Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Got to say, I think Huddersfield will be going down - there's no way they're getting anything from a Chelsea side still gunning for the top 4 and Arsenal at Wenger's last ever game. Still think Wagner has done a great job though, it was a huge ask.

7 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Hopefully Swansea go, they've been stinking the place out for years.

Yeah they're like the new Sunderland.

Hopefully Huddersfield can stay up.

Seeing the celebrations in the Southampton dressing room it would be hilarious to see them get battered by Man City and Stoke roll over for Swansea. Unlikely but you never know, if Man City win tonight then they'll be gunning for 100 points. Stoke would probably have to score own goals though because Swansea are shite.

20 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Good to see you contributing again, Bert. Wrong thread I know, but do you have any ITK about our managerial situation?

No mate sorry. 

14 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

We don’t need 2 welsh clubs in the Premier, I’d also like to see Villa up in the play offs, a traditional top flight club.

Really hope Villa don't make it up. They still think they're bigger than us. Would secretly like Derby so that we can have a real Derby.

Can see Huddersfield losing both games easily but can Swansea get a win - that's the question. Whichever team stay up is fine with me as they should be relegation fodder next year too.

Remember when fans wanted Carvalho at Leicester saying how great he is - well there you go! Wagner still could get his team relegated - and FTers want him - well there you go!

Time for FTers to be calling for the WBA manager to take our team over - look at his prem record.

3 hours ago, Bert said:

Can see Huddersfield losing both and Swansea staying up. Hope they go down though Swansea. Gets an awful away day off the list. Huddersfield are 5/2 to go down and looking at their fixtures I think that's a great price. 

great price can't see them getting anything but battered in there next two

4 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6234292/premier-league-fixtures-big-six-arrangement/

I know its the sun so take with grain of salt but i wouldnt be surprised this happens. Would need to double check the fixtures list of the past seasons too.

Not too sure if it's a thing. Surely the Premier League want the entertainment of a final day game for a Champions League spot?

20 hours ago, sishades said:

I went to see SC play Bournmouth earlier in the year and it was one of the worst football weekends I have ever had.

Do tell? Crap game? sh*t beer? Dirty protests? 

Awful game, sat next to "The Nutter" who spent the game trying to take photos of me, varbally abused, train 1 hour late and overcrowded (both ways) so we all had to sit on the floor and the hotel was no better than a hole in the ground.

20 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Swansea down as it stands.

Not officially. And it wouldn't be impossible for them to beat Stoke and Man City to trounce Southampton to get a the goal difference swing needed. 

Edited by Facecloth

20 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Not officially. And it wouldn't be impossible for them to beat Stoke and Man City to trounce Southampton to get a the goal difference swing needed. 

The likelihood of that happening is about 5000/1. :ph34r:

But it's going to make for an entertaining last Premier League weekend this season.