Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxInTheBirstallBox

Rudkin

15 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

I think lineker will have a lot more inside info on the club than anyone on here

I agree. And I think the owners desperately need some impartial consultancy. They should meet with Gary and get his take on what needs to be done. Here's a very bright, honest and proud Leicester lad who worked hard to save the club when we were in administration.

53 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

The truth is that none of us know how much responsibility either Rudkin or Shakespeare has had over our recent recruitment. Hopefully though most of us can see it's been dire.

What I do know though is that Rudkin became DoF in January 2015. The same month we signed Kramaric. Since then we've signed Musa, Slimani and Ihanacho. £80m on strikers who don't fit into our style of play.

Since Rudkin took over, we have just stock-piled expensive strikers who don't fit the style of the team. Maybe it's not his fault.  And let's be fair, we have made some very good signings in that period: Okasaki, Fuchs, Huth and Kante. Credit where it's due. If we're blaming Rudkin for Musa surely we have to credit him for Kante?

But since this strategy of spaffing millions on misfit strikers has now been seen under three different City managers, it's hard to see how the blame can be laid at anybody else's door than the DoFs.

More worryingly, if Rudkin is behind this weird strategy of filling the bench with multi-million pound strikers, then sacking Shakespeare isn't going to fix anything. In fact, it will probably make things worse.

I've just been looking through our transfers since Rudkin became DoF and if you ignore the undisclosed fees both in and out, we have spent £175 million since, £155 million of that AFTER we won the Premier League.

Now we're 18th!!!

• Sad 1

I like the idea of seeking Linekers advice

Articulate and a solid City supporter

I really worry where the owners go for advice I see the Thais as good owners very very badly advised by Ruskin and company

Sad for Shakey but one of his last acts was to bring on King to secure a draw against WBA for christs sake!!

I also worry that this could be the last roll of the dice in taking this great club forwards

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

The truth is that none of us know how much responsibility either Rudkin or Shakespeare has had over our recent recruitment. Hopefully though most of us can see it's been dire.

What I do know though is that Rudkin became DoF in January 2015. The same month we signed Kramaric. Since then we've signed Musa, Slimani and Ihanacho. £80m on strikers who don't fit into our style of play.

Since Rudkin took over, we have just stock-piled expensive strikers who don't fit the style of the team. Maybe it's not his fault.  And let's be fair, we have made some very good signings in that period: Okasaki, Fuchs, Huth and Kante. Credit where it's due. If we're blaming Rudkin for Musa surely we have to credit him for Kante?

But since this strategy of spaffing millions on misfit strikers has now been seen under three different City managers, it's hard to see how the blame can be laid at anybody else's door than the DoFs.

More worryingly, if Rudkin is behind this weird strategy of filling the bench with multi-million pound strikers, then sacking Shakespeare isn't going to fix anything. In fact, it will probably make things worse.

Ironically. Well known that Claudio didn't want Kante, had his eye on Mendy and eventually managed to convince those above to sign him, he was his only choice of player he got.

Claudio started work in his office at 8.00ish, from an ITK Shakey would daily stick his head round his door just after and say 'Morning' followed by 'Kante' in a some sort sentence, it became a standing joke until he signed.

May sound like balls but remember Shakey particularly as coach was a players mate, and mates talk, Think i'd let it known if i'd pushed for him.

The venkys had terrible advisors when they bought Blackburn - it didn’t help that they were completely clueless but you need to have the right help. They would view Rudkin as having done a decent job of overseeing the way the club has been run on the pitch. He ain’t responsible for identifying transfer targets. If the recruitment has been awful then they will look elsewhere than rudders 

3 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

You can’t fault Shakespeare on the failure of the players signed in the summer. He didn’t sign them, they (Leicester) have a Director of Football who identifies players and signs them”, Peter Schmeichel said on Skysports while speaking on the reported sack of the coach.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

When possibly one of the most experienced players of all time just happens to have a son at the club who is also very influential and established says something I tend to listen.

Indeed!  100%+

1 hour ago, Fox Ulike said:

Not forgetting that we gave Ulloa a new contract too :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Isle of Wight Fox said:

I've just been looking through our transfers since Rudkin became DoF and if you ignore the undisclosed fees both in and out, we have spent £175 million since, £155 million of that AFTER we won the Premier League.

Now we're 18th!!!

You could (almost) name a full team of disastrous signings:

Zieler or Jakupovic

Amartey     Benalouane     Hernandez

Inler    Silva     Kapusta   Mendy 

Musa  Slimani

• Sad 2

17 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Turdkin must have some magnificent negatives in his possession.  How is he not partially responsible for this mess we find ourselves in?    Shakey - unfortunately had to get things right quickly with one arm tied behind his back.  He probably deserves to go, as he has not helped himself, BUT the Owners' need to get in a Chainsaw Operative to clear out the deadwood in Recruitment/Scouting and at Director of Hoof-ball level.

To make Shakey the fall guy alone, is neither fair or correct.

Appleton should have gone he is the coach after all IMO not good enough 

50 minutes ago, murphy said:

Zieler or Jakupovic

Musa  Slimani  Iheanacho

Finished for you :thumbup:.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fairbanksh said:

I like the idea of seeking Linekers advice

Articulate and a solid City supporter

I really worry where the owners go for advice I see the Thais as good owners very very badly advised by Ruskin and company

Sad for Shakey but one of his last acts was to bring on King to secure a draw against WBA for christs sake!!

I also worry that this could be the last roll of the dice in taking this great club forwards

No thanks.

4 hours ago, murphy said:

Zieler or Jakupovic

Musa  Slimani

And 3 of those hasn't even made an appearance yet.

8 hours ago, Ricey said:

Les Reed is brilliant. He knows how a club should be run.

Only beginning the search for a manager once you've sacked the current manager is a terrible way to run a business. It's like selling your car and then having to walk to all the show rooms to look for a replacement.

When you think back, the process of appointing managers has been a right mish mash under our owners, yet they've pulled off a couple of masterstrokes. It's actually amazing.

• Sousa was picked purely because he was a big name, ruined Pearson's first team.
  • Sven was picked purely because he was a big name, couldn't take us forwards.
  • Pearson was brought back presumably because he was popular with the fans, and they felt they'd made mistakes with the above reasoning. It worked out pretty great.
  • Pearson was sacked out of the blue and clearly they weren't prepared for it at all. Took ages to replace him - Ranieri was not even mentioned until he said he was interested in the press, got the job days later and turned out to be the best appointment we ever made.
  • We did the obvious thing and replaced Ranieri with his assistant in the short term. We have a few good results and can't think of anyone else to give it to so we just stick with him, even after a 6-1 home defeat and several underwhelming performances.

It just seems like there's not much thought put into it, yet miraculously it's brought great success half the time.

• Like 2

I’m just glad people are on local and national radio talking about the whole situation going deeper than Shakespeare.

Fans and media are now looking at the whole situation. I just wish media/reporters would make it more well known this simply is/wasn’t Shakespeare’s fault, Ranieri’s fault or the players faults, they all have their part to play, part to blame but there are others behind the scenes, Rudkin and co, who also have massive part to blame.

As I said the other day momentum is building and us, the fans need to make our feelings known on the situation regarding Rudkin and co.

Until this area is rectified there is no point in getting a new manager because the new manager will be in exactly the same position working with his hands tied behind his back.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1