Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

Summer 2017 player incoming / outgoing

3 minutes ago, toddybad said:

People talk shit about the top 6. If you can build with sensible purchases they're catchable. All prem teams can afford real quality now and pogba has proven that huge price tags don't guarantee success. 

I think we proved last season money buys feck all.

I want to see us go for some proper top quality. We've got the money to do it, so let's do it...we're not going to get anywhere chasing the likes of Robbie Brady, or players of the ilk....I want to see us flex our financial muscle and really go for it....

16 minutes ago, 49er said:

In what way have they upped their game? Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal?

I think the difference is that we lost our way during the Ranieri part of the season. Had we played the way we now are from the off, I reckon we would be within shouting distance of the top four.

Nicely put :thumbup:.

I think the key is keeping Shakespeare. He knows exactly how we like to play, where we need to strengthen & our key players are more likely to stay if he's made permanent manager. Shakespeare is the only one that can get us back up there imo.

3 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Why would he leave Tottenham and go to Leicester 

Like a side, very, very slim chance. But who knows, if mahrez, Kasper and vardy are committed and we actually bring other good players and give him a high wage, we might have a slim chance

Kasper, and Mahrez are the ones most likely to leave.

Kasper wouldn't look out of place at any club in the world I'd say. After 6 years he's earned our total respect and if he leaves best of luck to him.

Mahrez has bags of class but I think he's been a bit flaky when the chips are down this season. Part of me thinks that he would struggle at another English club but that he would excel for someone like PSG or in La Liga. As good as he is you sense that a bit of mediocre form at a club like Man City or Liverpool wouldnt sit well with their fans. A move abroad might re-energise him but if he stays I'll be happy to have him too.

Drinkwater has been a major letdown given how solid he was earlier in the season. Maybe fewer games will help next season but he has been showing signs of a player who has peaked for us. I wouldnt mind giving Mendy a chance under Shakey but it's last throw of the dice stuff for him surely. Matty James of course comes into the reckoning aswell.

Defence has recovered from the shambles it was but as much as a legend Morgan is he's going to be phased out I reckon. Benny has done ok to be fair and worth persisting with.

Badly need another striker. Slimani has been good in small doses I reckon but we need someone who can put fear into opponents. With Slim we're not sure what's happening from one minute to the next. Seemed to be only talking to Mahrez at Atletico training and doesnt seem to get with the rest. Mahrez goes he wont be hanging around. Ulloa was ok last night and has been a good player for us overall but he can be upgraded. Both us and Ulloa want a break from each other I would say. Vardy has been a revelation but we cant be sure what will happen for him. The lack of another reliable striker cost us from going further in CL. Vardy is a bit predictable for a side like Atletico.

Unfortunately the Ranieri summer signings are looking like the latterday Peter Taylor era for one reason or another. I'd hate for Musa, Mendy and Slimani to achieve Leicester notoriety and be considered fall guys in the years ahead.

I think the club is very attractive to any aspiring young footballer now. People talk about the glitz and glamour of London etc but the likes of Kasper, Albrighton, Vardy, King etc have shown a different way to succeed and should be used as an example to anyone who signs for us.

If we get it right this summer with transfers (Non international tournament year) we could still be force in the years ahead. We avoided going into Euro/World Cup crazy siginings and did it our way. That's one reason why we reached the summit last year.  It's a massive summer for us. I'd go as far to say a make or break one.

4 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

We can definitely aim to finish 7th. Like you say, the top 6 will only improve and it will be tough to catch them. But I feel we can compete with the likes of Everton, Southampton, Stoke and WBA.

We are already better than stoke and wba and at least on par with soton.

In addition what have those 4 teams done in the last 20 odd years.....feck all where as we have won 3 major competitions and got to the quarter finals of the most prestige's club competition in the world on our first attempt.

Only reason the table tells otherwise this season is because of the completely bat shit crazy meddling by Ranieri.

34 minutes ago, the fox said:

And Kane wasn't special for us, who knows? At least give him a chance

Yeah he didn't really show up on the pitch but Shakey said at the time that he was the most gifted player he had ever trained.

9 minutes ago, Riot Van said:

Yeah he didn't really show up on the pitch but Shakey said at the time that he was the most gifted player he had ever trained.

Didn't we play him on the wing too and barely gave him any minutes anyway. I thought he was handled pretty badly here 

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

Saints apparently after Sigurdsson and Pontus Janssen this summer. Both should feature heavily on our radar.

Yep.

We're as much as a pull as Saints if not more - and we pay more.

We should be looking to better Soton.

7 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Yep.

We're as much as a pull as Saints if not more - and we pay more.

We should be looking to better Soton.

Us vs Southampton is a strange one- we know they will be a steady mid-table side, but we've got the capability to go on winning runs and losing runs- there's much more potential risk and reward with us.

My knowledge of up and coming European players is very limited these days so I've been thinking about squad changes mainly based on players I know from this country that fit the sort of profile I could imagine Shakespeare being interested in.

The players I think that will be gotten rid of/leave are: Wasyl, Mendy, Mahrez, Musa and Ulloa. I'm hoping Schmeichel stays and likewise everyone else. I've kind of given up on Mahrez, not because I think he's in the position he was last summer in terms of his reputation but he's losing his way with us and I think he'll go. Such a shame as he's been the most gifted player I've ever seen in a City shirt. If he does stay then I hope he finds his magic again as he's been too ordinary.

We need at least two new defenders, one being a centre half and one being a right back to ease the burden on Simpson and potentially give us options on how we play. Simpson has been our best outfield player this season in terms of consistency and he's very good at what he does. There's no competition though and I'd like someone able to get forward. Kieran Trippier would be an absolute dream or Timothy Fosu-Mensah. Both not the easiest to recruit given their clubs will both want to keep them by neither play as much as they should.

At centre back the obvious choices are players we've already been linked with Maguire, Gibson, M'Boj. But I'd also be looking at this Janssen at Leeds, Lascelles at Newcastle and a pipe dream but Nathan Ake at Chelsea. 

Sam Clucas at Hull has impressed me every time I've seen him, he's a local lad and is strong on the ball. We're pretty well sorted in the centre at the minute but Mendy hasn't made a name for himself and I'd like to think we'll be looking at different ways of playing so Clucas would be a shrewd move.

I want Hakim Ziyech. We should have got him last summer, we were stupid. He is potentially world class and he'd be my number one priority even if Mahrez stays. He can play number 10 and has so much ability. Get him at any cost.

I don't think there's a real need to replace Musa and Ulloa. I'd like Tom Lawrence, Kapustka and Harvey Barnes to be given opportunities next season so in terms of forwards we probably need just another out and out striker to help. Tammy Abraham would be a great gamble either on loan or ideally permanent. He's big and quick so gives you the qualities we'd lose in Ulloa and dare I say it Musa who's been the pits anyway.

Im sure there's various other targets I've failed to consider but I'd be happy with this sort of transfer plan. If Zieler wants out then a young goalie with a bit of potential from the lower leagues will suffice as long as our warrior stays in Kasper.

Archived