Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

Summer 2017 player incoming / outgoing

It will mainly depend upon which league we are in but irrespective of that I think this could be quite a turbulant summer and not all of it instigated by us.

I fully expect interest from other clubs in

Kasper

Ndidi

Mahrez

Chilwell

Gray

Vardy

And possibly in Drinkwater as well.  On top of those it isn't hard to see Ulloa leaving along with Zeiler and who knows if the Chinese interest in Slimani was real and if so could easily be back. Add to that the question about what to do with James and Lawrence plus add on those whose contracts will not be renewed and we could be facing bigger changes than we would like. Of course we don't have to sell if there is no buy out clause but mostly once a player decides they want to leave a club they leave.

Our problem is that our players have now shown they can compete in the Chamions League and we are unlikely to be able to offer players the genuine chance of playing in European competitions which means we're fighting it out for players along with the likes of Southampton, Stoke, West Brom and West Ham.

I think we will lose key players this summer, like Marhez and Kasper.

Understandable if a  big club comes in, the Leicester story will be done, they won the league and gave the champions league a real go, and they won't be getting back to that level with us. Man Utd will want Kasper, and clubs will be queuing up for Mahrez. They will have achieved all they can for us..

Why would we sell our best players? They are all on big contracts, we have no reason to sell. This isn't the early 2000s anymore when Alex Ferguson could sign the leagues best players each year.

Players like Kasper seem quite happy here & I think if Shakey is made permanent manager, our key players will stay.

Only player we might lose is Mahrez.

4 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Why would we sell our best players? They are all on big contracts, we have no reason to sell. This isn't the early 2000s anymore when Alex Ferguson could sign the leagues best players each year.

Players like Kasper seem quite happy here & I think if Shakey is made permanent manager, our key players will stay.

Only player we might lose is Mahrez.

Agreed. 

2 hours ago, reynard said:

It will mainly depend upon which league we are in but irrespective of that I think this could be quite a turbulant summer and not all of it instigated by us.

I fully expect interest from other clubs in

Kasper

Ndidi

Mahrez

Chilwell

Gray

Vardy

And possibly in Drinkwater as well.  On top of those it isn't hard to see Ulloa leaving along with Zeiler and who knows if the Chinese interest in Slimani was real and if so could easily be back. Add to that the question about what to do with James and Lawrence plus add on those whose contracts will not be renewed and we could be facing bigger changes than we would like. Of course we don't have to sell if there is no buy out clause but mostly once a player decides they want to leave a club they leave.

Our problem is that our players have now shown they can compete in the Chamions League and we are unlikely to be able to offer players the genuine chance of playing in European competitions which means we're fighting it out for players along with the likes of Southampton, Stoke, West Brom and West Ham.

If someone was to offer a reasonable amount for Drinkwater I'd snap their hands off. He has been awful for most of the season and we really need an upgrade.

22 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Only starting 11 player we lose for certain IMO is Mahrez. We'll miss him, but I believe we can overcome his loss. 

I agree we will lose him but he will be a massive loss - he has had 2 or 3 men marking him at times yet is still our most creative match winner. Very few teams have a player like him and I am not sure we can replace him with one player but more likely strengthen in a number of positions - wing, no.10, vardy back up, creative midfielder and right back who can attack.

as others have said a massive preseason for the recriuitment team even more so if we were to lose Kasper!!

2 hours ago, foxes21 said:

One player we definately need, is an understudy to Vardy. A younger version with the same attributes. Pace upfront is vital for our style of play and we suffer when a pacey CF isn't playing.

Tammy Abraham. 19 years-old, great pace, 6ft 4 and has 22 goals this season playing in a side who are 18th in the championship. 

1 hour ago, foxes21 said:

source?

Just what I've read and listened to. I'm not ITK. The journalists which seem to know their onions have all alluded to this happening.

(I spend a lot of time looking into it. Sad, I know!) Its obviously not as nailed on as I have made out, but I'm pretty sure it'll happen. I read somewhere that he wanted to move to us in Jan, but Anderlecht promised him that if he saw out the season, and we went back in for him in the summer, he would be allowed to join us. This was translated from French press. (I know they are Belgian, before anyone has a pop!)

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Tammy Abraham. 19 years-old, great pace, 6ft 4 and has 22 goals this season playing in a side who are 18th in the championship. 

I've heard he's not for sale, only loan. 

Might be nice to have him alongside Raul Uche, Josh Gordon, etc. 

He seems another class above those two but competition is good for all involved.

58 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Just what I've read and listened to. I'm not ITK. The journalists which seem to know their onions have all alluded to this happening.

(I spend a lot of time looking into it. Sad, I know!) Its obviously not as nailed on as I have made out, but I'm pretty sure it'll happen. I read somewhere that he wanted to move to us in Jan, but Anderlecht promised him that if he saw out the season, and we went back in for him in the summer, he would be allowed to join us. This was translated from French press. (I know they are Belgian, before anyone has a pop!)

Not convinced we'll go back in for him in the summer. If I remember right, he only got linked to us the day before the window shut, when we were desperately flinging bids around for any available CB. It also seems that since Shakey took over, all the transfer links have been to English players, instead of the African players under Ranieri. Sensible, as AFCON 2019 will already be a significant issue.

Bit of a strange one because in this team, with this style of play and with this team spirit our players have proved that they can reach incredible heights. I'm fairly convinced that they wouldn't look half as impressive in other systems - perhaps proven slightly when Ranieri changed things up. Schmeichel, Mahrez and Gray are the only ones I'd worry about losing at this moment in time though. 

Seeing that Darmstadt are highly likely to get relegated, Aytac Sulu would be worth a punt (not only because of his surname).

He's got a release clause in his contract.

With his background, seeing how he made his way up the leagues, I can see him being a real fit for our team, given our work ethos.

Oh, and while we're at it, get Gondorf, too.

CB - Gibson or someone from Europe.

RB - Iorfa from Wolves as a back up to Simpson.

Playmaker: I know we were linked with Josip Iličić from Fiorentina before, and he has done well this season.

Striker: Someone similar in the mould to Vardy; a pacey pressing forward.

Ryan Shawcross has got 1 year left on his contract. Surely we should go for him. We can give him a new lease of life lime we did with Huth. Experienced defender and a leader. Hes 29 years old.

£4-5m would be well worth it. 

Archived