Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

4 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

Eddie Howe ill by all accounts

Let the rumours begin    :ph34r:

Have to say, apart from the defensive issues Howe has had over his tenures, trying to get our lot to play the way he likes will be like putting a ship in a bottle. 

And whats this guff about a new DOF.  We already have one and if anything, his position seems stronger than it was! 

44 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I can't help but remember Rob  Kelly. He kept us up that season,iIrc we'd have had enough points anyway, very popular with the fans, got the job permanently and then was sacked the next season.

Unfortunately I think Shakespeare's days are numbered here. Any new bloke is going to want to bring in their own people. Shakey should be looking for a team he can start his own career as a manager at next season.

Our owners told CR he had to keep Walsh and Shakey. I expect them to say the same whoever gets the job.

Why are people talking about getting a DOF have I missed something?

We have a DOF called Rudkin and our owners love him.

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Our owners told CR he had to keep Walsh and Shakey. I expect them to say the same whoever gets the job.

Why are people talking about getting a DOF have I missed something?

We have a DOF called Rudkin and our owners love him.

Does Shakey want to be the eternal assistant? Don't we need to freshen up the whole club next season? It's just the way I see it, I'm probably miles off.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Does Shakey want to be the eternal assistant? Don't we need to freshen up the whole club next season? It's just the way I see it, I'm probably miles off.

If it ain't broke don't fix it was thrown at CR for changing stuff. I have been told he has it till the summer with a possible long term contract. Why would he want out he will soon plug the holes back room as well. He then has a solid platform. Anywhere else he will have a major build to undertake.

6 minutes ago, sylofox said:

If it ain't broke don't fix it was thrown at CR for changing stuff. I have been told he has it till the summer with a possible long term contract. Why would he want out he will soon plug the holes back room as well. He then has a solid platform. Anywhere else he will have a major build to undertake.

I've no problem with him until the end of the season, I'd say that's probably the best option. Assistant manager to full time manager next season? doesn't work very often.

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I've no problem with him until the end of the season, I'd say that's probably the best option. Assistant manager to full time manager next season? doesn't work very often.

Agreed

And as for DOF, perhaps replacement was the phrase I should have use.

I think Rudkin should have gone with Claudio .............. but it's just an opinion.

46 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Source?

If they're gonna give it to Shakey they need to do it in the next few days. We have a real chance of getting to the quarter finals of the champions league, and everyone at the club needs to be on the same page and settled.

15 minutes ago, stix said:

If they're gonna give it to Shakey they need to do it in the next few days. We have a real chance of getting to the quarter finals of the champions league, and everyone at the club needs to be on the same page and settled.

The players seem to be playing quite well trying to get Shakey in ....        Mind games.

In the BBC coverage of today's match they mentioned that Shakespeare was a very popular figure at the club and then pointedly commented that "Leicester fans are completely opposed to the appointment of Roy Hodgson" that might just be from reading these pages or from a wider view being expressed but I doubt that this animus would escaped the powers that be

should be shakey until the end of the season. but in terms of a potential new manager in the summer..

Roger Schmidt has just been sacked from Bayer Leverkusen who are renown for their 4-4-2, high pressing style. maybe he should be on the shortlist?

The only question I have about Shakey is his ability to develop the team and the backroom operations. Sure, he's doing great coaching the players he knows really well and ideal for the rest of the season, but does he have the experience to keep the club moving forward?

Pearson, for all his faults, setup a really well oiled machine that Ranieri got the benefit of.

Not saying Pearson should come back, nor Shakey get the gig long term, just there is that question about him...

33 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

should be shakey until the end of the season. but in terms of a potential new manager in the summer..

Roger Schmidt has just been sacked from Bayer Leverkusen who are renown for their 4-4-2, high pressing style. maybe he should be on the shortlist?

I think the club will go abroad. All of this talk about Roy, Pardew etc. is just short term, and Shakey has that covered.

No-one expected Claudio when he was announced, and I expect the club will cast a wide net again this summer.

On 3/4/2017 at 10:32, toddybad said:

Id like shakey to get his chance bit there is one huge downside - once his time as manager ends he'll leave the club and wont be here coaching anymore. 

why couldnt the club just put him back to coaching side again if things dont work out managerially for him?

Archived