Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Great Boos Up

Nottingham Forest... Doomed?

15 minutes ago, Tuna said:

lol Forest haven't been relevant for 20 years, no need to have a thread on them.

It's working though, Burton gaining a point. Put a bunch of plastics like them lot in DIV1 and watch them fall and fast.

There will be Leicester shirts on kids all the way up to Beeston.

Edit: Tuna jinxed it with an own goal. Burn the heretic! :D

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Imagine if both Cov and Forest get relegated while win win the Champions League

If Carlsberg did the perfect football season...

People actually care about Coventry? Maybe it's my age but I've only ever known them as a side that turned up here every season, got smashed every season, then disappeared into nothing 5 years ago. Impossible to consider them rivals, any more than Man City in that we've been in a relegation battle with them one season in my lifetime.

6 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

People actually care about Coventry? Maybe it's my age but I've only ever known them as a side that turned up here every season, got smashed every season, then disappeared into nothing 5 years ago. Impossible to consider them rivals, any more than Man City in that we've been in a relegation battle with them one season in my lifetime.

Growing up in Lutterworth in the 80's, the Cov/Leicester rivalry was quite prevalent back then. Thier fans took great joy in bragging about their '87 cup win so a lot of us have been waiting a long time to enjoy their demise. 

Forest have been irrelevant for 2 decades. Even if they stay up they will continue to be bottom half fodder for the foreseeable future. 

They got 24k for their big derby the other week. They don't even sell out for their biggest game of the season, and haven't for years.

I know I shouldn't care about the trees but I can't help it...... I  do so hope they go down, but I think they will just about get away with it.

Cov is a different matter, I feel sorry for them because it could very well have been us in their place. Once you get awful owners you can spiral downwards seemingly without end. Their very survival as a football club must now be in question. I hope they make it

46 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Coventry was a long time our bogey side.....

Cantwell the most hated name in the shire...

Once again another club poorly owned, to be honest I'd hate to see them go down they are fairly big club that deserves better things. What's cost Forest over the years lack of stability, the amount of manager's they've had over the years. They've got a decent one now but what the odd's he'll face the sack soon.   

Anyone salivating at Forest or Cov being horrendously mismanaged needs to have a look at themselves.

Yes, it's nice that the boot is on the other foot these days in terms of our clubs' relative standings, but, as others have pointed out, their fate could have been ours.

Ultimately, both clubs could go up the spout and you can't have a local rivalry if the rival doesn't exist.

How sweet was Knocky's goal against Forest a few years ago? Wouldn't it be lovely to play/beat them again?

14 hours ago, Tuna said:

lol Forest haven't been relevant for 20 years, no need to have a thread on them.

13 hours ago, The Doctor said:

To anyone who supported City in the 60s/70s, Forest (in particular), Derby, and Cov, will always be relevant.

Forest going down would give me (almost) as much pleasure as a City promotion.

2 hours ago, Buce said:

To anyone who supported City in the 60s/70s, Forest (in particular), Derby, and Cov, will always be relevant.

Forest going down would give me (almost) as much pleasure as a City promotion.

As I said then, my age. Forest I get, Coventry have just been another side that spent a few seasons in and around our level - like Scunthorpe or Barnsley.

16 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Imagine if both Cov and Forest get relegated while win win the Champions League

If Carlsberg did the perfect football season...

Forest would probably still be trying to argue they're the biggest club in the region, even while we were playing Boca Juniors in Dubai for the FIFA World Club Cup and they were playing Lincoln in the Checkatrade Trophy.

22 hours ago, The Doctor said:

As I said then, my age. Forest I get, Coventry have just been another side that spent a few seasons in and around our level - like Scunthorpe or Barnsley.

As I've just said in the other thread, Coventry can be nasty and anybody that went to Highfield Road will tell you how horrid they are. (That was a proper ground not the state they play in now). I've seen run ins with Cov.

Only once have I had a problem at Forest away (that was when it got abandoned and the scenes were horrid) but I've always viewed Derby as a bigger game than Forest. The history with Derby is bigger than Forest.

When I started supporting Leicester (mid 90s) the rivalry with Cov was quite fierce and they seemed to really hate us, I remember some of the games at Filbo. As Fox92 says they have a pretty rough following ala Portsmouth. Now I just pity them.

I love Forest to lose but I have family who support them and they're a club with history so I don't wish Fawaz on them. Most of their supporters are pretty sound and knowledgeable about football.

Couldn't care less about Derby. Are they even counted as the East Midlands? I enjoy our games but I don't think they care about us honestly.

To be honest the whole concept of a grown man 'hating' a football club is beyond me.

20 hours ago, Spudulike said:

The Snotties are currently in 33rd place in the all time Premier League table. Which now, after 25 years, is arguably the modern era.

Interestingly, a win today would give us our 500th Premier League point.

Quite remarkable really to think about the last two decades. When O'Neill took over in 96 we'd won one trophy and had one trip to Europe in 100+ years of history. The last 20 years you could argue we've been one of the most successful clubs in the country.

46 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

As I've just said in the other thread, Coventry can be nasty and anybody that went to Highfield Road will tell you how horrid they are. (That was a proper ground not the state they play in now). I've seen run ins with Cov.

Only once have I had a problem at Forest away (that was when it got abandoned and the scenes were horrid) but I've always viewed Derby as a bigger game than Forest. The history with Derby is bigger than Forest.

We had some great times at Highfield Road. Their home end, the West Terrace, was a laugh. It was a bit like the Filbo Kop in that it was a double-tier stand, seats upper, standing below (circa early 70's) and they had a section of 'lads' immediately behind the goal. Leicester fans packed in either side of them and as kids we used to dare each other to walk through their section. It got to the stage when we'd do it wearing scarfs and colours and nothing ever happened. My Dad, myself and two mates even stood immediately in front of them for one particular match going crazy when Weller scored (it ended 1-1 on a foggy afternoon and couldn't see the other end!). Never really disliked Cov that much, more of a joke club (unlike the Snotties).

52 minutes ago, bovril said:

Quite remarkable really to think about the last two decades. When O'Neill took over in 96 we'd won one trophy and had one trip to Europe in 100+ years of history. The last 20 years you could argue we've been one of the most successful clubs in the country.

In terms of silverware, we're the sixth most successful English club of the PL era.

Staggering really, when you consider that in the same period, we've also had our longest post-war spell outside of the top flight, our only ever season in the third tier, and came ridiculously close to going out of business altogether.

Never dull, being a City fan.

Archived