Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EGBFitness

Atletico 97/98

Anyone got any stories they want to share home/away? 

I was only 7 when we last played Atletico so can remember very little. Went to the home leg and managed to get a signed programme from all the Atletico players. 

Just watched highlights on YouTube and we was robbed, Parkers sending off was a joke and how Izzet never won a penalty is incredible! 

I was 14 at the time and a few days before the match my Dad had caught me smoking. I got one of those 'I'm disappointed' lectures rather than an angry rant.

Anyway, sitting in the East Stand pre-match my Dad turned to me and asked me if I'd stopped smoking, and obviously being a lying little bastard I replied, "Course Dad".

Then he asked me if I promised on Leicester going through that night that I'd stopped and yet again, being a deceitful little toe rag I replied, "I promise".

So there you have it, the appalling luck that night and all the dodgy refereeing was down to my lie. Sorry everyone. I have actually stopped smoking now. 

I remember  this game was about 12 my brother  whos a united  fan and my other  brother who a fan  of football kept bullying  me about how crap we was etc but after that game they both got me  an home and away kit each cos they knew i was sad cos of the we lost the game :'( still brings  tears to my eyes now :'( both kits with Izzet on the back ahhh cant wait for us to beat em so i can finally buy them a lcfc kit each :)

Went with my brother, his wife had died recently, so was hoping for something positive. There was a TV shot of the Kop after the second goal went in, we could both be seen looking gutted and in shock. Never seen reffing like it since, I'm glad to say.

Went with a few friends not on an organised trip. We went to the ground during the day to have a look around and bought some scarves and a football from a bloke on a kind of market stall. 

With ball in hand I was walking round the ground and spotted an entrance right through to the pitch. We did no more than wander through on to the pitch and had some shots shooting into the net that Marshy scored in! It was only when the tannoy announcer said " English, get off the pitch" that we left! Fantastic experience. 

Dreadful trip out on the coach. Remember Claridge being a sub then subbed off I think. Juninho fell over and won a penalty. Also has some annoying cvnt called Kiko up top. 2nd leg muzzy had 3 stonewall pens turned down. We owe these big style!

I was only a nipper but I remember my dads cousin showing me a photo that he's taken of the scoreboard when we went 1-0 up through Marshall - he was saying he'll probably never see anything like it again as a Leicester fan.

Then the home leg. Devastating!

Archived