Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE FVCKING BUY-OUT CLAUSES!!!!!

27 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

Given that Ademola Lookman cost Everton £11m (a League 1 player who'd never kicked a ball in the Premier League), Gray surely would be valued considerably more than what this supposed release clause values him at based on the fact that he was part of a Premier League winning team, has game time in the top flight, has experienced playing in the Champions League, and has more international experience in the England youth setup. If the club end up selling for £12m because of this rumoured clause I'll be very disappointed in how the club have handled the situation. 

Any release clause has to be relative to the fee paid for a player or there would simply be no point on the Player insisting on it in the first place.

A player we brought for 3-4 million cant have a release clause of 20-30 or 40m!  What part of this  do you not understand?

To negotiate the release fee to be 3 or 4 times the fee we paid was good business on our part. 

How people don't understand simple maths is baffling 

13 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Any release clause has to be relative to the fee paid for a player or there would simply be no point on the Player insisting on it in the first place.

A player we brought for 3-4 million cant have a release clause of 20-30 or 40m!  What part of this  do you not understand?

To negotiate the release fee to be 3 or 4 times the fee we paid was good business on our part. 

Kante bought for 5.6 million. Release clause 30 million :ph34r:

I just hate release clauses in general. A stupid agent invented thing I'm sure. I still don't believe we would have inserted such a low one for Gray. He came with a lot of hype and 12 million in today's market is cheap! Usually release clauses are set much higher, than the player is actually worth too. 

I still refuse to believe this is true! I also think if Mahrez does go, then he would be stupid to move to a "bigger" club. He could be starting every game for us next season!

14 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

The buyout clauses seem low because they were but into place before last summer's spending bonanza inflated everyone's prices. We got Gray, an young English player with loads of promise, for 3 million. N'didi, not even English, and playing in freaking Belgium? 18. 

They put a 20 million clause in Vardy's new contract signed in the spring of 16, FFS, because it seemed high. And if anyone, even in the spring of last year, said over 30 million for Kante was going to be bad business, they would have been laughed out of town.

The summer of 16 threw a wrench in the market.

(Now, I am not defending Rudkin, who left some amazing players at the table to save pocket change, yet went crazy to try and arrange a "blockbuster deadline day" Sporting double.)

Loads of people could've seen this coming with the new TV deal. If we were operating without taking into account the fact the next window we were likely to sell any of these players in would've been when the deal kicked in then more fool us.

Release Clauses are linked to Salary otherwise there's nothing in it for the Player if the Clubs could just set the release figure as high as they like.

If Clubs want to have the safety of a higher release Clause then they have to offer the player a bigger Weekly salary. In Gray's case he's probably on about 7.5k to 10 K a week. So 12 Mil release is probably about right.  There;s usually a buy out Clause also. So the Club can buy out the release Clause probably for 2 or 3 Million.  and a new Contract.

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Release Clauses are linked to Salary otherwise there's nothing in it for the Player if the Clubs could just set the release figure as high as they like.

If Clubs want to have the safety of a higher release Clause then they have to offer the player a bigger Weekly salary. In Gray's case he's probably on about 7.5k to 10 K a week. So 12 Mil release is probably about right.  There;s usually a buy out Clause also. So the Club can buy out the release Clause probably for 2 or 3 Million.  and a new Contract.

You really think he is only on that a week? I would have thought 20-25k, seeing how much we are paying some of the other seniors and the hype that was around him and the low fee we paid. No wonder he is looking elsewhere if true. Schlupp is on 60k at Palace lol

You could be right though, but makes me less suprised that his agent is trying to force our hand or get him a move, as he could be on double that I would have thought. If he is in our starting 11 next season, then he will probably be looking to push 50k a week in a new deal. Crazy money these days! Jealous. :dry:

Very reliable Nigerian sources have reported Ndidi is on 20k a week. I'm pretty sure when Chilwell signed his new deal there was talk about that being 20k a week as well. I would think that figure is probably our standard wage for U21 first teamers?

12 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

You really think he is only on that a week? I would have thought 20-25k, seeing how much we are paying some of the other seniors and the hype that was around him and the low fee we paid. No wonder he is looking elsewhere if true. Schlupp is on 60k at Palace lol

You could be right though, but makes me less suprised that his agent is trying to force our hand or get him a move, as he could be on double that I would have thought. If he is in our starting 11 next season, then he will probably be looking to push 50k a week in a new deal. Crazy money these days! Jealous. :dry:

Gray is still on the same contract he signed  when he signed for us. I believe he was on 2 k with Birmingham so an increase to 7.5 or 10 would be huge for a young unproven player at this level. Rashford is reported to be on 12.5k with Utd. They may pick up further bonuses for appearances. Players are well paid by normal standards but Clubs don't throw Money away unless they think it necessary. Burnley/ West Brom are still paying senior pros playing week 20k a week and less. I think Keane is on 30 K with Burnley;  Kane has just singed a new Contract for 70K week and he's been a top scorer for the last couple of seasons in the Premiership. If Gray stays I expect him to get a new Contract in the 20 to 25 K.

A lot of Fans don't realise that after the big Three Man Utd, City and Chelsea we're now up there as one of the biggest payers in the League.

6 hours ago, themightyfin said:

IMG_5984.JPG

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

If Gray is on under £20k a week I will be amazed. I reckon probably nearer £30-35k. Absolutely not a chance is it £10k or under.

i 'd feel for him if it is below 20K considering how much some other mugs are getting after last season

9 hours ago, themightyfin said:

You'd just have to look at what players of similar ability are picking up... It's not that hard, if anyone actually thinks "oh we got him for 3 million, it's pretty hard to imagine him being worth 25 million at any time in his career. 12 million seems a good deal for us" then you really aren't actually paying the most basic attention to football and shouldn't be anywhere near it.

We paid way below what we should have for Gray. Birmingham must have been gutted we got him so cheap.

8 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Thanks for the advice, I'm sure my company will be delighted that my knowledge has been enriched by your wonderful words of wisdom.

On a serious note you wouldn't last five minutes working in the industry I work in. There really is no sentiment in business and each party will push as much as they can until both believe they're getting the best possible deal.

I strongly disagree with your belief about the fee being relative to the fee paid. This isn't an industry trend, there's no precedent for such a theory, nor are there any rules written/unwritten to suggest that you must price a player at 3 to 4 times the fee paid, so how you come to this conclusion is baffling.

Seeing as we signed Gray for a fee below his true value due to his release clause and the fact that average players in the Championship regularly move between clubs for fees of £5m+ and top players move for £10m+, using £7.5m as the average price representing his true value at the time of purchase and applying your logic of 3 to 4 times the fee paid you'd expect a clause of between £22.5m to £30m. Based on your own theory for determining a release clause if he does indeed have a clause in his contract and it's set at £12m then surely this value is too low.

9 hours ago, themightyfin said:

The point is... why the fook is a kid from Birmingham in any position to be inserting a clause into his contract in the first place. Huge wage rise, bigger shop window and coming to a team top of the league.

We shouldn't be needing to insert any kind of clause (unless it's a relegation one), especially a £12m one when people seemed to think we'd got a bit of a bargain anyway when he signed.

Letting young talent dictate release clauses is suicidal, doesn't matter if it's 3 or 4 times what you paid. Because if they do proves themselves, you'll be getting a fraction of the true value.

Any release clause should only be inserted with the following in mind. The fee is reflective of what they would be worth if they proved themselves and became the top talent we thought them capable of being, hence us trying to sign them.

There shouldn't be any buy out clause because it makes it look like the player is just waiting for a better offer from a bigger club and just wants to use Leicester as a stepping stone and if there is a buy out clause then why are the ones on Leicester players too too low, they need to be higher so we get our valuation of the player involved. Clearly Rudkin or whoever isn't very bright setting these release clauses too low!.

10 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Good business lol

I think it's you who needs to understand, £12 million for Gray is terrible business for us. 

20 hours ago, Webbo said:

So if Rudkin refuses a release clause and we don't sign a player he's useless cvnt for not signing them. If we agree to a release clause and sign the player he's a useless cvnt? What exactly do people want(that reasonably achievable)?

So reading between the lines he's a useless cvnt then?

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Letting young talent dictate release clauses is suicidal, doesn't matter if it's 3 or 4 times what you paid. Because if they do proves themselves, you'll be getting a fraction of the true value.

How is anyone (let alone the player!) 'dictating' to the club? A release clause will be part of the 'package' put forward by the player's representatives as conditions for that player joining the club. Just as with his other demands (e.g. salary), the club is entitled to request the amount be altered, or to even refuse to sign a contract with any clause in it. They obviously run the risk then of the player refusing to join. I wonder how many people would have been moaning had we passed over the option to sign Gray because we wouldn't agree to a release clause almost four times his signing on value?

Once a bid is placed the bargaining power is in the agents hands. They will get 60/70% of what they want when joining a club like ours. Players don't grow up wanting to be a Leicester player like they do manure or barca.

It's then easy for an agent to say take it or we walk away.

24 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Good business lol

I think it's you who needs to understand, £12 million for Gray is terrible business for us. 

Obviously you knew that the Premier League would go so mental that within 15 months that an almost four-fold increase in the value of a bit-part player could be seen to be 'terrible business'.

Naturally, you would have refused to sign Gray if his representatives had stuck firm to their demands for a 12 million quid release clause. 

Kitchandro - Mystic Meg or Bobby Hindsight?

1 minute ago, turtmcfly said:

How is anyone (let alone the player!) 'dictating' to the club?

1 minute ago, turtmcfly said:

A release clause will be part of the 'package' put forward by the player's representatives as conditions for that player joining the club. Just as with his other demands (e.g. salary), the club is entitled to request the amount be altered, or to even refuse to sign a contract with any clause in it. They obviously run the risk then of the player refusing to join.

You've just answered your own question.

As for the player not joining, it's called tough negotiation. Do you really think a kid form Brum is going to turn down the chance of going to a club top of the league on a massive pay rise because he doesn't get his release clause? Quite frankly I'd rather the club does walk away from deals like that and we become a club known to drive a hard bargain, rather than a soft touch. You keep bending over for people and every player coming in will demand one because you're known to be easy touch.

11 hours ago, brucey said:

Picking and choosing individual transfers to compare fees with doesn't really work. Most transfer fees will be either too high or too low compared to the mystical 'market value', but you won't know which it is until the player has joined to see whether they are any good or not. Pogba cost 90m, surely Ndidi would currently be valued at least 60m based on that? I personally think 12m for Schlupp and 12m for Gray is about right for my idea of 'market value', and Everton overpaid for Lookman/Bolasie, but our opinion doesn't matter, a player's market value is simply what clubs are willing to pay for them. And I'm not convinced there'll be too many clubs willing to pay 12m for Gray.

Gray has been tearing it up over the last 12 months with the England U21 squad, including MOTM performances.

Your last paragraph is well wide of the mark; there will be plenty who would want one if England's top young attacking talents.

Schlupp went for £12m he had proven himself to be shit; there is no way that the market value of Gray is the same as that donkey given his ability and age. 

Archived