Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxInTheBirstallBox

Rudkin

5 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

” You can’t fault Shakespeare on the failure of the players signed in the summer. He didn’t sign them, they (Leicester) have a Director of Football who identifies players and signs them”, Peter Schmeichel said on Skysports while speaking on the reported sack of the coach.

1000000% not true 

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Shakey is on record as saying he attended meetings on recruitment. 

Rudkins job is to oversee the negotiations to get the players in/out and get the deals done ...............

Yeah to be fair to Chodkin, he doesn't meddle in that surely. That's Macia and his teams remit. What Chodkin will have poked his beak in though is the sale of Drinkwater.

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Starting to think he has some serious dirt on them. How he's in a job is beyond me and that he's delivering the news of sackings is almost distasteful.

This is what I am thinking. Probably knows all about their corruption.

Too many people at our club that seem untouchable, including the players.

7 hours ago, Albert said:

1000000% not true 

100+%? interesting.

When possibly one of the most experienced players of all time just happens to have a son at the club who is also very influential and established says something I tend to listen.

Shakey was also quoted as saying that he was pleased with the defender they had basically selected and bought him when he saw him in training.(Maguire)

Claudio said repeatedly that he just coaches the team.

No doubt Shakey did have some say but it was very little.

• Like 1

Have to agree with Albert surely

No matter how inept we are as a club all managers / head coaches are involved in the majority of signings. 

A scouting department will assess and present options of players and will then present this to DoF & normally a head coach who will then decide who to pursue. 

That's it in its simplest form and its counter productive to not involve the manager in that process. 

Normally the only difference comes if a DoF has been recommended a player through contacts and they may skip the scouting stage if he knows the player well. 

I just think we've signed poorly but in terms of how we identify and pursue players I'd be astounded if the manager isn't involved

7 hours ago, Tuna said:

He seems to have been elevated to a position beyond his capabilities. I'm not sure what his credentials are for his current role..

This is the major problem for me.

He hasn't exactly excelled at the role he was in before DoF, granted we've had a couple of players come through. But none have set the world alight. So how the hell has this guy ended up at the top of an ambitious, supposedly forward thinking club? The recruitment suggests he is totally out of his depth and there is not a chance he can be cleared of blame for the Silva debacle. We wanted this guy a year ago and he somehow can't get the deal tied up in a year since our first interest. It's hopeless.

That goes for Macia and Whelan as well. I've heard several stories of Whelan's incompetence and it is frightening how out of touch she is with what the club requires.

We're riddled with inexperience at the top level of the club and this is costing us,  

Les Reed at Southampton-

I spoke to Reed about the club’s ‘Black Box’ – a darkened room he compares to the “Bridge of the Starship Enterprise” – and why preparing in advance for the loss of a manager is just as important as planning which players to buy.

So I’m always tracking managers and coaches. What’s their style of play, how successful are they, what’s their personality like – so you can be ahead of the game. So I’m always looking at five or six potential managers who have already impressed me. It’s made it quicker. We’re not having off the wall discussions.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Les Reed at Southampton-

I spoke to Reed about the club’s ‘Black Box’ – a darkened room he compares to the “Bridge of the Starship Enterprise” – and why preparing in advance for the loss of a manager is just as important as planning which players to buy.

So I’m always tracking managers and coaches. What’s their style of play, how successful are they, what’s their personality like – so you can be ahead of the game. So I’m always looking at five or six potential managers who have already impressed me. It’s made it quicker. We’re not having off the wall discussions.

Southampton, for a Club of our size and potential is, in my opinion, the near perfect model for us to follow. 

Thanks for posting this!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Les Reed at Southampton-

Sound like we ought to try and poach this guy

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Starting to think he has some serious dirt on them. How he's in a job is beyond me and that he's delivering the news of sackings is almost distasteful.

I guess Top doesn't want to lose his stable boy.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Simi said:

This is the major problem for me.

He hasn't exactly excelled at the role he was in before DoF, granted we've had a couple of players come through. But none have set the world alight. So how the hell has this guy ended up at the top of an ambitious, supposedly forward thinking club? The recruitment suggests he is totally out of his depth and there is not a chance he can be cleared of blame for the Silva debacle. We wanted this guy a year ago and he somehow can't get the deal tied up in a year since our first interest. It's hopeless.

That goes for Macia and Whelan as well. I've heard several stories of Whelan's incompetence and it is frightening how out of touch she is with what the club requires.

We're riddled with inexperience at the top level of the club and this is costing us,  

This exactly

Listening to TalkShite in the Alps and some chap named Carl just called Alan Bar-bill and gave a spot on summary of our problems including a mention of the DoF.   He was spot on! 

35 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Vice Chairman of football now, does seem to show how it can be done though. Decent for a smallish club.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11366206/Gary-Neville-The-era-of-the-gaffer-is-over.html

I seem to remember reading this article when it came out. Sounds great but still needs a visionary to make it all work. 

The truth is that none of us know how much responsibility either Rudkin or Shakespeare has had over our recent recruitment. Hopefully though most of us can see it's been dire.

What I do know though is that Rudkin became DoF in January 2015. The same month we signed Kramaric. Since then we've signed Musa, Slimani and Ihanacho. £80m on strikers who don't fit into our style of play.

Since Rudkin took over, we have just stock-piled expensive strikers who don't fit the style of the team. Maybe it's not his fault.  And let's be fair, we have made some very good signings in that period: Okasaki, Fuchs, Huth and Kante. Credit where it's due. If we're blaming Rudkin for Musa surely we have to credit him for Kante?

But since this strategy of spaffing millions on misfit strikers has now been seen under three different City managers, it's hard to see how the blame can be laid at anybody else's door than the DoFs.

More worryingly, if Rudkin is behind this weird strategy of filling the bench with multi-million pound strikers, then sacking Shakespeare isn't going to fix anything. In fact, it will probably make things worse.