Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
broughtonblue

Shinji

13 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

If you think he's a good footballer people can only deduce that you don't watch much football, because with all due respect, he evidently isn't.

Surely a 'good footballer' is one who has a positive effect on the outcome of a game for his team. The more positive the effect, the better the player. That you won't shift your criteria of what makes a good player is your problem.

13 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

There's a difference between accepting he plays an important role for us and thinking he's a good footballer.

If you think he's a good footballer people can only deduce that you don't watch much football, because with all due respect, he evidently isn't.

The bloke has scored 50 international goals, he's a good footballer.

He was exceptional yesterday. His ball control has improved.

We simply aren't capable of playing our best football when he doesn't play. I don't even know how to explain his role. His goal and assist stats are appalling. I suppose he's essentially a ball-winning advanced midfielder. The destructive, interfering role of a defensive midfielder, the simple ball retention of an anchorman but able to do it in the oppositions half under pressure from their defenders. I don't know that any other team really employs such a player.

It's funny support increased for Shin after we realised his true role. I suspect that Shakey has decided to move him further into that role. We're no longer even pretending he's the second striker. He's an attacking midfield N'Golo.

He was everywhere yesterday - has great stamina and intelligence - he won't score Wilfred type goals or out jump centre backs to head goals but he was always available supporting attacks and disrupting opposition forays - I can see why he gets the nod 

You'd have to be pretty thick to watch Okazaki yesterday and not think he's a good footballer tbh.

Some of his touches and turns were sublime, constantly picking the ball up in the midfield, turning, driving at their defence. Almost scored with what would have been an outrageously world class overhead kick.

Yes he fluffed one promising break by not feeding Vardy and backing himself but we were two nil up and he's probably desperate for a goal. Fair enough.

What was good about Shinji yesterday is that his performance WASN'T just running around a lot and working hard, it was actually full of a lot of genuine quality as well.

Top work.

The fact Kitchensink thinks he's a bad footballer says more about the forum retard than it does one of our highly effective, premier league winning team.

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

You'd have to be pretty thick to watch Okazaki yesterday and not think he's a good footballer tbh.

Some of his touches and turns were sublime, constantly picking the ball up in the midfield, turning, driving at their defence. Almost scored with what would have been an outrageously world class overhead kick.

Yes he fluffed one promising break by not feeding Vardy and backing himself but we were two nil up and he's probably desperate for a goal. Fair enough.

What was good about Shinji yesterday is that his performance WASN'T just running around a lot and working hard, it was actually full of a lot of genuine quality as well.

Top work.

The fact Kitchensink thinks he's a bad footballer says more about the forum retard than it does one of our highly effective, premier league winning team.

Yesterday was one of the best I've seen from Shinji as a "footballer" but even when the football side of his game becomes frustrating, he still seems to have a positive impact on what is generally considered our best and most effective team, give or take a player or so.

I see him as providing us with the extra half a midfield player in what would otherwise be a vulnerable 4-4-2 and the extra half striker that enables Vardy to find that bit more space and get that bit more help. his presence also seems to guarantee more movement and therefore more options going forward and more problems for opposing defenders.

It seemed no different yesterday. While he had the energy we were electric at times. When his batteries ran down the team started to struggle and this only got worse with the substitutions, though partly because we'd stopped being ambitious, the movement disappeared even when we got possession and there was this attitude we seem to get at the end of games when we concede space and invite pressure and trouble.

Put simply, Shinji seems to give us precisely the right balance for our style of play.            

Pleased for him to be on a decent run of late. He looked horrendous against Southampton back i January and I would have preferred Slimani to start for his goal threat but cant argue with Shinji's workrate and getting stuck in.

More than anything I'm pleased for him as he's one of the most likeable players of the current squad if not Leicester's history. Would have been great watching him strut his stuff on the dancefloor like Vardy says!

Keep it going.Shinji and we'll being the sushi and the sake!

Honestly think he's one of the most influential players in the team, the way he plays just encourages everyone else to dig deep. Yes, we all know he hasn't got the best finishing ability (if he did he would be one of the best players in the world IMO) but he brings so much to the team. Talk about Kantè, Shinji is just as important. 

Think he might be needed for the full 90 against Atletico. But if he does have to go off at 60mins & if its a favourable scoreline, I'd bring Andy King on instead of Amartey or Slimani. Kingy is a big game player and often exceeds our expectations in important games.

On 01/04/2017 at 22:18, Kitchandro said:

There's a difference between accepting he plays an important role for us and thinking he's a good footballer.

Spot on:thumbup: I didn't rate simo, drinky and Marc last season and I was stupid enough to say that I will take hart over kasper, and they proved me wrong, kasper is our player of the season, drinky had a very good first half of the season and simo is amazing on defence, plus, I started to like Marc, but okazaki is the only one that I don't rate, peoples talking about his link up play? Am I watching the right games. He is probably the only number 10/CF/ second striker that starts because of his work rate, in WORLD FOOTBALL!! 

#say_no_to_marathon_runners

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

"I didn't rate Drinky last season"

That should be another bannable offence right there.

:nigel:

I had my reasons, Finn, I thought kantè carried him last season, and I admitted that I was wrong, what's wrong with that (if you like I can give my reasons)

7 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

How could you possibly not rate any of our players last season?!?

We won the league by 9 points 

Didn't say I didn't rate all the players, I named 3 (simo, drinky and Marc), I thought Kasper is good but hart is better, and I admitted I was wrong.

On 1 April 2017 at 22:18, Kitchandro said:

When you post stuff like this its incredibly difficult not to laugh at you.

I mean seriously, which is the joke here - you or your post?

7 minutes ago, the fox said:

I had my reasons, Finn, I thought kantè carried him last season, and I admitted that I was wrong, what's wrong with that (if you like I can give my reasons)

What's wrong with it is it's ****ing retarded.

The man was one of the best midfielders in the premier league last season, he made us tick.

For the last few years he's been one of our most influential players, when he plays well, we play well. When he plays poorly, we play poorly.

Again, you'd know this if you weren't a rentafan we've picked up that has an obsession with telling lifelong season ticket holders that they're wrong about the team they go and watch live every single game.

Personally think he's vital. His first touch is sublime and i think he gets unfairly castigated for his 2nd and 3rd touches on occasion. I generally become fearful around the 60th minute every time we're leading and sub him off. We've tried enough other players in that role to see that for some inexplicable reason shinji is perfect at it.

35 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

What's wrong with it is it's retarded.

The man was one of the best midfielders in the premier league last season, he made us tick.

For the last few years he's been one of our most influential players, when he plays well, we play well. When he plays poorly, we play poorly.

Again, you'd know this if you weren't a rentafan we've picked up that has an obsession with telling lifelong season ticket holders that they're wrong about the team they go and watch live every single game.

Language, Finn, don't mistake being respectful with being a pushover, got that!

Like I said, I was wrong about him and I was man enough to admit that.

You seem to really dislike me and look at me like you are on top of a mountain or something, what do you expect, I don't live in England so how am I supposed to be a life long fan and a season ticket holder, you don't like fans like me and you wait for my smallest slip ups just to go ballistic and say things to me that you have been keeping in your chest for a long time, 

I'm not telling you how to live your life, nor am I telling you who to rate and don't rate, i'm just voicing my opinion. We have a saying in Arabic and it goes like this "ان اللبيب من الاشارة يفهم" and that is the equivalent of " a word to the wise is enough" in English, so, address me with at least half the respect i'm addressing you with, or keep me out of your mouth.

37 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

What's wrong with it is it's ****ing retarded.

Life long sth, or regular game goers, has the opinions on all the Sports  forums, is just that, STH have also a mix of the retard, dubious, great

Illogical, logical , weird, top opinions

I have been a city fan since the late 50s, it doesnt mean I knowor  I am an expert, or have any extra holy right to an opinion.

My thoughts on here are just  that from MY perspective...

Just revisit your own opinions on ex-player, manager pundits and Pannelists.

Oh yes you are wrong.....and right, way off the mark and spot on, as much as your so called rentafans.

110,000 fans watch the same game...110,000 differing opinions and snippets  of knowledge..

We use good ol pub language at times, I read what I consider strange takes or opinions on all issues, believe it or not,

even with my sarcasm, I respect every single one of them, helps me to addres/ reassess my own Perspectives....I decided years ago I aint the single expert, Even when we leave this world,

We still learn in our last breath, thats something else we get wrong..

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

"I didn't rate Drinky last season"

That should be another bannable offence right there.

:nigel:

1 hour ago, MrSpaM said:

How could you possibly not rate any of our players last season?!?

We won the league by 9 points ffs!

Just put him on ignore and you'll save yourself a lot of effort. :thumbup:

Archived