

- Experienced but not necessarily in England

- A willingness to work with current staff

The question is which managers (courtesy of skybet) tick every box but the last (there's no way we could know the answer to that)  of that checklist? 

Roberto Mancini 

Guus Hiddink

Frank De Boer

Harry Redknapp

Martin O'Neill

Roy Hodgson

Manuel Pellegrini

Rafa Benitez 

Roberto Di Matteo

Roberto Martinez 

Sam Allardyce 

Andre Villas Boas

Brendan Rodgers

Laurent Blanc

Louis Van Gaal 

Having got the faintest clue how many of those would want the job but I reckon it's got to be a pretty sought after. Champions League, outside the bottom three, a squad that has proven it is good enough to win the league minus Kante, a financial war chest in the summer if we stay up, only got to win five or so games and draw a couple for good measure out of thirteen to stay up. If that's not an attractive proposition I don't know what is. For the record I do believe we will stay up now that Ranieri is gone, judging by the rumours of him losing the dressing room. I wanted Ranieri to stay but if the rumours were true then I reckon the owners have done the right thing albeit at a strange time. 

Thats a good piece of work. Looking at it though my emotions mostly range from dread to ambivalent. Rafa & Hiddink I think are the only ones who might excite me.

1 hour ago, FireFox said:

Give to Shakespeare until the end of the season... Then Brendan Rodgers, Wenger, Wagner, Monk, Howe, et cetera.

Shakey isn't the answer. Just look at what happened with John Carver.  A "caretaker" doesn't keep us up. 

30 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

A bit left field but Michael Laudrup? My only concern would be the players we have couldn't play the type of football he'd want us to. Always thought he was a very decent manager at Swansea 

seemed to lose the Swansea dressing room by the end too though 

Hang on, 

According to sky sports sources in Italy, Mancini is not interested stating he "didn't really enjoy his spell in Leicester" 

According to Mancini it was where he fell in love with English football?

Had Mancini been lying to us? I guess it's just another to add to the list today lol

Does seem that we don't have anyone lined up. Pretty disappointed if I am honest. I would have been sounding out Managers available weeks ago. We could end up with a load of rejections and either Shakespeare till the end of the season or a Pardew type.

Dreams of Mancini, O'Neill, Hiddink etc, are very unlikely. As for some saying Rafa... He is managing a bigger club, that will definitely be in the Premier League next season.. No chance.

We either go for a short-term fix with a big name, which I think is unlikely now OR we go long-term and someone who will stay with us even if relegated. 

Another issue, is how unpopular we now are rightly or wrongly. I wouldn't put it past managers like Mancini and Hiddink being put off, due to the way our owners have been perceived to treat Claudio. That can't be helped though. I think we should and probably will, end up with somewhere in between a big name and an up and coming manager such as De Boer or Blanc.

I just hope we can survive. Would really shut a lot of the haters up and also show that our owners made the right decision. Tough appointment though! Good luck lads!! :sweating:

Archived