Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

34 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Garth Crooks' team of the season is in and...

_101529774_garth.jpg

Ashley Young at LB, and Rafa Benitez manager of the season? 

u-wot-m8-c5brd4.jpg

Dunk? Not one Burnley player either?

20 hours ago, brucey said:

I get the impression that he isn't staying at Swansea

Funny that.

He was keen to stay not long after signing and they got to 30 points.

Now he's on about wishing the club all the best !

Can't blame him though, I'd stay on my big contract at Leicester If I was him!

• Sad 1

On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 08:50, jammie82uk said:

Seems to have a hatred for Watford as well 

lol 2 wins all season for Huddersfield !!!

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Garth Crooks' team of the season is in and...

_101529774_garth.jpg

Ashley Young at LB, and Rafa Benitez manager of the season? 

u-wot-m8-c5brd4.jpg

Right.

Firstly, Young has played at left-back all season for Utd. Don't see anything wrong with that inclusion.

Secondly, you've used the wrong caption in the wrong meme and that has proper pissed me off.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Young has played at left-back all season for Utd. Don't see anything wrong with that inclusion.

It‘s got more to do with the fact that Crooks‘ inclusion of Young is a debatable choice.

Personally, I’d say Ben Davies or Monreal were much better.

7 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

It‘s got more to do with the fact that Crooks‘ inclusion of Young is a debatable choice.

Personally, I’d say Ben Davies or Monreal were much better.

Young has been consistent all season at left back. Davies is a maybe, Monreal a no chance lol. Robertson came good at the end of the season but not the whole season. Delph deputised well but wouldn't make a team of the season. There are plenty of better left backs in the league, but none have played well or enough or have been injured, e.g. Rose, or Bertrand.

8 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Everton binning Allardyce and getting Big Marco in by the sounds of it.

Sidewards step for me. They may play more 'entertaining' football, but I don't think they'd be as effective as they would under Sam.

6 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Sidewards step for me. They may play more 'entertaining' football, but I don't think they'd be as effective as they would under Sam.

Seems Like Everton haven't learnt anything,and Started again chasing the Name.

If They kept to Sam,He would get them chasing top 5,with a Outcome of 8-6th,

but playing good Football......IMO...Sam is OTT...underrated.

Marco,will either See the Team slipping Into Diva Mode....or actually Break Into top

6 ,on a consistent basis,If they Spend big and wise.

IMO, Everton should be consistently playing in the Mode at a Spurs Type of Level.

But Like all of PL Teams Fighting for a Higher recognition , they have to earn it.

That Starts first at the Players feet and attitude.I honestly dont Know why Koeman failed

there.

Silva to Everton means that either we're spending big for Rafa, or sticking with Puel. I think it's the latter and not the former; Rafa is hopeful that a sale of Newcastle will bring in big spending owners.

Puel aint going anywhere. 

Im on the fence with this guy. I dont want to keep firing managers because each time we do is a set back.

Finding it really hard to trust our summer transfer budget with him given our rubbish performance this season. That said he is using players signed before his time. 

I dont see many options to chose from (that would be interested) and with everton and west ham looking for managers the pool of applicants will shrink.

In king power i trust.

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Seems Like Everton haven't learnt anything,and Started again chasing the Name.

If They kept to Sam,He would get them chasing top 5,with a Outcome of 8-6th,

but playing good Football......IMO...Sam is OTT...underrated.

Marco,will either See the Team slipping Into Diva Mode....or actually Break Into top

6 ,on a consistent basis,If they Spend big and wise.

IMO, Everton should be consistently playing in the Mode at a Spurs Type of Level.

But Like all of PL Teams Fighting for a Higher recognition , they have to earn it.

That Starts first at the Players feet and attitude.I honestly dont Know why Koeman failed

there.

Fat Sam is not capable of taking any team to top 5. His game plan is a zero zero tie. He is the anti-christ of football

Allardyce won't be out of a job for long. He'll be at Cardiff in October when Cardiff sack Warnock. 

Edited by Koke

13 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Young has been consistent all season at left back. Davies is a maybe, Monreal a no chance lol. Robertson came good at the end of the season but not the whole season. Delph deputised well but wouldn't make a team of the season. There are plenty of better left backs in the league, but none have played well or enough or have been injured, e.g. Rose, or Bertrand.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

A debate about the best left back this season and not one person mentioning Andy Robertson! lol 

6fe.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Feel more for Swansea fans than anyone else.

Shouldn't have got rid of Laudrup, being fired long too long after giving them their first trophy in a decade.

Once Jenkins got the American businessmen on board at the club, supporter content and confidence in the board appears like it had/still has declined rapidly - as if the system and club organisation that served them well from their rise from League Two to the Premier League has started to be erased for the chairman's own greed.

If they aren't careful, could see them struggling eventually to where Sunderland are currently at.

Edited by Wymeswold fox