Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yastafox

Next Manager?

5 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

It's an absolute no brainer to give it to Shakespeare til the end of the season. He wants his chance to prove he can do a job as a manager, knows the squad inside out, knows how to get the best out of the lads and people that are avaliable for the vacancy are shit candidates.

May have only been assisting but you certainly can't snub his cv with the club...

2009: League One champions

2014: Championship champions

2015: The Great Escape

2016: Premer League Champions

now surely after being involved with all that he deserves his chance!?

Good thing about Shakespeare is despite not having the experience of Hodgson, he does know the squad. He's also got the fans approval and they will back him 100%. 

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

May have only been assisting but you certainly can't snub his cv with the club...

He's learned his trade from the best manager in the world so I'm sure he would be fine. 

:nigel:

1 hour ago, winchesterton said:

The David Brent beard. Dubious facial hair without any sufficiently redeeming qualities.

He's basically a ginger david brent. It's a no from me.

when david's giving a speech you can literally see the people getting all...motivated.

I have said a few times Garry monk is the right man his contact end at the end of the season. Do a deal now for next season and let Shakespeare keep it until the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, tetly said:

I have said a few times Garry monk is the right man his contact end at the end of the season. Do a deal now for next season and let Shakespeare keep it until the end of the season.

I think David Wagner would suit our players better. High intensity and all that.

3 minutes ago, tetly said:

can see him ending up at a East Midlands team next season, would be very surprised if it is ours though

24 minutes ago, tetly said:

meh, really?

These odds are like a flapping greyhound track bookie, corals have both Shakey and the Howl as odds on? surely can't be possible in more than 2 "runners" race.....oh and none of them have listed the riders and whether they like hard going....

2 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

These odds are like a flapping greyhound track bookie, corals have both Shakey and the Howl as odds on? surely can't be possible in more than 2 "runners" race.....oh and none of them have listed the riders and whether they like hard going....

Basically, the bookmakers know jack shit.

14 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Good thing about Shakespeare is despite not having the experience of Hodgson, he does know the squad. He's also got the fans approval and they will back him 100%. 

Completely agree. The only thing I would be worried about with Shakey is if he has the ability to bring players to the club long term and does he stick with the "bargain basement" we seem to be in all the time.

On 27/02/2017 at 15:56, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Do we want a manager that is here for himself and puts a plaster on things - quick fix or one the builds and creates a good foundation not just on the pitch. Are there any?

Out of 22 managers I can only come up 4-5 that gave or were able to give all and totally make the club their baby. Pearson, MON, Little etc

Claudio - Despite the obvious high the infrastructure has gone backward sadly. Bought a house rather than rent so intended to be around. 

I know its a bit raw.

Pearson- Built from the ground up

Sven - Played at it but did change the pitch and input on training facilities

Sousa- Dismantled all that was good, kicked out all sports science guys etc

Hollowhead - Meant well but took us backward off and on the pitch

Megson - Who?

Allen - Backwards but changed the flowers

Worthington - Stagnate

Kelly - Tried but out of it

Levien - No idea of English league, took us backward.

Bassett - Some sound ideas for those times

Adams - Not as bad as he seemed but hardly transformed things

Taylor -  Took us back decades

MON- Owned the club from top to bottom

McGee - Good backroom staff, greedy fat bastard took them with him

Little - Possibly did more than anyone to build the club not just the playing side.

Pleat out - Best interests of the club at heart and spoke a good game., like a bung allegedly

Hamilton -  Hated by Walsh, when the sweets he threw in to the crowd were thrown back it was time to call it a day.

Milne - Very astute guy but Tom English comes to mind. Vaguely rememeber him improvingh things behind the scenes

Wallace - Big impact, changed many things,. heart was in the club until he saw ££££ signs

McLintock - As Peter Taylor. Eddie Kelly being the only good thing he brought to the club

Jimmy B - Sacked when 6th in the 1st division after building the club and team. Now that was mad. Quality football

Highlighted my all time favourites.................. still a bit raw on the Claudio front

Agreed with assessment though

Jimmy Bloomfield for the Football and MON for the Passion

11 minutes ago, JayT - Always A Fox! said:

Completely agree. The only thing I would be worried about with Shakey is if he has the ability to bring players to the club long term and does he stick with the "bargain basement" we seem to be in all the time.

want him to get the chance till may. (As long as he doesn't screw up badly today). We know he is good with the players. Let's see him 'out tactic' sampauli and poch. Then, assuming we stay up, the club might just give him a two year deal. though if things are not going well by oct/Nov he would be a gonna! 

Id like shakey to get his chance bit there is one huge downside - once his time as manager ends he'll leave the club and wont be here coaching anymore. 

there is a real danger that shakes will leave the club if he get's the job and does not do very well, or a new manager comes in with his own backroom staff and he goes elsewhere. always thought long term he would end up working with Pearson again because they were a team for a long time

20 minutes ago, JayT - Always A Fox! said:

Slimani a 30 million quid 'bargain basement' buy...

?

13 hours ago, tetly said:

Didn't exactly set the world on fire at Swansea did he? 

The conundrum that we have here is:

• What happen's when Shakespeare has to make difficult decisions
  • To drop or not to drop etc ( Rihad springs to mind )
  • If the players keep us up.......... What's next ( Aging back four )
  • Does Shakespear have to or will he walk if we bring in someone else ?
  • Do we bring in a Director of Football rather than rock the boat ?

If we win today there today we have a lot more questions to answer than those above.

God know's what's going to happen but I expect Shakespeare is as nervous as us.

And how do the newbies feel at the moment, Slim, Musa, Mendy, Amartey etc............ I left Ndidi out of the question as I think he's established himself already based on performances to date.

1 minute ago, Chico1958 said:

Player power by all accounts.................:whistle:

But he is doing ok at Leeds....... I said "ok"

Needs to prove it over a good period of time for me. He's doing well at Leeds but it's early days. The fact that player power has already ousted him once would be a worry. Stick with Shakey IMO. Maybe bring in a DOF or another assistant if he wants it, but certainly not fkin Woy obviously! 

I can't help but remember Rob  Kelly. He kept us up that season,iIrc we'd have had enough points anyway, very popular with the fans, got the job permanently and then was sacked the next season.

Unfortunately I think Shakespeare's days are numbered here. Any new bloke is going to want to bring in their own people. Shakey should be looking for a team he can start his own career as a manager at next season.

If we win today (or draw but the team performs somewhere near how it did against Liverpool) then I imagine most of us including the board would be comfortable with Shakes being given the job until the end of the season. If we don't win or return to the nervous/ negative performances we've seen for most of 2017 then I think the board will feel they need to bring in someone until the end of the season - particularly as we have a long gap until the next game to let them make changes. It would then be back to who is available at the moment and the choice isn't great - Hodgson (uninspiring), Pearson(unlikely), Guus(one more pay day?),Pardew(Nooooo), the 2 Oneill's (one says no and the others a no from me) Mancini (waiting for a better offer) etc...,, 

We had better hope for a performance today!

Archived