Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

Summer 2017 player incoming / outgoing

39 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yup, not saying Shawcross is the answer at all but it's not like Huth didn't have his issues.

I dunno about that, i dont think he wanted to join in the first place but as he was frozen out by hughes due to stoke wanting a ball playing CB he had little choice. The rest is history really and he looks happy as larry.

In terms of issues i cant recall any injury wise and considering his style of play his suspensions have been minimal.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Stoke sold huth because they wanted to play out from the back and huth can't do it. There wasnt really any other main reason for the decision. 

You obviously have forgotten cock or no cock.

2 hours ago, Mease said:

This can't be right !

12 million buy out clause !

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-face-losing-demarai-gray-10098990

If so I am fuming ? 

I wouldn't be entirely surprised. We got him at a steal. Perhaps his agent insisted on a buy-out clause? I think we could well lose him. I don't think he's been given a fair chance to cement a regular spot - even when his so called rivals have been underperforming. I expect him to end up a cracking player, but i fear that will be at another club. Bugger!!

Shawcross is a great shout.

Over the last couple of years he hasn't been as consistent as the past, but he must have had 3-4 different center half partners in that time.

The way we play is perfect for him, whereas Stoke still seem too keen on getting away from this 'cold night in stoke' stereotype....which they shouldn't imo.

With the access we have to different outlets today, it's very easy to list eleven totally new players which would improve the first team, but we have to be realistic and prioritize.

If I was making the decisions...

Shawcross - I think he'd be pretty rejuvenated making a change at this stage of his career, almost like a Huth Version 2. He'd become our second most experienced premier league center back aswell. I'd rather sign Keane, but realistically, i think one or two bigger sides may take a gamble on him and i wouldn't be surprised to see him at chelsea in the 3 center half system.

Trippier - For me a first choice right back is a must. Simpson has probably been one of the greatest players in our clubs history to exceed expectations....But....I am certain a more 'well rounded' full back, like a trippier, would improve us so so much. Simpson is very limited going forward, i personally believe we will benefit much more from another 'fuchs type' full back, which Trippier is closer to that.

Vieira/Billing - Two exceptional holding mids in the league below, which are very much in the Ndidi role. Although 18 and 20 respectively, Billing appears closer to the finished article and based on his performances this season, he'd probably be in our side ahead of Drinkwater. A tall midfielder, who has exceptional technique when spraying the ball about, but also has an eye for goal.

Shaqiri - I know a lot of guys on here question their 'character', but Mahrez is a very similar player to both and in my opinion, 'another mahrez type' is exactly what we need in the 'okazaki role' or as the other winger dependant upon the opponent we are facing.

Kachunga - I've watched Huddersfield a lot this year, they have some terrific players their. I'd probably argue that their squad has the most quality in that league, but Wagner isn't pragmatic enough to ensure they fulfil their potential. He can play at 9, 10 or even outwide, and you only have to watch his goals this season to see what he would bring to the side. He's probably scored 10 of his goals this season by bringing the ball down, spreading it wide and then arriving in the box at the perfect time to head home. I actually see him as an 'upgrade' on the okazaki role as he works hard, has more quality on the ball and adds goals.

.....................................Kasper

Trippier.......Shawcross.............Huth........Fuchs

......................Ndidi....................Billing

Mahrez....................................................Shaqiri

..................................Kachunga

.....................................Vardy

The side above isn't what i would necessarily label as our 'first eleven', i just added the players into what i believe would be their most common position for us.

If we want to continue our growth as a club, we need to look at young talent this summer. Players like Kachunga and Billing are young, and deserve a chance imo. 

Thinking about it, Shawcross could be a good signing. When it was first mentioned I wasn't fond of the idea because of his back injury & loss of form.

However our medical/sport science/coaching staff are superior to Stoke's. A full pre-season with our sports science team could get his career back on track. He'd be another experienced leader in the dressing room.

Shawcross + a young CB would be smart business imo.

8 hours ago, Grewks said:

Shawcross is a great shout.

Over the last couple of years he hasn't been as consistent as the past, but he must have had 3-4 different center half partners in that time.

The way we play is perfect for him, whereas Stoke still seem too keen on getting away from this 'cold night in stoke' stereotype....which they shouldn't imo.

With the access we have to different outlets today, it's very easy to list eleven totally new players which would improve the first team, but we have to be realistic and prioritize.

If I was making the decisions...

Shawcross - I think he'd be pretty rejuvenated making a change at this stage of his career, almost like a Huth Version 2. He'd become our second most experienced premier league center back aswell. I'd rather sign Keane, but realistically, i think one or two bigger sides may take a gamble on him and i wouldn't be surprised to see him at chelsea in the 3 center half system.

Trippier - For me a first choice right back is a must. Simpson has probably been one of the greatest players in our clubs history to exceed expectations....But....I am certain a more 'well rounded' full back, like a trippier, would improve us so so much. Simpson is very limited going forward, i personally believe we will benefit much more from another 'fuchs type' full back, which Trippier is closer to that.

Vieira/Billing - Two exceptional holding mids in the league below, which are very much in the Ndidi role. Although 18 and 20 respectively, Billing appears closer to the finished article and based on his performances this season, he'd probably be in our side ahead of Drinkwater. A tall midfielder, who has exceptional technique when spraying the ball about, but also has an eye for goal.

Shaqiri - I know a lot of guys on here question their 'character', but Mahrez is a very similar player to both and in my opinion, 'another mahrez type' is exactly what we need in the 'okazaki role' or as the other winger dependant upon the opponent we are facing.

Kachunga - I've watched Huddersfield a lot this year, they have some terrific players their. I'd probably argue that their squad has the most quality in that league, but Wagner isn't pragmatic enough to ensure they fulfil their potential. He can play at 9, 10 or even outwide, and you only have to watch his goals this season to see what he would bring to the side. He's probably scored 10 of his goals this season by bringing the ball down, spreading it wide and then arriving in the box at the perfect time to head home. I actually see him as an 'upgrade' on the okazaki role as he works hard, has more quality on the ball and adds goals.

.....................................Kasper

Trippier.......Shawcross.............Huth........Fuchs

......................Ndidi....................Billing

Mahrez....................................................Shaqiri

..................................Kachunga

.....................................Vardy

The side above isn't what i would necessarily label as our 'first eleven', i just added the players into what i believe would be their most common position for us.

If we want to continue our growth as a club, we need to look at young talent this summer. Players like Kachunga and Billing are young, and deserve a chance imo. 

Just been on the Huddersfield forum and they continuously slate billing. They say he's not good enough for the championship. Also, he's 6ft 6 yet never seems to win a header. Vieria on the other hand is the real deal in my opinion.

Shawcross has played 30 league games this season so far. He's only missed 3 league games. If the price is right I wouldn't mind him here. He's a leader and an experienced PL player. He's 30 years old so we could get 2-3 years of great service out of him, like we've done with Huth.

1 hour ago, foxes21 said:

Thinking about it, Shawcross could be a good signing. When it was first mentioned I wasn't fond of the idea because of his back injury & loss of form.

However our medical/sport science/coaching staff are superior to Stoke's. A full pre-season with our sports science team could get his career back on track. He'd be another experienced leader in the dressing room.

Shawcross + a young CB would be smart business imo.

Shawcross and Gibson would be great! Though if we signed two central defenders, would one of Huth, Morgan and Benalouane be moved on?

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Shawcross and Gibson would be great! Though if we signed two central defenders, would one of Huth, Morgan and Benalouane be moved on?

I presume Benny will be moved on. It's possible Huth will leave next season when his contract expires, unless he continues to perform at a high standard.

7 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Contract lengths for Morgan, huth and Benny?

Don't think we could sell Morgan if we wanted to:wes:

Personally I would not sell Wes, Huth or Benny. Wes is unfairly viewed as a weak link imo and underrated yet if you speak to pro's in the game they will tell you how good he is.

However, i think with Was leaving we will need at least one quality centre half if not two. No more AFCON eligible players though please!

Tom Lawrence just got another assist.

Watching the game & I'm actually quite shocked by his all round play.. Playing with his head up, reading the game, tracking back, aggressive pressing, making good runs on/off the ball and knows when to pass or go for it himself. Playing like a mature pro.

I don't know if this is a regular thing or he's just playing at this level because its a big game. He's looking very good though.

Amazed by how much change people want. I'd say we've been doing alright over the last few years. A young centre back is needed. An attacking midfielder of real quality if available. Other than that, I'm happy. 

12 minutes ago, sdb said:

Amazed by how much change people want. I'd say we've been doing alright over the last few years. A young centre back is needed. An attacking midfielder of real quality if available. Other than that, I'm happy. 

Very much agree with you. Real life is not Football Manager and most teams are going to stick with what they have and evolve their squads with a few signings. Our best 11 this season has 10 of the same players as last season with the one player that left being replaced. Even megabucks Man United only signed 4 players last season and some of those have been very questionable. Only Hull really went crazy with signings in the window and though it has had a noticable impact, they were bottom of the league when they did that.

Most likely we won't be in Europe next season (though I hope I am wrong on that!) so we won't need a huge squad. We all know the players who are ageing so some players will need to come in to take over or play 33-50% of the games. If we lose any marquee players (Kasper being the most likely IMO) then they will need replacing too.

The one wildcard is that I would not be surprised to see the owners sanction another record transfer fee for a single marquee signing. It could literally be in any position but think it's most likely to be a midfielder / number 10 type. Top and Vichai have said they want the team to be regularly competing for the European places and though we got in ahead of plan, maintaining it season after season is a far tougher mandate. So they will know that it's important to have a few very high quality players in the team.

Archived