Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

Shakey is no fool and will realise the make or break situation he is in .If ,as expected ,he gets the caretaker role to the end of the season and ,also as expected ,we stay up ,he then has to convince the owners that he has the credentials to get the job permanently . 

Ironically ,the demise of Claudio and our subsequent revival will make it highly unlikely that a new manager will agree to Shakey staying on as his number two ,so he has gambled his career on getting the top job.

The history of successful caretakers getting the job full time is chequered ,to say the least and I ,for one ,doubt that our owners will take the risk, however harsh that would be .

Shakey knows therefore ,that he had to not only pull off the mini great escape but in addition ,have a coherent and deliverable strategy to present to the owners that he can restructure the squad and achieve their goal of establishing us as a permanent member of the Premier League.

As previous posters have pointed out  ,the strategic problems at the club are significant and have played no small part in our largely disappointing season ,none of which are Shakey's doing, but all of which will cloud his future .

He is a very good coach and an extremely loyal servant to the club - I hope he gets his just rewards.

12 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

When's Shakespear going to dress up in a suit ?

Champions League Final?

Meh I wouldn't want to see him in a suit. When you think about suits they are the most rubbish every day wear ever. They are crap in the cold, wet and heat, not very comfortable in comparison to other clothing.... Why bother?

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

The current structure is to footy background focussed... i have said before that i am unimpressed on meeting rudkin... he must have been appointed to the level above his competence.  I have worked with ft100 directors and most are pretty smart and focussed.  This is a compmex role and needs someone bright

Christ, now that's an impossible task right there. Bright strategic managers in the world of football must be difficult to find let alone relying on your "bright" strategic footballing managers to find them.

12 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Champions League Final?

Meh I wouldn't want to see him in a suit. When you think about suits they are the most rubbish every day wear ever. They are crap in the cold, wet and heat, not very comfortable in comparison to other clothing.... Why bother?

Well what about the cap? 

Roger Schmidt spent 3 years at Leverkusen and has a 48% win rate. He plays a similar game to Leicester. Very pragmatic football.

Leverkusen almost wrote a eulogy for him.

Schmidt has a very strict philosophy and that's to press very high. His teams main weakness was the defence.

If Shakey and the lads can show him the importance of defence/counter attack, not just the high press/attack then it could be another perfect storm, like Ranieri.

1 minute ago, Merchant said:

Understand that Craig Shakespeare has been given the manager's job at Leicester until the end of the season.

Guardian seem to reckon its done

best all round, finish the season. see where we are and regroup in the summer and then see which way to go!

I still hope we give the job to the best man for the job rather than Shakespeare by default because we played well until the end of the season.

I'm not averse to Shakey getting it at all but I hope he has a clear strategy he can present to Rudkin and the owners on how to take the club forward rather than just carrying on with what's here already.

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I still hope we give the job to the best man for the job rather than Shakespeare by default because we played well until the end of the season.

I'm not averse to Shakey getting it at all but I hope he has a clear strategy he can present to Rudkin and the owners on how to take the club forward rather than just carrying on with what's here already.

This is spot on.

If there's not two young centre back on top of his list in June then we'll go backwards. 

2 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Just hope William Hill class that as 'next permanent manager'. My £20 bet at 6/1 would come in very handy right now!

They do :thumbup:

Loads of us here lumped on Shakey, free money incoming :thumbup:

Archived