Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Liverpool (H) Match Thread

Much better. Convinced that Ranieri stifled this team with negative tactics from the Summer onwards. Thought he had the opportunity to put his own stamp on it and that's where it went wrong. 

What on earth he was thinking I really don't know. If you've got a team full of players who want to give 110%, constantly nip at people's heels to win the ball back and attack / defend en masse - why on earth would you try and stop that?

Changing anything from the title winning season was madness tbh. 

Welcome back Leicester - big 45 up next, win this and we stay up IMO. Confidence will be back, table looking better already.

Give the job to Shakey until the end of the season - if not that, bring Pearson back and re-assemble the dream team. 

:scarf:

We need to keep this up for another 45 minutes.

And we have at least 225 minutes worth of football to say if this is sustainable.

But it's looking good for far. I hope it's more we're excellent than Liverpool are shit.

But the the boys have proved they may have been right, for the first 45 minutes at least.

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

We are 45 mins into our time under shakespeare, and based on the first half, if I had to pick any manager, it would be him. 

We are better organised, more focused, more determined, stronger, faster, have better communication, actually look like we give a shit. 

First to the ball, winning 2nd balls, tackling hard, pressing high, high intensity, and could be 3/4 up at half time over Liverpool.

This is the corner we needed, and I hope to god we turn it, because if we can keep playing like this, we will finish closer to mid table than relegation. 

Only 45 mins in, but Shakey has these fired up and should not be overlooked as we look for a manager.

Hard to say it's down to Shakespeare when you consider the pasting the players have got from all quarters - a cornered animal is at it's most dangerous after all - and it's been suggested that falling into the bottom three would give us the kick up the arse needed. Still, if he can get this out of them he deserves it.

What a great first half performance. The key difference is that every player is battling for everything! Joy to watch us getting in Liverpool's faces with aggression and determination.

Have to keep this tempo up, no matter how knackered we get. 

I think 10 out of the 11 players are working their socks off...  Mahrez defensively though is so lazy. He is leaving his man time and time again and it will catch us out eventually.

We can no longer accept his lack of effort in defence due to his attacking impact, as there isn't any. Switch Albrighton to the right and bring Gray on at LM. 

Ulloa to come on for Okazaki soonish too please. Great effort so far though! Defence has been solid and N'didi is such a good player!

Welcome back Vardy! 

Just now, Larry_LCFC said:

I'm sure the media will say we are a disgrace for playing this well after Ranieri gets the boot. I'd argue we are playing this because of it. Gone back to how we like to play which Ranieri wasn't having any of!

Played like this vs Man City tbf. 

8 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Klopp by all accounts warned his players of a  Leicester backlash !!:ph34r:

Well, when you've got the backs against the wall, you do usually get that hurt animal reaction from a team that many are already seeing going down.

We're not down and out yet - and the reaction by the team so far has been absolutely refreshing.

Still makes you wonder why they were playing as if they had the handbrake on for most part this season...

Unleash the beast! I Such an entertaining match so far.

Archived