Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

Summer 2017 player incoming / outgoing

5 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Would take James Rodriguez coming our way in a Mahrez swap deal... :whistle:

Colombian playboy signs for Leicester City............

Madrid women better/worse than Leicester lasses. Discuss.

On 4/7/2017 at 13:49, AKCJ said:

No, Antonio is a winger and a bloody good one. Would be a great signing.

He has played as a number 10. I think he has played everywhere other than in goal and as CB for West Ham though. 

He has incredible work rate and is very versatile so I do see some similarities with Okazaki, especially as he does do a lot of running and defensive work.

Like you said though, best position is probably out wide. West Ham haven't offered him enough yet apparently so slight possibility but I think they will cough up soon enough. 

Summer signings:

Maguire/Gibson

Kieran Trippier 

Adrien Silva

Sigurdsson/Ziyech

Lacina Traore/Deeney

Out:

Moore (Loan)

Wasilewski

Matty James

Kaputska (Loan)

Ulloa

5 In who improve the squad massively & are realistic signings who we stand a chance in getting I reckon personally. 

5 out with a few of the young lads going out on loan.

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Summer signings:

Maguire/Gibson

Kieran Trippier 

Adrien Silva

Sigurdsson/Ziyech

Lacina Traore/Deeney

Out:

Moore (Loan)

Wasilewski

Matty James

Kaputska (Loan)

Ulloa

5 In who improve the squad massively & are realistic signings who we stand a chance in getting I reckon personally. 

Traore? The 6ft 7 striker who played for Everton? :nigel:

Not sure about signings but a young centre half would be my priority and then some back up for Ndidi unless...

I'm not certain about Matty James. He is getting good reviews from Barnsley and if he can get back anywhere close to where he was I would suggest keeping him or at the very least keeping an eye on him until at least next Christmas.

Wasilewski is an obvious goner but goes with the absolute best from me. I think Ulloa is also out of here but we might live to regret that one. Kaputska I simply haven't seen enough of which might be an answer in itself (not good enough to get close so get rid perhaps?)

I keep reading about a Chinese club keeping an eye on Slimani and I would be tempted to drive him to the airport if we got our money back. Also ( and I feel its almost unholy to mention it) what about Andy King?

3 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Summer signings:

Maguire/Gibson

Kieran Trippier 

Adrien Silva

Sigurdsson/Ziyech

Lacina Traore/Deeney

Out:

Moore (Loan)

Wasilewski

Matty James

Kaputska (Loan)

Ulloa

Decent suggestions and I hope we can get a number of those.

As for Troy Deeney, I think we may have a similar problem that we are having with trying to incorporate Vardy and Slimani in the same team. Troy Deeney is another striker who has similarities to Slimani, in that, neither are known for pace or flair and although both work hard, neither are an Okazaki type player and so would struggle to drop deep and do that job linking the midfield and attack that Okazaki does so well.

Deeney, like Slimani are also too good to have on the bench so could Deeney start with Vardy in our typical 4-4-1-1? I think we might have similar doubts that we are having now with a Vardy/Slimani partnership.

I think we will probably stick with the 4-4-1-1 as it gets the best out of Vardy and then look to sign Sigurdsson to share the no.10 role with Okazaki and then buy a similar striker to Vardy to share that role. My pick is Andre Gray as although there are better strikers out there, he is 25, has very similar attributes to Vardy and taken a very similar route through the lower leagues and has that nasty fiery side that Vardy has. I also think that we would struggle to have a much better striker willing to share that role with Vardy and not start every week. 

34 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Decent suggestions and I hope we can get a number of those.

As for Troy Deeney, I think we may have a similar problem that we are having with trying to incorporate Vardy and Slimani in the same team. Troy Deeney is another striker who has similarities to Slimani, in that, neither are known for pace or flair and although both work hard, neither are an Okazaki type player and so would struggle to drop deep and do that job linking the midfield and attack that Okazaki does so well.

Deeney, like Slimani are also too good to have on the bench so could Deeney start with Vardy in our typical 4-4-1-1? I think we might have similar doubts that we are having now with a Vardy/Slimani partnership.

I think we will probably stick with the 4-4-1-1 as it gets the best out of Vardy and then look to sign Sigurdsson to share the no.10 role with Okazaki and then buy a similar striker to Vardy to share that role. My pick is Andre Gray as although there are better strikers out there, he is 25, has very similar attributes to Vardy and taken a very similar route through the lower leagues and has that nasty fiery side that Vardy has. I also think that we would struggle to have a much better striker willing to share that role with Vardy and not start every week. 

Deeney always played behind ighalo though, selfless team player. 

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Deeney always played behind ighalo though, selfless team player. 

I think part of the reason Okazaki is so essential in our system, is how quick he can turn and then charge forward or release Vardy. Our speed of breaking and getting the ball to Vardy as quick as possible is what has made us so difficult to play against. 

Slimani, and from what I've seen from Deeney, both tend to play with their back to goal when dropping deep and more often than not look to get the ball under control and lay it off by passing backwards to oncoming support, rather than the quick turn and break that a player like Okazaki or someone with similar agility/pace can offer. 

That is the issue I am seeing with Slimani at the moment, as his style can slow our play down when he drops deep. Still think there is a way to go before that partnership is wriiten off though and I rate Deeney highly, but I do think to get the best out of Vardy and our 4-4-1-1, then we need a 2nd striker/no.10 that has similar agility and speed of Okazaki. Hopefully and upgrade in flair and goals too. 

Deeney and Slimani seem more like plan B strikers to me, and neither will accept that. If we change our formation and have 3 CM's then I could see a Vardy/Slim or Deeney/Vardy partnership making more sense. Willing to be proved wrong though, as would be ideal if we could have two genuine goal scoring strikers on the pitch at the same time. 

I wouldn't mind Sakho from Liverpool, He's been a Beast for Crystal Palace and would be a great signing. Probably get him for 20 to 25 Mil. He's exactly the type we need. A no nonsense solid defender who plays with a real passion. 

Also Trippier to challenge Simpson at RB.

51 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I wouldn't mind Sakho from Liverpool, He's been a Beast for Crystal Palace and would be a great signing. Probably get him for 20 to 25 Mil. He's exactly the type we need. A no nonsense solid defender who plays with a real passion. 

Also Trippier to challenge Simpson at RB.

Trippier would only move from Spurs to start every game but I agree.

Palace will be favourites to sign Sako and they can offer similar wages to us with big spending fat Sam. I actually think Liverpool might be keen to hang on to him after how good he has been for Palace. Funny that so many ridiculed those who suggested signing him in Jan :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I think part of the reason Okazaki is so essential in our system, is how quick he can turn and then charge forward or release Vardy. Our speed of breaking and getting the ball to Vardy as quick as possible is what has made us so difficult to play against. 

Slimani, and from what I've seen from Deeney, both tend to play with their back to goal when dropping deep and more often than not look to get the ball under control and lay it off by passing backwards to oncoming support, rather than the quick turn and break that a player like Okazaki or someone with similar agility/pace can offer. 

That is the issue I am seeing with Slimani at the moment, as his style can slow our play down when he drops deep. Still think there is a way to go before that partnership is wriiten off though and I rate Deeney highly, but I do think to get the best out of Vardy and our 4-4-1-1, then we need a 2nd striker/no.10 that has similar agility and speed of Okazaki. Hopefully and upgrade in flair and goals too. 

Deeney and Slimani seem more like plan B strikers to me, and neither will accept that. If we change our formation and have 3 CM's then I could see a Vardy/Slim or Deeney/Vardy partnership making more sense. Willing to be proved wrong though, as would be ideal if we could have two genuine goal scoring strikers on the pitch at the same time. 

Again absolutely spot on. okazaki is essential due to the closing down and pressure he puts on to the opposition. unfortunately he just doesn't have the creative spark to cause damage on the ball. one player excellent at this is dybala. not only does he put in so much effort, he also has excellent technique, awareness and obviously an eye for goal. he is imperative to juve both defensively and attacking, having a hand in a shed load of goals. without okazaki we often lose the link between midfield and upfront. which results in surrendering possession for long periods of games. he has bad touches and often goes down like he stepped into the grand canyon but he will give 100% no matter what. the only problem is with him playing it begins to diminish our goalscorers on the field. wish we could get schurrle, ziyech or sigurdsson, but dont think defensively any would do what shinji does. massively under rated

2 minutes ago, Staff said:

Again absolutely spot on. okazaki is essential due to the closing down and pressure he puts on to the opposition. unfortunately he just doesn't have the creative spark to cause damage on the ball. one player excellent at this is dybala. not only does he put in so much effort, he also has excellent technique, awareness and obviously an eye for goal. he is imperative to juve both defensively and attacking, having a hand in a shed load of goals. without okazaki we often lose the link between midfield and upfront. which results in surrendering possession for long periods of games. he has bad touches and often goes down like he stepped into the grand canyon but he will give 100% no matter what. the only problem is with him playing it begins to diminish our goalscorers on the field. wish we could get schurrle, ziyech or sigurdsson, but dont think defensively any would do what shinji does. massively under rated

Totally agree. I think finding the perfect number 10 for us will be our biggest challenge this summer, but if we get it right then it could be the signing of the season. 

Personally, I think if Swansea do drop then I would be offering big money and big wages to Sigurdsson. Has proven quality as a number 10. I know he probably wouldn't offer the same workrate as Okazaki but from watching him, he certainly isn't lazy and is fit as they come, so I think playing with high energy and pressing high but also linking the midfield and attack with his decent first touch, turn and eye for a pass or ability to run at defenders, would have a huge impact on our attacking ability. 

I don't think he has been quiet good enough to catch the attention of the top 5/6 clubs and so would put us in with a good shout of getting him. Everton would be my concern, as they have more pulling power still, but I would like to think we are ahead of many other of the clubs in the Premier League in terms of our appeal now.

I'd still keep Shinji and use him as a back-up no.10, as we know he can do a decent job there

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Totally agree. I think finding the perfect number 10 for us will be our biggest challenge this summer, but if we get it right then it could be the signing of the season. 

Personally, I think if Swansea do drop then I would be offering big money and big wages to Sigurdsson. Has proven quality as a number 10. I know he probably wouldn't offer the same workrate as Okazaki but from watching him, he certainly isn't lazy and is fit as they come, so I think playing with high energy and pressing high but also linking the midfield and attack with his decent first touch, turn and eye for a pass or ability to run at defenders, would have a huge impact on our attacking ability. 

I don't think he has been quiet good enough to catch the attention of the top 5/6 clubs and so would put us in with a good shout of getting him. Everton would be my concern, as they have more pulling power still, but I would like to think we are ahead of many other of the clubs in the Premier League in terms of our appeal now.

I'd still keep Shinji and use him as a back-up no.10, as we know he can do a decent job there

I put Sigurdsson in there as he would be my personal first choice. i just feel he will get a big move somewhere. I know he had it before at Spurs and failed to take the chance but think he will make a big move in the summer. and probably somewhere we would not expect. I have a feeling Chelsea may go for him

3 minutes ago, Staff said:

I put Sigurdsson in there as he would be my personal first choice. i just feel he will get a big move somewhere. I know he had it before at Spurs and failed to take the chance but think he will make a big move in the summer. and probably somewhere we would not expect. I have a feeling Chelsea may go for him

Maybe so. I think the way we went after Ramirez in January means the recruitment team know we need a number 10 type player. I actually wouldn't go for him now as I think we should be aiming higher, but hopefully it means they have identified that as an area they want to fill and we have a number of targets ready. 

You could be right on Sigurdsson. He came out recently and said he would like to play for one of the big clubs in the future and I don't think he would move to us if Swansea stayed up, as he would probably wait for that bigger move. I'm hoping they go down, improves our chances slightly but as you said, those are still slim and we may have to look elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Maybe so. I think the way we went after Ramirez in January means the recruitment team know we need a number 10 type player. I actually wouldn't go for him now as I think we should be aiming higher, but hopefully it means they have identified that as an area they want to fill and we have a number of targets ready. 

You could be right on Sigurdsson. He came out recently and said he would like to play for one of the big clubs in the future and I don't think he would move to us if Swansea stayed up, as he would probably wait for that bigger move. I'm hoping they go down, improves our chances slightly but as you said, those are still slim and we may have to look elsewhere.

This is it, we need a play maker who will press from the front, just dont know who that is!!

Watching ajax vs schalke, and i have to say. I like amin younes a lot, he is  German but has a lebanese descent. looks like a hazard type, plays as a LW. amazing dribbling and good passing and pace,  will be 24 in August. Would love him here. Not much end-product tho?

Centre-back

Paul Baysse from Nice

Mattia Caldara (Bergamo)

Mateo Musacchio (Villarreal)

Martin Hinteregger (Augsburg)

Attacking midfielder

Juan Mata

Max Meyer (Schalke)

Anderson Talisca (Besiktas), his free-kicks and long-range shots are insane

Lewis Holtby (Hamburger SV)

Archived