Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simon789us

Summer 2017 player incoming / outgoing

Looking at some of the players people want poses a bit of a dilemma.

Not that some of one are bad players but what worked well for us in the last few years has been a 50/50 split between homegrown players and foreigners.

Bringing in too many foreigners might upset the balance. Some homegrown players are very overrated but you'd still think there is an odd British gem out there that we could nurture.

16 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Centre-back

Paul Baysse from Nice

Mattia Caldara (Bergamo)

Mateo Musacchio (Villarreal)

Martin Hinteregger (Augsburg)

Attacking midfielder

Juan Mata

Max Meyer (Schalke)

Anderson Talisca (Besiktas), his free-kicks and long-range shots are insane

Lewis Holtby (Hamburger SV)

I don't know about max, watching schalke this season and I fined him very frustrating, he has the ability, just doesn't know how how to use it, Franky, for me its a pass, lewis didn't do very well at spurs (from what I heard from their fans) but if he is under £15m then I would take him, Juan doesn't suit our play style but I would definitely want a good CAM. Talisca I like, former benfica player, I like him and I would love him here.

In

Keane

Trippier

Adrien Silva

Luan

Bacca

Sigurdsson

Out

Zieler

Wasyl

Wague - returns from loan

King - pains me to say but not good enough if we want to progress

Kaputska - Loan

Ulloa

Slimani

James

So a starting XI would look something like this...

Kasper

Trippier

Keane

Morgan

Fuchs

Mahrez

Ndidi

Silva/DD

Albrighton/Sigurdsson

Vardy

Bacca

subs

GK - Hamer?

Huth

Chilly

DD/Silva

Amartey

Gray

Okazaki/Albrighton/Sugurdsson

10 minutes ago, eddylcfc said:

In

Keane

Trippier

Adrien Silva

Luan

Bacca

Sigurdsson

Out

Zieler

Wasyl

Kaputska - Loan

Ulloa

Slimani

James

Kasper

Trippier

Keane

Morgan

Fuchs

Mahrez

Ndidi

Silva/DD

Albrighton/Sigurdsson

Vardy

Bacca

subs

GK - Hamer?

Huth

Chilly

DD/Silva

Amartey

Gray

Did you decide to just vaporise Musa, then? :)

2 hours ago, eddylcfc said:

In

Keane

Trippier

Adrien Silva

Luan

Bacca

Sigurdsson

Out

Zieler

Wasyl

Kaputska - Loan

Ulloa

Slimani

James

Kasper

Trippier

Keane

Morgan

Fuchs

Mahrez

Ndidi

Silva/DD

Albrighton/Sigurdsson

Vardy

Bacca

subs

GK - Hamer?

Huth

Chilly

DD/Silva

Amartey

Gray

Don't think Morgan is good enough to be starting for us next season, two CBs needed. & Gylfi on the wing? His best postion is behind the striker. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4414346/Stoke-captain-Ryan-Shawcross-eyeing-summer-transfer.html

Stoke captain Ryan Shawcross eyeing summer transfer amid interest from Newcastle, Brighton and Leicester

• Stoke captain Ryan Shawcross is considering a move elsewhere this summer
  • Newcastle, Brighton and Leicester are all interested in signing the defender
  • He has one year left on his contract, with Stoke keen to offer him a new deal

Ryan Shawcross is leaning towards a departure from Stoke City this summer despite the club wanting to offer him a new contract.

Newcastle United are leading the chase for the 29-year-old centre-back who has just one year left on his current deal while Brighton and Leicester City have also shown interest.

Shawcross has been a mainstay of Stoke's defence since he joined from Manchester United just over nine years ago yet the club has allowed his contract to run down. 

anager Mark Hughes has asked the club to offer new terms to Shawcross, saying: 'We’re looking to sit down and re-contract him, along with others. That would make sense for everybody. Talk of a move is pure speculation.'

Yet the one-time England international, who has made more than 370 appearances for Stoke, is understood to be weighing up a new challenge. 

Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez is very keen to take him this summer while Brighton, Leicester City and Watford are also showing an interest.

Shawcross has an ongoing back problem - interfered with his season last year so expect that's why stoke didn't try and sort his contract out then. He has been ok this season but to me, he appears to be playing within himself. He doesn't seem to be the player he was a couple seasons back 

Shawcross will go to Newcastle

Keane will go to one of the bigger clubs....... City, Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool

If Benny can get some consistency we may need to reassess

But with Huth and Morgan getting older it's obvious we need cover at the very least

Can't see Mendy, Slimani, Ulloa, Wague, Zeiler and  Was sticking around......... Even Gray might want out

When Newcastle get promoted expect interest in Vardy to rear it's head and Rihad's value has dropped on the back of this year's performances

But I do hope Musa does it would be good to see if he can do it with all the turmoil behind him.

As for In's................. It's probably down to the new guy or Shakespeare......... if he get's the job.

48 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

But with Huth and Morgan getting older it's obvious we need cover at the very least

Can't see Mendy, Slimani, Ulloa, Wague, Zeiler and  Was sticking around......... Even Gray might want out

When Newcastle get promoted expect interest in Vardy to rear it's head and Rihad's value has dropped on the back of this year's performances

But I do hope Musa does it would be good to see if he can do it with all the turmoil behind him.

As for In's................. It's probably down to the new guy or Shakespeare......... if he get's the job.

If Newcastle get promoted, what's that got to do with Vardy? 

1 hour ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

If Newcastle get promoted, what's that got to do with Vardy? 

Actually I said "when" ........Rumours a couple of weeks ago said Newcastle were interested

Dwight Gale won't cut in the Premiership they will be looking for a replacement with Premiership experience

It's all hypothetical of course just like the rest of the thread..........:thumbup:

Just now, Chico1958 said:

Actually I said "when" ........Rumours a couple of weeks ago said Newcastle were interested

Dwight Gale won't cut in the Premiership they will be looking for a replacement with Premiership experience

It's all hypothetical of course just like the rest of the thread..........:thumbup:

Vardy turned down Arsenal in the summer. What's so special about Newcastle for him to relocate his family up north. Also, Newcastle would never pay him £100k p/w. 

Can't really see why the club can't go for boudebouz, only 27, has experience and he is always in the top playmakers list in Europe, dangerous on set-pieces and a very skilled player, plays as a CAM and can fill in for the RW role. And his stats are incredible (11 goals and 8 assists) and can't see him going for more than £15m. Averaging 3.5 key passes a game, I will take that.

Here are some of his statshttps://www.whoscored.com/Players/67958/Show/Ryad-Boudebouz

_20170416_130250.JPG

We'll sell Mahrez for 40 million replace him with Gray. Ulloa and Schmeical will leave and we will sign no outfield players.

There will be over a 1000 pages of transfer talk in FT 200 of which will be ITK based commentary and criticism.

2 of our U23 squad will get 1st team contracts and we'll buy a keeper nobody has ever heard of who's tall and 19 and from Hollands second tier.

If we set the above as a benchmark then anything else is surely a bonus, right?

3 hours ago, Chico1958 said:

Total tripe

Shawcross is finished hence stoke not fussing over a new deal

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

We'll sell Mahrez for 40 million replace him with Gray. Ulloa and Schmeical will leave and we will sign no outfield players.

There will be over a 1000 pages of transfer talk in FT 200 of which will be ITK based commentary and criticism.

2 of our U23 squad will get 1st team contracts and we'll buy a keeper nobody has ever heard of who's tall and 19 and from Hollands second tier.

What about an ambitious bid for xxxxx from Portugal/ Belgium/ Italy despite his club saying he's not for sale ? Start the bidding at half his value and increase in £10k increments before abandoning 

I think our biggest challenge in the summer transfer window will be to still have Schmeichel for the following season. He would be a massive loss. Keepers of his quality will not easily be persuaded to come to Leicester. 

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Tom Lees would be a signing I would go for, and reckon he can make the step up from the Championship.

There are definitely plenty of players in the lower leagues that can make the step up like Keane/Gibson. Hopefully its a market we don't overlook in the summer.

3 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I'd be amazed if we exceed 20-25 mil for Riyad now. This season has hugely undone his market value. He has totally failed to adapt to the tactics being used against him. That will worry potential suitors.

Archived