Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE FVCKING BUY-OUT CLAUSES!!!!!

Just now, Webbo said:

So it's okay when we sign a player for a third of their value because of a release clause but not if we're forced to sell them for less than what we've arbitrarily decided is his market value?

I thought we were the only club stupid enough to allow release clauses? 

We were top of the league when we put in the Vardy and Gray release clauses. Birmingham were mid-table in the Championship. Surely you must be able to see that we had a different negotiating base compared to them.

And I've said before I've no problem with the Kante clause, made perfect sense. This (if true) and the Vardy one didn't. 

The club was so concerned over the circumstances in which the Vardy one arose they hired somebody to stop it happening again. Read into that what you will.

1 hour ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

We have to remember that the value of the release clause cant be unrealistic.  When we signed Gray, he was an unproven championship player with about a season of being fairly consistent.

Of course not, but it is unrealistic - £12m for a Premier League player at the moment is unrealistically low. If it were a number in the £20-25m range, nobody would be fussed. The point is to give the player options if they feel like they've outgrown the club, not just to allow them to instantly leave whenever.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

They don't, neither do most teams.

It's bad if they are worth far more than that.

How do you know the player won't sign? Nobody does in reality, but as I keep saying they are quite rare in this league. Are we just unlucky that we seemingly keep having players who want them... or are we just a soft touch? This is the best paying league in the world and one of the biggest shop windows for players, the carrot is there already for players.

Is it possible that other teams sign players with release clauses and nobody wants to sign them off them? We've signed players and increased their value. does the DoF deserve a pat on the back for that?

Trouble is now we're starting to get well known for these clauses within the football industry one would think. So any player we go in for now might just think 'oh if I have a decent season I could be off to a bigger club it I put in a release clause'.

strange how you rarely hear of it in general in the PL but with us it's every bloody player

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

We were top of the league when we put in the Vardy and Gray release clauses. Birmingham were mid-table in the Championship. Surely you must be able to see that we had a different negotiating base compared to them.

And I've said before I've no problem with the Kante clause, made perfect sense. This (if true) and the Vardy one didn't. 

The club was so concerned over the circumstances in which the Vardy one arose they hired somebody to stop it happening again. Read into that what you will.

Look into the thread where it was thought Vardy might leave. Everyone said pay whatever it takes, show some ambition, what would have happened if the club had told Vardy to eff off? It would have all been Rudkins fault.Whatever he does he's in the wrong. It's all just ridiculous scapegoating.

I don't see how Gray is worth significantly more than 12m. If he was foreign his performances would be worth around that in today's market. The English player premium is stupid, but he's by no means a 20m player for instance. Let him leave for 12m if he thinks he can get a better deal elsewhere in terms of wages (I think he's on 20k here) and first team football. He's got too much of an ego and doesn't fit in well to our team spirit ethos.

Just now, Webbo said:

Look into the thread where it was thought Vardy might leave. Everyone said pay whatever it takes, show some ambition, what would have happened if the club had told Vardy to eff off? It would have all been Rudkins fault.Whatever he does he's in the wrong. It's all just ridiculous scapegoating.

The release clause was put in in January, not June. This is exactly why it looked like Vardy might be leaving in the first place, because we put a release clause into an inflated contract even though the existing one had 2 and a half years to run

4 minutes ago, ttfn said:

The release clause was put in in January, not June. This is exactly why it looked like Vardy might be leaving in the first place, because we put a release clause into an inflated contract even though the existing one had 2 and a half years to run

Yeah that really was the most backward move ever.

Unbelievable terms of stupidity in that deal and being special.

The agent/player didn't ever have to try, the club, 'we', Rudkin (His team) played straight into their hands.

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

So you'd have risked missing out on the title as a matter of principle?

11 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Is it possible that other teams sign players with release clauses and nobody wants to sign them off them? We've signed players and increased their value. does the DoF deserve a pat on the back for that?

Of course it's possible, but we aren't the only team buying players and having them improve. Yet we're seemingly the only one who gets themselves up shit with release clauses on a regular basis. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Of course it's possible, but we aren't the only team buying players and having them improve. Yet we're seemingly the only one who gets themselves up shit with release clauses on a regular basis. 

Does Rudkin deserve praise for increasing their value?

Just now, Webbo said:

Does Rudkin deserve praise for increasing their value?

He's not the scout so of course not, whoever spotted untapped talent should.

We will never know whether they really needed to be there or not. But, going off what we do know of other clubs, it's not as regular an occurrence as it is here.

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

What other teams have players that have improved as much as Vardy and Kante then? I can't think of any

I'm guessing people who say Grays value is less than £20m is probably the same ones who thought we got a good deal for the amount we received with Kante. 

Is he 20/21 years? Been playing pro for 3 years at a decent standard? Premier league for over a year, England under 21 and came through the age groups, champions league experience, clear to see he has potential and **** it... he is English too so throw the premium on. 

I'd say he is currently worth about £20-25m currently. But I'm guessing that's asking for too much as we only got the lad for £3m so we should accept a little bit more to consider it as good business. 

4 minutes ago, matty98 said:

What other teams have players that have improved as much as Vardy and Kante then? I can't think of any

Maybe not as much but in Prem I'd probably go with Southampton and maybe United? Only using United for Rashford and Lingaard? 

9 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Who said he was rubbish? 

Name me one game from this season where he has looked anywhere near as good as last season?

One season wonder though? Most of em were shadows of last season, and I think we can see now that the quality is still there.

I should have posted the above rather than assuming you think he's rubbish tho, my apologies.

15 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

We are Leicester City and players who come here aren't going to come here if they think they could get trapped here. Without the release clauses, many of the players we currently have wouldn't even be here.

Hence release clauses.

Cheers John

Leicester is a club where we sihn players to play for us (.... yes... iknow this may fail and some players font pass muster )... so anyone signing for us sees it as an opportunity to join the prem.  Imo we shod resist trigger clauses. ... these just allow other clubs to buy our better players on the cheap and lets the player pocket a golden hello.  There is no advantage for us.  Unless the stiusyion is competative AND the release is beyond our wildest dreams we should refuse.... thede clause just repesent a loss of profit and break up our team.

Don't see why he would want to leave still very young and needs to develop which he is doing here. Also if Riyad leaves he'll go straight in to a starting roll. I don't care what anyone says he struggles to play 90 mins at the moment so best not start and say he wants to leave for a bigger club.

12 minutes ago, the fox said:

arsenal are in for kasper:dry:

Looking into it yesterday, and reading about the situations at his previous clubs, Kasper (and his agent) tends to drive a hard bargain on contract negotiations but he believes in fully honouring his full contract once it's signed. First team playing time is what matters to him, not the club's stature or money. He's spent 2/3rds of his career here and is clearly genuinely passionate about this team and the club.

I'm convinced he ain't going anywhere. (and I'll lump on money on that in the summer when the speculation intensifies and the odds are better)

Archived