Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE FVCKING BUY-OUT CLAUSES!!!!!

He has shown flashes of potential and on his day looks good for his age BUT I think he must read on here as the love in for him earlier in the season was ridiculous, people were screaming for him to play and personally watching him he makes my blood boil, if he wanted it this season he could of been first name on the bloody team sheet, but he is so lazy and not a team player people moan about mahrez not tracking back you should watch Grey Christ he is lazy! 

Yeah he needs to learn to pass more but that goal against Derby was orgasmic.

He'll be a great player in a few years time.

I'm not sure wing is his best position though, up front or in a 3 behind a lone front man for me.

The way that article is written, it's an agent trying to get his client a pay rise. He knows his stock is not high enough to demand a starting spot somewhere else. 

After last year, yes offer him an increase but do let him or any other player hold this club to ransom. We lost three quarters of season due to us paying players £1000s over their worth. 

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

In January he was outright offered by his agent to a fellow premier league club and they were told the release clause and his required terms. They passed on the deal. I doubt if lcfc consented but must be aware since apparently it was hardy done quietly!

This was a London club who aren't far above us in the table so it's not even a case of wanting to play for a top club. 

West Ham?

Weird of WBA didn't have a clause in Berahino"s contract. Likewise with Lukaku at Everton, and others. But we do.

8 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

If we can't convince some kid playing at Birmingham City to come here without a release clause then we're doing something wrong.

When we signed Gray it looked like we were headed to join Birmingham. He just wanted to put himself in the Premiership market and given the circumstances, we probably didn't want to give him a relegation release clause, so this allowed us to make a very reasonable profit should someone come knocking.

36 minutes ago, Babylon said:

There are plenty of teams of our size who manage to sign players without release clauses seemingly. These aren't names, these are virtual unknowns and a kid from Birmingham.

For all we know, many of these players of other teams you're referring to may have release clauses, but no one wants to buy their crap.

23 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

When we signed Gray it looked like we were headed to join Birmingham. He just wanted to put himself in the Premiership market and given the circumstances, we probably didn't want to give him a relegation release clause, so this allowed us to make a very reasonable profit should someone come knocking.

For all we know, many of these players of other teams you're referring to may have release clauses, but no one wants to buy their crap.

Jan 2016 ??

i second your last para

25 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

When we signed Gray it looked like we were headed to join Birmingham.

No it didn't? He signed last January, when we were already safe from relegation and looking good for a place in Europe.

Release clauses are there for the players benefit not the club and remember we were not the only club in for him at the time so a clause was probably insisted on.

Ths amount of the release clause surely always reflects the players value at the time and for a club to negotiate the release fee to be 3  or 4 times the value of the player at the time seems like good negotiating by the club to me. 

You can't sign a player for 4m and put in a clause for 50m it would have no benefit to the player whatsoever and it would be unrealistic to expect us to do that. 

Hard fact is with so much money flying around in the top leagues the players hold all the cards so a release clause has become pretty standard. 

Everyone is very quick to blame Rudkin maybe he's doing a better job than people here actually realise just saying. 

17 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Release clauses are there for the players benefit not the club and remember we were not the only club in for him at the time so a clause was probably insisted on.

Ths amount of the release clause surely always reflects the players value at the time and for a club to negotiate the release fee to be 3  or 4 times the value of the player at the time seems like good negotiating by the club to me. 

You can't sign a player for 4m and put in a clause for 50m it would have no benefit to the player whatsoever and it would be unrealistic to expect us to do that. 

Hard fact is with so much money flying around in the top leagues the players hold all the cards so a release clause has become pretty standard. 

Everyone is very quick to blame Rudkin maybe he's doing a better job than people here actually realise just saying. 

How about no release clause at all

He doesn't have a release clause of £12m. There are a number of "get outs" but nothing which is a flat fee. For example, he can leave for a champions league club. 

This is all agent talk. 

So if Rudkin refuses a release clause and we don't sign a player he's useless cvnt for not signing them. If we agree to a release clause and sign the player he's a useless cvnt? What exactly do people want(that reasonably achievable)?

14 minutes ago, Webbo said:

So if Rudkin refuses a release clause and we don't sign a player he's useless cvnt for not signing them. If we agree to a release clause and sign the player he's a useless cvnt? What exactly do people want(that reasonably achievable)?

Other clubs seem to manage it.

They don't seem to do it as disatrously as us put it that way.

I said it in a thread the other day the fact we can't get what Pogba is worth for Kante and Mahrez combined is criminal. Ok Kante's release clause was only seen as ridiculously low in hindsight because even ourselves at the time didn't realise what a player he was going to turn out to be but Mahrez, he's been here for years, we know what he's about, he's worth more than £35 - £40m in the current market, I know you're going to come back with if he didn't sign because of a release clause what would you prefer but its called negotiations, may have had to pay him abit more but so be it, as i've said other clubs don't seem to make a meal of things like we seem to.

The fact we've lost important crucial backrooms staff meaning we might struggle to replace such players is more alarming than losing the players themselves.

15 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Are they definitely the only two options we're allowed when making a deal?

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Are they definitely the only two options we're allowed when making a deal?

I'm just asking the experts on here who know enough about the contract negotiations to know it's all Rudkin's fault?

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

Other clubs seem to manage it.

They don't seem to do it as disatrously as us put it that way.

I said it in a thread the other day the fact we can't get what Pogba is worth for Kante and Mahrez combined is criminal. Ok Kante's release clause was only seen as ridiculously low in hindsight because even ourselves at the time didn't realise what a player he was going to turn out to be but Mahrez, he's been here for years, we know what he's about, he's worth more than £35 - £40m in the current market, I know you're going to come back with if he didn't sign because of a release clause what would you prefer but its called negotiations, may have had to pay him abit more but so be it, as i've said other clubs don't seem to make a meal of things like we seem to.

The fact we've lost important crucial backrooms staff meaning we might struggle to replace such players is more alarming than losing the players themselves.

Which other clubs? The you follow the ins and outs of every transfer Southampton conduct or West Ham for instance?

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I'm just asking the experts on here who know enough about the contract negotiations to know it's all Rudkin's fault?

And likewise how do you know it's not his fault?

I know that's your point, no-one knows anything, but there is more evidence/likelyhood is he isn't doing his job very well or certainly his team isn't, but he is the head, the face of that team.

Archived