Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxInTheBirstallBox

Rudkin

Found the entire interview a bit sad.

Pearson has kept quiet since he left as no choice but if he could I don't think its his style the bleat.

Didn't catch it all as watching in the boozer. Saw masses of how well he organised everything etc etc bit of me me me. Was he asked.... that's great but why did you change things.

Why would you want to be goaded by a couple of half wits into doing the dirty on you previous employers. Yes, they parted company but he was treated like a god throughout. Salary, use of private jet etc etc

Fairly obvious that any third party involved was Rudkin, but was he wrong?

Edited by Bob Hazels shorts

I don't think there was anyone 'behind' him it's either just another of his excuses for the complete collapse or he's just paranoid and Sky, with other media jumping on the bandwagon making a mountain out of an off the cuff throw away excuse/paranoia.

Virtually every question he was asked was put in such away that it enabled him to excuse himself from all responsibility and to deflect it onto shadowy others. There was no real probing into his culpability and he contradicted himself time and again.

• Like 1

There's two questions to answer here:

• Did somebody higher up in the club undermine what CR was doing ?
  • Does it really matter    ? ......... He's gone and we've moved on

Ps: I still think Claudio will always have a little place in my heart forever.........:worship:

On 12/04/2017 at 11:47, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Rudkin is the best thing to ever happen to this club.

If I am correct, Rudkin is responsible for devlopment and recruitment at the club.

From what I understand, the academy is in a mess and performing badly with poor coaches and our recruitment has been less than spectacular in past 12 months (Ndidi, Gray excepted!) during his tenureship

Bearing in mind the current team is still largely a legacy from the Pearson/Shekespeare/Walsh era before Rudkin took over (in what way did his background of  Director of an underperforming Academy qualify him to be DoF at a Premier league club?!?), the big question is "what is going to happen if/when this current team stars to break-up in the summer once we are not assured of ECL football next season?"

Likes of Mahrez, Gray, Slimani and possibly even Schmeichel might well move on for greater riches/glory and Huth, Morgan, Fuchs, SImpson, King & Ulloa will very shortly need replacing so my assumption is John Rudkin's incompetence and scheming will only be finally/fully exposed next season when he has to try and rebuild a team rather than inherit one.........possibly without the added attraction of ECL football to offer to any potential targets!

If he doesnt know how to develop or buy players, how the f*** does he intend to re-build the team...?!? 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2017 at 21:31, stevelcfc said:

I am absolutely no fan of Rudkin, but even if it was him, I think we should be quite thankful on the quiet for giving him the shove. It is the decision that has ultimately all but led to our survival in the PL.

correct.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 17:50, theadmans said:

I went to Overdale School Knighton in the 1970s - was a kid in my class called Neil Rudkin. Anyone know if he is Jon's brother ?

Me too - well, left there in 1967 for the West Midlands, but I'd already been to my first match (0-0 v Northampton in their only season in the top flight) and got my first replica shirt, so the die was cast...

I don't remember a Neil Rudkin though. In fact I only remember one name from that school, also a Neil (Painton). Curiously, I bumped into him at Filbo many years later, both of us recognising our 9/10 year-old selves in our adult faces...