Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

Summer 2017 player incoming / outgoing

7 minutes ago, Koke said:

Ryan Shawcross has got 1 year left on his contract. Surely we should go for him. We can give him a new lease of life lime we did with Huth. Experienced defender and a leader. Hes 29 years old.

£4-5m would be well worth it. 

I said this earlier and got laughed at ffs! Think he'd be a decent signing without huge wages either. 

Also, last night I couldn't help but notice our distinct lack of umph when it came to set pieces. While Mahrez can hit a decent one over the wall now and then, he's not bagged one. Many of our corners were distinctly average and we have such a big powerful team that it seems a shame that we don't score more. Albrighton is in the top 20 crossers in the league numbers wise, but few are of distinct quality (as we quite gracefully learned when Felipe Luis whipped one in last night). I'm not suggesting we'd be able to get anyone like Calhanoglu but surely there's a good freekick taker that our scouting team could unearth. 

3 minutes ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

I said this earlier and got laughed at ffs! Think he'd be a decent signing without huge wages either. 

Also, last night I couldn't help but notice our distinct lack of umph when it came to set pieces. While Mahrez can hit a decent one over the wall now and then, he's not bagged one. Many of our corners were distinctly average and we have such a big powerful team that it seems a shame that we don't score more. Albrighton is in the top 20 crossers in the league numbers wise, but few are of distinct quality (as we quite gracefully learned when Felipe Luis whipped one in last night). I'm not suggesting we'd be able to get anyone like Calhanoglu but surely there's a good freekick taker that our scouting team could unearth. 

Huth is our tallest player by about 4 inches, missing him was huge from long throws etc 

We should spend whatever it takes to improve our starting 11 in terms of transfers fees, obviously falling in line with no egos and the right players. But I would say we only need about 3 players that can improve our 11 without affecting the team spirit. We dont need massive wholesale changes. Im basis this on we dont lose any players. i hope. 

So spend the money on a -

Centre back 

Attacking Centre Mid/Forward player to replace the role Okazaki tries to play, Someone that can drop deeper like Griezmann does very well. (obviously hes world class but you get the role im trying to explain).

We also need a right back, not to say Simpson is bad. We just need a more naturally attacking player to compete with him. To give Simpson the boot without a fight would be unfair to be honest.

5 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Seeing that Darmstadt are highly likely to get relegated, Aytac Sulu would be worth a punt (not only because of his surname).

He's got a release clause in his contract.

With his background, seeing how he made his way up the leagues, I can see him being a real fit for our team, given our work ethos.

What a great suggestion! 4 years ago he was going to be a car salesman & I remember last year people were asking for him to be called up for Germany. Him or Shawcross, or both would be great signings. Would much rather we signed an experienced leader at CB, over an overhyped English talent.

Our team have now gone as far as they could go, and they aren't likely to return to those levels anytime soon. I don't doubt we can compete in the top half again next season, but the traditional top teams have all upped their game since our title win.

You can't blame any of the players that want a new challenge now. I don't think Ndidi will be let go though, we need to build around him and he's only been here 3 months.

If we CAN keep the team together a good #10 is essential, along with a central defender and central midfielder.

2 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Our team have now gone as far as they could go, and they aren't likely to return to those levels anytime soon. I don't doubt we can compete in the top half again next season, but the traditional top teams have all upped their game since our title win.

You can't blame any of the players that want a new challenge now. I don't think Ndidi will be let go though, we need to build around him and he's only been here 3 months.

If we CAN keep the team together a good #10 is essential, along with a central defender and central midfielder.

We can definitely aim to finish 7th. Like you say, the top 6 will only improve and it will be tough to catch them. But I feel we can compete with the likes of Everton, Southampton, Stoke and WBA.

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

We can definitely aim to finish 7th. Like you say, the top 6 will only improve and it will be tough to catch them. But I feel we can compete with the likes of Everton, Southampton, Stoke and WBA.

This is where I see us for next season and probably long-term. We have to break away from the teams below and look to always be pushing for 7th/8th, with Everton and Southampton.

I know it isn't glamorous to aim for 7th, but with the bigger teams all spending big and having the very best managers, it would be very difficult to break that top 4 again,

7th/8th regular finishes and lets try win the FA Cup! :scarf:

I think a lot of the incoming will be purely dependent on Shakespeare or whoever is in charge moving the right people out first. This is what I can see happening:

Out                                                                In

Marcin Wasilewski (release)                          Young, home grown CB - Ben Gibson, Michael Keane etc.

Molla Wagué (end of loan)                            Creative #10 attacking player

Ahmed Musa (sell)                                        Right Back

Leonardo Ulloa (sell)                                     Striker

Tom Lawrence (sell)

Obviously, Wasilewski is about done with us, sadly for Wagué his injury has stifled his time with us. A young CB will replace both players. I think we will take a hit on Musa and use the funds and wages released to bring in a very creative attacking player. A right back is a must as we are lacking there - Kieran Trippier would be a superb signing and greatly improve us. I can see Ulloa going back to Brighton, a team whom he does suit very well. Will be sad to see Ulloa go but I think he'll still want the move. Tom Lawrence will also likely want to go. 

Can see James coming back into it which means Nampalys Mendy's place at Leicester could be under threat. We could lose Mahrez which would mean another winger arriving. The player I worry we will lose most is Schmeichel - I think finding a player with equal influence in the dressing room and quality on the pitch will be tough. Don't think you'd need to look abroad for a replacement though - Joe Hart springs to mind, Jordan Pickford is very talented, Lee Grant has looked impressive.

What's with the Shawcross love in. He will want 3/4yr contract and this time next season we will have oap cb that can't run.

We have two cb's we need to replace already. We don't need to buy another that will want replacing next season.

CB, RB, CM, no.10

if we lose Slimani and Ulloa, then add a striker to that list

Definite no from me for Shawcross. Why can't we aim higher than that. Huth>Shawcross

We need a CB who can play a bit anyway as we will have Wes and Huth staying. Gibson seems to tick a lot of boxes so that's who I would go for. 

Trippier for RB for obvious reasons but he wouldn't leave a bit-part role at Spurs to do the same here, so would mean dropping Danny, who has been brilliant this year. Otherwise, we go for an adequate replacement. Kyle Naughton perhaps or try go for a young Chilwell type player who can be our long-term solution there.

A lot depends on how Drinkwater finishes the season and how high Shakey rates Mendy, but surely we should be aiming for a top CM to come in. Adrien Silva please.

No.10 is a must, especially if we continue to play this style. Okazaki has been great but how many times have I wished we had someone with real quality on the ball in his position. Sigurdsson plzzz, although Southampton have registered their interest already. 

Slimani has to be paired with Vardy for the remainder of the season, so we can make a judgement on whether they can function together. If not, sell and get two new strikers in, as Ulloa will surely leave too. We need 1 with similar attributes to cover Vardy i.e pace, work-rate and good finisher, and then a striker who can hold the ball up and be a threat from the air. Tammy Abraham on loan perhaps.

Other than that, if Mahrez and Kasper stay, then that should be enough. Zieler may go and I'm sure we can cover that pretty easily. 4-5 quality players and we could really kick on again next season!

The majority should be spent on a CB. Gibson for me from Boro and partner him with Huth/Morgan/Benny. Chilwell needs to be given a run as first choice LB and we need a young RB to push Simpson.

I believe Kasper will go and amazingly I think the likely destination could be Liverpool. So we will have to sign up a new keeper. Zieler can go and I think Hamer is more than fine as back up if prepared to fight for place or the young Danish keeper we have also.Maybe Joe Hart or break the bank for Tom Heaton from Burnley? Begovic from Chelsea?

Mahrez I believe will go, maybe to a European destination, so the role is Demari Grays for the taking. Jürgen the German may come sniffing for him but he can do one! We would need another wide option (Lawrence) and for me Albrighton should make the right side his again. We need another proven CM at prem level also.

Striker wise we need someone again proven who is going to get us 10-15 goals a season. Jermaine Defoe on a 2 year deal?

In summary:

Out - Kasper

Mahrez

Wasyl

Mendy (cut losses and move on.)

King (loan out maybe)

Ulloa

James (loan again)

Zieler

In

DC

RB (youngster)

MC

Striker

GK

2 hours ago, jim5000 said:

Watford are currently top half....yes, we can compete

I rate Bobby Wood to replace Okazaki role, as our strikers below Vardy have minimal consistency and influence, Sulu or Gibson for some new blood in defense. Also think Fuchs might leave for MLS, as his family alreaady lives in New York. If that's the case Chillwell can come in.

22 minutes ago, ClamChoudhury said:

I rate Bobby Wood to replace Okazaki role, as our strikers below Vardy have minimal consistency and influence.

I think Bobby Wood would be a good signing as an understudy to Vardy not Okazaki. He ticks a lot of boxes.. Pace, aggression, workrate & we had scouts watching him earlier in the season.

We can sign someone better than Wood for the Okazaki role imo.

On 17/04/2017 at 21:21, foxes21 said:

source?

Just what I've read and listened to. I'm not ITK. The journalists which seem to know their onions have all alluded to this happening.

(I spend a lot of time looking into it. Sad, I know!) Its obviously not as nailed on as I have made out, but I'm pretty sure it'll happen. I read somewhere that he wanted to move to us in Jan, but Anderlecht promised him that if he saw out the season, and we went back in for him in the summer, he would be allowed to join us. This was translated from French press. (I know they are Belgian, before anyone has a pop!)

56 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Anyone think Jack Wilshire is worth a shout. I do(after his broken leg mends). Wilshire, Ndidi, Drinkwater. Perfect midfield 3.Think he's on a free too.

They were discussing him on talksport earlier and I thought this too.

Arsenal won't have him back now and I suspect a stay in the Premier League would be his wish, although AC Milan are intetested. 

It would have to be a very low transfer fee and lower wages than you'd expect for a player of his quality, as he is so injury prone!

Wouldn't be my no.1 choice CM but I wouldn't be against taking a punt if fee/wages were low  

A successful window, to me, would constitute us holding onto our core players(kasper Mahrez etc) and securing long term targets such as:

Kara Mbodj

Adrian Silva

and even Gaston Ramirez 

I genuinely feel these guys are 'our level' of player too. People are dreaming if they think we could get Keane, Sigurdsson etc. As much as I would like to get them.

4 hours ago, jim5000 said:

In what way have they upped their game? Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal?

I think the difference is that we lost our way during the Ranieri part of the season. Had we played the way we now are from the off, I reckon we would be within shouting distance of the top four.

People talk shit about the top 6. If you can build with sensible purchases they're catchable. All prem teams can afford real quality now and pogba has proven that huge price tags don't guarantee success. 

1 hour ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Anyone think Jack Wilshire is worth a shout. I do(after his broken leg mends). Wilshire, Ndidi, Drinkwater. Perfect midfield 3.Think he's on a free too.

Not for me. He had a chance to rebuild his career this season and hasn't impressed at Bournemouth. Shearer slated him on Match of the Day and it was hard to argue with.

Archived