Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Liverpool (H) Match Thread

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Difference is midfield is pressing , the back 7 is on the front foot, not holding back or withdrawing...

Under Claudio, they played the old Italian way...

And that's somehow improved Huths decision making when faced with situations like in recent weeks? 

Is Okazaki making the difference?

Baffled me that CR didn't turn to him when we were struggling. His pressing from the front was a huge part of last season. Putting pressure on teams at the back forces the ball forwards and rushes players into mistakes. This then gives our defence a chance because the opposition don't have the time to pick our defence apart and exploit their weaknesses.

Just now, Captain... said:

Is Okazaki making the difference?

Baffled me that CR didn't turn to him when we were struggling. His pressing from the front was a huge part of last season. Putting pressure on teams at the back forces the ball forwards and rushes players into mistakes. This then gives our defence a chance because the opposition don't have the time to pick our defence apart and exploit their weaknesses.

No, all shinji does is fall over remember?

Seriously though, he is integral to how we play and it's still laughable how people don't get that.

6 minutes ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

The players seem to be playing with freedom. This ls city from last season what a performance 1st half. Somebody posted 4 donkeys earlier on today I haven't seen any donkeys tonight 

It was me. Do not speak to soon. There is still time to fook this up. I hope I am wrong.  But do not expect me to apologise as the back 4 have been atrocious for most of the season.

2 minutes ago, Ron Combo said:

Here's another tool.

Last one, unless another uber tosser pitches up on the BBC site

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 22.05.00.png

The tool shed will be full to the rafters tomorrow.

No, all shinji does is fall over remember?

Seriously though, he is integral to how we play and it's still laughable how people don't get that.

I think where we win the ball is so key to our style. Winning the ball deep is useless. We need to win it in midfield, demonstrated by the vardy goal. Pressing helps accomplish this. Even if they break your press, they hear your footsteps coming from behind and have to make quick and pressured decisions. All year teams have sat 35 yards out with space and time to operate and pick us clean.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Archived