Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE FVCKING BUY-OUT CLAUSES!!!!!

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

Schmeichel should stay.

In the form of his career/life and a move could affect his confidence should he be seen as a very decent second-choice elsewhere after.

he will be a first choice in one of the arsenal, man city and liverpool teams

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

He's not the scout so of course not, whoever spotted untapped talent should.

We will never know whether they really needed to be there or not. But, going off what we do know of other clubs, it's not as regular an occurrence as it is here.

Hang on, I'm sure I've read on hear that signing Musa was Rudkin's fault?

I understand release clauses for us attracting big-potential players, but why are so they so low..

we bought kante for £5.6mil and sold him for £32mill which isn't a bad profit 

But we bought Gray for £3.7 million, why put a release clause in his, we bought him when we were well top in new year, whoever haggled that has either played a blinder or another mistake by us

He's hardly starting regular for us, if he was and ripping it up the club would have entered contract negations.

He would have benefited from another year in the championship, he need game time, the only why he's decision making and end product is by playing week in week out.

I can't see him playing much for the rest of the season with the improved form of Albrighton and Mahrez!

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I understand release clauses for us attracting big-potential players, but why are so they so low..

But we bought Gray for £3.7 million, why put a release clause in his, we bought him when we were well top in new year, whoever haggled that has either played a blinder or another mistake by us

Maybe he wouldn't sign without one?

Im all for sitting a player who fusses to get out especially if teams are trying to rob us. I will let you rot in the reserves dont care. Players are assets for us and we cant be ribbed blind by so called bigger clubs.not that he will fuss.

If i expect 30 mill then i wont sel for 15 or 20 or 25. Sorry, its 30 mill. If they player wants to leave for 25 and put his own 5 mill in the meet the valuation thats up to them.

Release  clauses should be banned anyways

30 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He's hardly starting regular for us, if he was and ripping it up the club would have entered contract negations.

He would have benefited from another year in the championship, he need game time, the only why he's decision making and end product is by playing week in week out.

I can't see him playing much for the rest of the season with the improved form of Albrighton and Mahrez!

Maybe he wouldn't sign without one?

Maybe not, but if so, £15 million is disgraceful 

10 hours ago, uragomper said:

If true? Is anyone really surprised with little game time this season.

On the other hand the kid has been gifted a premier league winners medal for a handful of appearances.  He's only 20 or so, he should bide his time.  He owes us.

Seems to me that he's behaved like a sulky child since the moment he got here judging by his own twitter etc.  I have no time for players like that however gifted they might be,

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Maybe not, but if so, £15 million is disgraceful 

I'm not so sure Nathan Redmond move to Southampton in the summer for 10 million, with 35 PL appearances and 5 goals and a couple of assist , he's a young player 23, had more impact compared to Gray. Its seems a fair price.

57 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

You need to put it into context:

Kanté's deal so far was exceptional (in terms of ROI).

Gray was signed in January and it's a sellers' market, we were always to pay a lot of money at that point of the year (especially for an up-and-coming English talent such as Demarai). A release clause isn't so uncommon, I bet it's done in 99% of all footballers' contracts

As for the fee, the amount seems reasonable. He does have potential, but not had the run-out or impact of a player such as Kanté.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm not so sure Nathan Redmond move to Southampton in the summer for 10 million, with 35 PL appearances and 5 goals and a couple of assist , he's a young player 23, had more impact compared to Gray. Its seems a fair price.

Norwich got relegated, so the price was always going to lower.

Just now, AmarteyAndChill said:

Norwich got relegated, so the price was always going to lower.

True, but he ways preforming well and a key part of the side and have a decent season. Gray has shown flashes but still need to find end product, were as Redmond does have a end product, one of the reasons he has broken into the England squad. If Gray was scoring goals and get assists, he would be worth more.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

True, but he ways preforming well and a key part of the side and have a decent season. Gray has shown flashes but still need to find end product, were as Redmond does have a end product, one of the reasons he has broken into the England squad. If Gray was scoring goals and get assists, he would be worth more.

But if norwich hadn't been relegated I doubt the price would have been £10m. Closer to £20m. I agree Redmond is further down his development than gray though. 

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

But if norwich hadn't been relegated I doubt the price would have been £10m. Closer to £20m. I agree Redmond is further down his development than gray though. 

That's why I think Gray buy out is about right.

52 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It's an odd one really....but when all is said and done in a world where jeffrey fetches us 11 it seems very low. 

Jeff has 70 PL apps, 13 full  International  apps, and like most people, clubs see the pace and strength and think they can get a tune out of him.

I would be surprised if Jeff does well somewhere! 

7 hours ago, Matt said:

And likewise how do you know it's not his fault?

I know that's your point, no-one knows anything, but there is more evidence/likelyhood is he isn't doing his job very well or certainly his team isn't, but he is the head, the face of that team.

Seems to be doing ok to me when his team just won the league and are now in the Q-finals of the champions league..... or are you saying he's had no input into all

of that? 

5 hours ago, act smiley said:

Of course not, but it is unrealistic - £12m for a Premier League player at the moment is unrealistically low. If it were a number in the £20-25m range, nobody would be fussed. The point is to give the player options if they feel like they've outgrown the club, not just to allow them to instantly leave whenever.

£12m is about standard for a Premier League player.  We're talking about Demarai Gray.  He's got quite a bit about him that's good but he's also got a lot about him that's Schlupp.

Given that Ademola Lookman cost Everton £11m (a League 1 player who'd never kicked a ball in the Premier League), Gray surely would be valued considerably more than what this supposed release clause values him at based on the fact that he was part of a Premier League winning team, has game time in the top flight, has experienced playing in the Champions League, and has more international experience in the England youth setup. If the club end up selling for £12m because of this rumoured clause I'll be very disappointed in how the club have handled the situation. 

11 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

Given that Ademola Lookman cost Everton £11m (a League 1 player who'd never kicked a ball in the Premier League), Gray surely would be valued considerably more than what this supposed release clause values him at based on the fact that he was part of a Premier League winning team, has game time in the top flight, has experienced playing in the Champions League, and has more international experience in the England youth setup. If the club end up selling for £12m because of this rumoured clause I'll be very disappointed in how the club have handled the situation. 

Picking and choosing individual transfers to compare fees with doesn't really work. Most transfer fees will be either too high or too low compared to the mystical 'market value', but you won't know which it is until the player has joined to see whether they are any good or not. Pogba cost 90m, surely Ndidi would currently be valued at least 60m based on that? I personally think 12m for Schlupp and 12m for Gray is about right for my idea of 'market value', and Everton overpaid for Lookman/Bolasie, but our opinion doesn't matter, a player's market value is simply what clubs are willing to pay for them. And I'm not convinced there'll be too many clubs willing to pay 12m for Gray.

18 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

I just can't believe the club are dumb enough to sign one of England's top exciting youngsters and insert such a low release clause. It would make no sense at all. He will definitely be snapped up for 12 million if that is the case, as that is nothing for a young, english talent, who has been touted as a future senior england player. 

Any ITK's who can confirm this release clause exists? In my slightly biased opinion, as I really rate him, he is worth 20 million already and I'm excited to see him get a run of starts next season. 

Archived