Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Darren Moore will quickly find out what being a real manager is all about.

He could be a success dont get me wrong, but i doubt it.

Having a few games as a caretaker when basically already down and under no pressure, how is that a demonstration of your credentials to lead a team back up through a highly competitive Championship?

Guy has never bought a player in his life, sold a player in his life, dealt with dressing room unrest in his life, dealt with any kind of expectation from the fans, or the rigors of preparing for a long 46 game season.

Just makes me baffled why teams go for this easy cop out like we did with Shakespeare. it rarely works and usually ends with them not being at the club in any role whatsoever.

22 minutes ago, Donut said:

Darren Moore will quickly find out what being a real manager is all about.

He could be a success dont get me wrong, but i doubt it.

Having a few games as a caretaker when basically already down and under no pressure, how is that a demonstration of your credentials to lead a team back up through a highly competitive Championship?

Guy has never bought a player in his life, sold a player in his life, dealt with dressing room unrest in his life, dealt with any kind of expectation from the fans, or the rigors of preparing for a long 46 game season.

Just makes me baffled why teams go for this easy cop out like we did with Shakespeare. it rarely works and usually ends with them not being at the club in any role whatsoever.

Who were they supposed to go for Mick McCarthy? It probably is the easy option but managers have to start somewhere.

Moore is 10 years younger than Shakespeare too. I’m not convinced he’ll be a success either but because Shakey failed it doesn’t mean it always happens, when Guardiola was promoted to Barça manager he was written off as an example.

23 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Feel more for Swansea fans than anyone else.

Shouldn't have got rid of Laudrup, being fired long too long after giving them their first trophy in a decade.

Once Jenkins got the American businessmen on board at the club, supporter content and confidence in the board appears like it had/still has declined rapidly - as if the system and club organisation that served them well from their rise from League Two to the Premier League has started to be erased for the chairman's own greed.

If they aren't careful, could see them struggling eventually to where Sunderland are currently at.

• Haha 1

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/704761/Premier-League-attendances-stadium-capacity-Europe-highest-most-records-sportgalleries

Premier League attendances: 11 English clubs among top 50 most packed stadiums in Europe

Leicester prop up the list of the top 50 best supported clubs in Europe in the 2017/18 season - with an average attendance of 31,583 across the campaign.

But Championship club Aston Villa are ahead of them in the rankings!

The Birmingham giants have reached the play-off final this season, and are the only second tier outfit to feature on this list.

Clubs from Germany, Spain, Scotland, Italy, Portugal, Holland, France, Russia and Turkey all feature among the top 50.

Surprise teams to feature include RB Leipzig, Real Betis and Hamburg.

Incredibly, the club in first place had nearly 80,000 fans on average per game this season - Borussia Dortmund

11 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/704761/Premier-League-attendances-stadium-capacity-Europe-highest-most-records-sportgalleries

Premier League attendances: 11 English clubs among top 50 most packed stadiums in Europe

Leicester prop up the list of the top 50 best supported clubs in Europe in the 2017/18 season - with an average attendance of 31,583 across the campaign.

But Championship club Aston Villa are ahead of them in the rankings!

The Birmingham giants have reached the play-off final this season, and are the only second tier outfit to feature on this list.

Clubs from Germany, Spain, Scotland, Italy, Portugal, Holland, France, Russia and Turkey all feature among the top 50.

Surprise teams to feature include RB Leipzig, Real Betis and Hamburg.

Incredibly, the club in first place had nearly 80,000 fans on average per game this season - Borussia Dortmund

Would be interesting to see which clubs get closet to capacity, rather than just going on just numbers. A club in league one might only get 5000 fans a week, but that could be 99% of capacity, whilst a premier league club could get 5 times that in a 50000 seater stadium, and it only be 50%

• Like 1