Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
broughtonblue

Shinji

Anybody know how many times  shinji has actually played the full 90 minutes in the league? 

How many league appearances and the % he's finished .

Really can't understand why he comes off every game. His legs are like tree trunks, surely can't be a fitness issue

4 minutes ago, broughtonblue said:

Anybody know how many times  shinji has actually played the full 90 minutes in the league? 

How many league appearances and the % he's finished .

Really can't understand why he comes off every game. His legs are like tree trunks, surely can't be a fitness issue

???

Do you watch us play? Do you see how hard he works? He runs himself into the ground every game.

He can be so infuriating at times but when he stays on his feet, he's the missing piece in our puzzle. Doesn't score or create but he's the ultimate team player who does the graft so Vardy can play his natural game. 

1 minute ago, sdb said:

Asking people their opinions on Shinji is a quick and easy way of working out if they understand football or not. 

Arrogant nonsense.

The truth is he has a major role to play in this team from a tactical point of view, but all too often this season he has been infuriatingly dreadful, repeatedly falling over and missing sitters. All the criticism he received for his abject displays not so long ago were fully justified.

Today, happily, he was magnificent.

3 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Arrogant nonsense.

The truth is he has a major role to play in this team from a tactical point of view, but all too often this season he has been infuriatingly dreadful, repeatedly falling over and missing sitters. All the criticism he received for his abject displays not so long ago were fully justified.

Today, happily, he was magnificent.

He's been poor in the games where we were complete shit yeah. Like everyone else bar our keeper. 

Haha - I'm knackered just watching Shinji play. The bloke is a human dynamo..self-sustaining for an hour and like a man pleading for mercy when he's spent because he won't stop voluntarily he'll just stumble and finally fall into the dust of despair.

I've never seen another footballer look happier to wear a Leicester City shirt. Sometimes he's been awful - like a gymnastic novice pounding through some obscure programme of football-themed floor exercises.

But the bloke laughs and cries Leicester and in all the time I've seen him, he's never given less than everything he's got.

No I'm not his biggest fan in football terms.

But I've come to see what he means to our team and today there was the special bonus of a bit of ball control which is rare as a purely struck goal by the guy, or even a searching pass of more than 15 yards. 

What Shinji epitomises is heart, soul, pressure and perseverance. And while he's got those qualities he'll never be a loser in my eyes. Because his attitude is infectious and is a big part of what's sustained us through so many adventures and unlikely achievements. 

Man of the match today? Who knows or cares. But when he's out there I'm a lot more confident than when he's not. And it's my bet our manager feels much the same. .  

Shinji is a legend. Bloke puts more effort into 45mins than nearly any player I can think of. No wonder he's knackered by 60mins usually. 

He he isn't as fast as I'd like. He doesn't stay on his feet enough. Not a prolific goal scorer. Doesn't create enough. But by god he and Kasper would be the first names on my team sheet. We are far less a team without him. Don't have a clue how or why it works, but it does. 

3 minutes ago, sdb said:

He's been poor in the games where we were complete shit yeah. Like everyone else bar our keeper. 

I guess if he hadn't missed that unmissable chance v Millwall, then Ranieri might still be here and the season might be heading in a very different direction....

4 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Haha - I'm knackered just watching Shinji play. The bloke is a human dynamo..self-sustaining for an hour and like a man pleading for mercy when he's spent because he won't stop voluntarily he'll just stumble and finally fall into the dust of despair.

I've never seen another footballer look happier to wear a Leicester City shirt. Sometimes he's been awful - like a gymnastic novice pounding through some obscure programme of football-themed floor exercises.

But the bloke laughs and cries Leicester and in all the time I've seen him, he's never given less than everything he's got.

No I'd not his biggest fan in football terms. But I've come to see what he means to our team and today there was the special bonus of a bit of ball control which is rare as a purely struck goal to the guy or even a searching pass of more than 15 yards. 

What Shinji epitomises is heart, soul, pressure and perseverance. And while he's got those qualities he'll never be a loser in my eyes. Because his attitude is infectious and is a big part of what's sustained us through so many adventures and unlikely achievements. 

Man of the match today? Who knows or cares. But when he's out there I'm a lot more confident than when he's not. And it's my bet our manager feels much the same. .  

Fantastic post.:chant:

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

I guess if he hadn't missed that unmissable chance v Millwall, then Ranieri might still be here and the season might be heading in a very different direction....

Lad's a genius see!

Archived