Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

5 hours ago, Koke said:

I've come full circle with Klopp. I dont rate him. He is tactically inept and can't organise a defence  Pochettino is a vastly superior coach. I used to think it was harsh that people called Klopp a passion merchant but thats what he is. Average at best. His systems hangs his already average defenders out to dry. 

Pochettino rarely makes the same mistakes twice. Klopp is in his 3rd season at Liverpool and is still making the same errors. 

Liverpool will entertain us but they will not win anything or even challenge for the league wirh Klopp.

I rather agree with you.  I believe he's a good manager, but not a great one.  He should be doing much better with the players he has.  

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Newcastle have had a ****ing easy start - West Ham, Stoke at home and Swansea, Huddersfield and Brighton away. Shakespeare would have loved that start!

Not only Shakey would have liked it... thats why i think people should be less judgemental and wait till we start playing these teams and then see where we are in the league :D

• Like 1

I'm quite indifferent to Spurs, don't really hate them like most on here but I am going to enjoy it when they're dismantled and Pochettino takes up a much larger job, Eriksen, Alli and Kane **** off leaving them to fade back into North London Everton. Marco Silva will end up there if he's not snapped up sooner.

10 hours ago, Koke said:

I've come full circle with Klopp. I dont rate him. He is tactically inept and can't organise a defence  Pochettino is a vastly superior coach. I used to think it was harsh that people called Klopp a passion merchant but thats what he is. Average at best. His systems hangs his already average defenders out to dry. 

Pochettino rarely makes the same mistakes twice. Klopp is in his 3rd season at Liverpool and is still making the same errors. 

Liverpool will entertain us but they will not win anything or even challenge for the league wirh Klopp.

Agree fully. Pochettino is top class, and for me the glue that holds this Spurs side together. Klopp won't win anything at Liverpool. He's a more extreme Rodgers.

1 hour ago, Wookie said:

I'm quite indifferent to Spurs, don't really hate them like most on here but I am going to enjoy it when they're dismantled and Pochettino takes up a much larger job, Eriksen, Alli and Kane **** off leaving them to fade back into North London Everton. Marco Silva will end up there if he's not snapped up sooner.

same. I like most of their players and the way they play but it's their fans that do my head in sometimes. They have a sense of entitlement despite winning next to nothing in the recent past. 

It's only a matter of time before the 3 you mention and even Vertonghen and Alderweireld look for moves to bigger and more successful clubs. Can see Alli going to Man City or Man Utd within the next 2 years. Eriksen and Kane could go to any big club to be honest. 

10 hours ago, Koke said:

With both him and Spurs team highly-rated, so why haven't they attained any trophy so far?

They almost won the title in the season we won it, and they're a side that will really challenge but fall at a near-final hurdle.

Must be a mental thing with them?

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

That table really is just mental lol Southampton and West Ham above Liverpool, Stoke above Chelsea, Aston Villa 17 points off 19th, and then of course the true shock.... Arsenal above 4th.

The funny thing is apart from the top 4 and Chelsea managing to climb all the way up to TENTH after their horror show first half of the season, I don't think I ever really paid much attention to the rest of the table... it's all fvcking nuts!

West Ham were only 4 points off the top 4, wtf that never happened

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

21 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

With both him and Spurs team highly-rated, so why haven't they attained any trophy so far?

They almost won the title in the season we won it, and they're a side that will really challenge but fall at a near-final hurdle.

Must be a mental thing with them?

Almost won the title?? 

They finished ELEVEN points adrift!! 

Bottling C**ts! 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

The funny thing is apart from the top 4 and Chelsea managing to climb all the way up to TENTH after their horror show first half of the season, I don't think I ever really paid much attention to the rest of the table... it's all fvcking nuts!

During the great escape I cant remember much about what teams we needed to slip up  or who we needed to beat (apart from Burnley away).

At the end of 2015 when the unthinkable was starting to look like it was on you start to look around you and wonder who needs to lose or draw.

So many of the results we wanted to go our way happened. One of the main reasons why we were so far ahead at the finish.

59 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

West Ham did us so many favours, we just didn't realise it until quite late on. They went on that ridiculous run early doors of beating nearly all the top sides and of course got that win over Spurs too. They had a great season but fell off a little.

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

same. I like most of their players and the way they play but it's their fans that do my head in sometimes. They have a sense of entitlement despite winning next to nothing in the recent past. 

It's only a matter of time before the 3 you mention and even Vertonghen and Alderweireld look for moves to bigger and more successful clubs. Can see Alli going to Man City or Man Utd within the next 2 years. Eriksen and Kane could go to any big club to be honest. 

Alderweireld and Vertonghen could both end up at Man City too, both very good in the ball, can actually defend and both are used to pressing high. Spurs wouldn't sell both though.

9 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Mental when you think about it. I didn't pay attention to anything below 4th and didn't realise West Ham were that close to Champions League football. 

They did us a lot of favours though that season.