Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

Roger Schmidt's an interesting one, was being linked with the Arsenal job recently. Has a great reputation for developing youngsters and taking them to international level. Took Leverkusen to Champions League last year with a 3rd place finish. 

I'm definitely in the pro Shakespeare camp but in terms of building up the club for the long term the owners might fancy a "bigger name" in the summer. 

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

So Ajax aren't named after an obscure multi-surface cleaner after all?

images-67.jpg.34057b8a026d261205988f703a173cfb.jpg

Nope! A mythical Greek hero and most definitely not a good... isn't that right @Hammo ;) 

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Roger Schmidt's an interesting one, was being linked with the Arsenal job recently. Has a great reputation for developing youngsters and taking them to international level. Took Leverkusen to Champions League last year with a 3rd place finish. 

I'm definitely in the pro Shakespeare camp but in terms of building up the club for the long term the owners might fancy a "bigger name" in the summer. 

After the dismal list of potential candidates he'd be great.

I'm just pleased that the spectre of Woy's cold dead hand on our shoulder has slipped away since Hull.  For now.

12 hours ago, jim5000 said:

The only question I have about Shakey is his ability to develop the team and the backroom operations. Sure, he's doing great coaching the players he knows really well and ideal for the rest of the season, but does he have the experience to keep the club moving forward?

Pearson, for all his faults, setup a really well oiled machine that Ranieri got the benefit of.

Not saying Pearson should come back, nor Shakey get the gig long term, just there is that question about him...

Pearson as DOF and Shakey as coach

3 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Pearson and Rudkin mix like oil and water and sadly Nigel's inability to brown nose like Rudkin wouldn't wash with the owners.

I do agree though with that sort of appointment having a football man as DOF, Rudkin can do a bit of admin.

Shakey needs quality support if appointed, the club currently do not have that.

3 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I can picture the first board meeting now. Susan is donning a Prada suit, Top and Vichai look immaculate, Nige is there in his Fox Leisure tracksuit and white trainers.

5 points clear of the relegation zone, 6 goals in 2 games?

There is no way it's not Shakey's job till the end of the season.

I do wonder though if they'll give it him permenantly though, we may need a bigger presence/draw in the transfer market as we could lose key players this season - though hopefully if he gets it full time it may help retain players? 

Tough decision.

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

5 points clear of the relegation zone, 6 goals in 2 games?

There is no way it's not Shakey's job till the end of the season.

I do wonder though if they'll give it him permenantly though, we may need a bigger presence/draw in the transfer market as we could lose key players this season - though hopefully if he gets it full time it may help retain players? 

Tough decision.

Master of the bleeding obvious!

:P

what would YOU do Nick? What would you do?

Archived