Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Guest seanfox778
7 minutes ago, Phube said:

Does this mean our game vs Spurs might be on Sky... as the race for 4th is the only thing left?

It’ll be the Liverpool or Chelsea game, think Spurs are certain to finish in the top 4 after Chelsea’s draw.

8 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

It’ll be the Liverpool or Chelsea game, think Spurs are certain to finish in the top 4 after Chelsea’s draw.

Ahh... yup see that now the tables are updated...

So happy for Huddersfield. Hopefully Soton will go down.

Edit: Ah crap, they won#t the goal difference between them and Swansea is too big.

Edited by ZeGuy

Swansea became the new Sunderland a festering turd of a club floating near the premier league u bend, finally been flushed.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Credit where it’s due, that’s brilliant from Huddersfield to get a point at Man City and Chelsea when the pressure is on. 

Man city with nothing to play for so not totally unexpected against a team fighting for survival.  Chelsea game might have been more impressive if you ask me as they are fighting for champs league spot and needed the win.

But even then 2 points against those two teams is still massive for them or any team from 6th onwards lol

14 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

And Spurs have qualified for the Champions League.

Watch out, Europe...

33FE470400000578-0-image-a-30_1462826826

Apparently getting into the CL is more important than a trophy...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43339977

Tottenham captain Hugo Lloris said qualifying for the Champions League next season "means more than a trophy" after Spurs beat Newcastle at Wembley to confirm their top-four place.

So spursy.

14 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Cue last day of the season

Southampton 0 - 6 Man City

Swansea 3 - 0 Stoke

And Southamptons celebrations last night look a little silly.

Or stoke let swansea score 10 goals due to being pissed off at hughes ruining their season and making southampton 99% sure of staying up. That i would pay to watch.

25 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Premier League have created this emphasis on the "top four" that it means more than actually winning a trophy hahha. Give us a trophy any day.

Although they laughed at arsenal for them saying the same thing for years...

Guest seanfox778
25 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Or stoke let swansea score 10 goals due to being pissed off at hughes ruining their season and making southampton 99% sure of staying up. That i would pay to watch.

If this were to happen, what kind of trouble, if any, would Stoke get into? I remember Wolves getting fined for fielding a weakened team against Man Utd once but this is a bit different. I would find it so funny if it did occur. 

7 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

If this were to happen, what kind of trouble, if any, would Stoke get into? I remember Wolves getting fined for fielding a weakened team against Man Utd once but this is a bit different. I would find it so funny if it did occur. 

Probably get a big fine

11 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

they wouldn't have to field a weaker side, just not make it obvious they were letting 10 goals in.

With it likely we're going to finish ninth, and on the assumption we lose to Spurs as Kane chases the golden ball, here is a list of our finishes in the PL and points totals

94/95 - 29pts, 22nd place (R)

96/97 - 47pts, 9th place

97/98 - 53pts, 10th place

98/99 - 49pts, 10th place

99/00 - 55pts, 8th place

00/01 - 48pts, 13th place

01/02 - 28pts, 20th place (R)

03/04 - 33pts, 18th place (R)

14/14 - 41pts, 14th place

15/16 - 81pts, 1st place :thumbup: :thumbup:

16/17 - 44pts, 12th place

17/18 - 47pts, 9th place

Absolutely amazing that in six seasons since, we've only managed to beat Peter Taylor's points total once** lol

*assuming we don't get anything from Sunday

And I'm getting pretty tenuous at this point, but it's only our fourth single digit placing in 12 seasons. Makes 2015-16 even more incredible.

• Like 1