Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE FVCKING BUY-OUT CLAUSES!!!!!

6 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

If we can't convince some kid playing at Birmingham City to come here without a release clause then we're doing something wrong.

When we were at the top of the league aswell if I recall!

clearly a tactic employed by the club at the time to keep salary packages a bit lower by including an attractive buyout clause. That guarantees their client a whopping s/o fee when they leave. 

If we we want to keep these guys we have to pay market rate. Spurs won't pay him any more than us. TBH, I never felt he looked like he really gells with the group so wouldn't be surprised if he chases the wonga short term and sits around on someone else's bench. His market value is 18m and he goes for 12m. Ergo, a 6m s/o fee for him. 

7 hours ago, worthosoriginals said:

Looks as though  both players may clear off...at least, it might just put an end to the threads  here complaining about each player. Players not good enough/or dont make enough effort here at lcfc, according to some on foxes talk, , but good enough for Barcelona and liverpool.

If we lose Mahrez and Gray we've always got Musa!!!.... 

1 hour ago, Leicester_Numan said:

These release clauses are really annoying but we're being unfair to Rudkin here. Do people really think he puts them into contracts because he wants to? It's sometimes the only way a player will sign for us and they don't want to sit on the bench on a long term contract if things don't go their way.  

The most annoying part is the paltry amounts these clauses are set for but again that's more down to the player's agent than Rudkin. When the contract is signed, a players value isn't generally as high as when there is interest from other clubs and the agent doesn't want a player trapped by an over-valuation by the club so they're often a lot lower than the players current value.

As I say, they're extremely annoying when you lose a player like Kante for a lot less than his value became or you have a Vardy to Arsenal saga but who foresaw us becoming champions and the players values becoming what they did but it's hardly Rudkin's fault.

If we're going to lay any blame at his door, it's when he fails to sign players by not offering enough or yes, putting in a release clause.

Yes I agree with your notion. But some sort of negotiations need to happen so there is at least a decent value to the clause. If this article is true, 12 mill for Grey is radiculously low. We should be negotiating higher than that. If I was the owners I would ensure we have a hefty sell on % if he does leave for 12 mill. 

In January he was outright offered by his agent to a fellow premier league club and they were told the release clause and his required terms. They passed on the deal. I doubt if lcfc consented but must be aware since apparently it was hardy done quietly!

This was a London club who aren't far above us in the table so it's not even a case of wanting to play for a top club. 

4 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Ok so other players at other clubs will have buy outs too presumably (unless Rudkin really has been useless in this) - if that is how the market works these days why can't we go this route?

Because other clubs put sensible buy out clauses on their players 

You can say that the player and agent put pressure on all you like... but at the end of the day, if you're putting low release clauses in, there's only going to be one outcome if the player lives up to his potential. Sounds like we've shot ourselves in the foot again.

One question from me really - does he fit into our group, as a player? If not, sell him. Not getting a good impression of the man, and if he isn't going to be a team player, we're best rid of him, and get players in who contribute to the whole. That's how the title was won, and it offers the best route to consistent improvement.

The buyout clauses seem low because they were but into place before last summer's spending bonanza inflated everyone's prices. We got Gray, an young English player with loads of promise, for 3 million. N'didi, not even English, and playing in freaking Belgium? 18. 

They put a 20 million clause in Vardy's new contract signed in the spring of 16, FFS, because it seemed high. And if anyone, even in the spring of last year, said over 30 million for Kante was going to be bad business, they would have been laughed out of town.

The summer of 16 threw a wrench in the market.

(Now, I am not defending Rudkin, who left some amazing players at the table to save pocket change, yet went crazy to try and arrange a "blockbuster deadline day" Sporting double.)

Didn't we sign him by activating a clause in his Birmingham contract? if we didn't, then I'm sure there will be a sell on clause too. This approach to deals does hark back to my post in the scouting thread re the far eastern way of dealing with personnel. If you want a good player to sign for you and you don't want a low release clause then you have to pay a high wage or a chunky s/o fee. Weighing all things up, perhaps the owners feel a 400%+ return on their investment is good business so are happy to accept the b/o clause in conjunction with a salary package that isn't so big, 

agents earn their dosh by generating deals or at the very least, skimming their percentage off the top of a big salary. When the agent payment tables come out, we are generally well down the list. No doubt that reflects that we drive a hard bargain and don't like to make payments we consider unnecessary. You can't have it both ways. 

I don't care really.................. Any player who wants out is not committed to the club

If they go and we get a good price all well and good but if they stay and cause unrest I'd prefer them gone.

Who needs sulky players in their dressing room .............. ask Arsenal or last seasons Chelsea

17 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

12m!? Can you imagine lmao

Do you follow him on social media? Every time he posts, you can see the price drop another 100k. I'd like to get top dollar for him, but there's a reason he's not playing. I thought perhaps Ranieri was overreacting to his immaturity, but Musa(!) coming in instead of him during West Ham tells me he is trouble.

9 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

We are Leicester City and players who come here aren't going to come here if they think they could get trapped here. Without the release clauses, many of the players we currently have wouldn't even be here.

Hence release clauses.

There are plenty of teams of our size who manage to sign players without release clauses seemingly. These aren't names, these are virtual unknowns and a kid from Birmingham.

£12m If this is Rudkins idea of a joke to put such a low transfer clause in Well this is a joke,Gray is worth more than £12m and he is getting better every game he plays although he did have a bit of a mare in Germany for the u21's !

Although Gray is only 20 you can see this lad is going to be real quality the only criticism for the lad is he needs to look up more often see who's around in a better scoring position,rather than go for the Hollywood goal!

Archived