Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Chelsea are so flat, the worst defence of a title since....and I called it at the start of the season asking could Moratta go out week in week out and be as effective as Costa was last season. I just couldn't see it and then came the home game v Man City when he gets injured and they choose to play on without a striker. Champions, at home, no striker! Maybe Conte has been let down badly by recruitment but they've been such poor value considering their assets.

If Conte goes maybe Drinky and Barkley will get a second chance, if not they may become available.

27 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Shame to see Swansea go down, but they seem to have really lost their way. Wonder what this means for Kingy's future?

I would reckon that they would be odds on to sign him. He' a very good championship player. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

Chelsea are so flat, the worst defence of a title since....and I called it at the start of the season asking could Moratta go out week in week out and be as effective as Costa was last season. I just couldn't see it and then came the home game v Man City when he gets injured and they choose to play on without a striker. Champions, at home, no striker! Maybe Conte has been let down badly by recruitment but they've been such poor value considering their assets.

If Conte goes maybe Drinky and Barkley will get a second chance, if not they may become available.

The decision to force out Costa looks a shocker now. Great player in my opinion. The sort of nasty bastard you love having in your side. 

Conte looks like he gave up weeks ago. Seems desperate to get out of Chelsea as soon as he can.

2 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Shame to see Swansea go down, but they seem to have really lost their way. Wonder what this means for Kingy's future?

I get the impression that he isn't staying at Swansea

• Like 3

1 minute ago, brucey said:

I get the impression that he isn't staying at Swansea

Won't accept a cut in wages.

8 minutes ago, FIF said:

Won't accept a cut in wages.

He’s proved he can do a job for a lower prem side so no reason for him to accept a cut. He’ll go to a promoted side or someone who finished bottom half. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him at Derby if they come up. 

Wonder if Kante will want out of Chelsea now with no champions league football next season. If he stays he might never get as far as we did in the champions league. Hardly worth selling his soul for one league title and the europa league was it?

Edited by Rogstanley

Poor from Swansea.

Losing to Manchester City in the form they are in is acceptable, but then to lose the next and last four matches of the season by a single goal each?

Three goals scored in the past nine matches. Yikes.

Carlos Carvalhal ending up where he left off when he quit Sheffield Wednesday - in the Championship. Progress.

Edited by MC Prussian

Guest seanfox778
34 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Wonder if Kante will want out of Chelsea now with no champions league football next season. If he stays he might never get as far as we did in the champions league. Hardly worth selling his soul for one league title and the europa league was it?

I think Liverpool should put a sneaky bid in and see if he fancies Champions League football with them. Him stealing the ball in midfield and releasing Liverpool’s forward players could be unstoppable. He’ll probably end up at PSG or Real Madrid though.

9 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

I think Liverpool should put a sneaky bid in and see if he fancies Champions League football with them. Him stealing the ball in midfield and releasing Liverpool’s forward players could be unstoppable. He’ll probably end up at PSG or Real Madrid though.

Liverpool couldn't afford him and Keita in the same summer. If he leaves Chelsea, which is unlikely, it'll be to Real or PSG.

1 hour ago, Rogstanley said:

Real in for neymar and kante? Lol