Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

13 hours ago, foxes21 said:

the owners and rudkin were at training the other day. perhaps observing shakey??

If anything they would be watching the players not Shakey. Observing players attitudes. Seeing if harmony is restored and they have done the correct thing.

Anyone still looking like they have a problem on the summer clear out list.

With the names linked to the job at the moment it is a no brainer to keep Shakespeare in charge till the end of the season and assess then.  More managers would be available both in and out of work then and if Shakespeare has done well then he would be in pole position to keep the job.

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm dead against Mancini, I don't think I'm alone.

Just don't see how he fits here at all. If everyone likes how we worked behind the scenes and it was actually successful, you bring someone in who fits into it.

Just now, Babylon said:

Just don't see how he fits here at all. If everyone likes how we worked behind the scenes and it was actually successful, you bring someone in who fits into it.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. My suspicion is Dyche is the closest in spirit, I must say I've never really understood the contempt people have for him.

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

I think you've hit the nail on the head. My suspicion is Dyche is the closest in spirit, I must say I've never really understood the contempt people have for him.

As a manager I can't fault the man.

His personality however is that of the knowitall, good at everything, always right no matter what, person that everyone knows at least one of and hates with a passion.

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

If we'd not been in a battle with them to go up, I doubt many would.

12 minutes ago, les-tah said:

unless we get a big name then id rather just have Shakey. 

What is the obsession with big names? Sven was a big name. Hodgson's a big name. Souness is a big name. Neville's a big name. Ranieri's a big name, but we're so much better off without him now.

Pearson's not a big name. Shakespeare's not a big name. Well, it is, but Craig Shakespeare isn't.

How famous someone is means fvck all. I'd much, much rather we got someone I'd never heard of than a lot of big names I can think of.

How many of us had heard of Vardy, Mahrez or Kante before we signed them?

2 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Ranieri has managed a lot more big clubs than Eriksson.

Nevertheless in world consciousness  of football related names Erikson is head and shoulders above Renieri. Ranieri is only now rated after last season.  Ranieri had not won anything ( close but no cigars )  Erikson had.  

Pulis is doing a great job at West Brom the right club for, a club that's just looking to stay up. Something he's shown he's expert at, however Leicester of course have moved up a level and got other targets. There's too many expectations for Pulis here, the playing style would piss a lot of fans off for one thing.

It's an absolute no brainer to give it to Shakespeare til the end of the season. He wants his chance to prove he can do a job as a manager, knows the squad inside out, knows how to get the best out of the lads and people that are avaliable for the vacancy are shit candidates.

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

The David Brent beard. Dubious facial hair without any sufficiently redeeming qualities.

He's basically a ginger david brent. It's a no from me.

Archived