Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Koeman being interviewed after last night's match stating publically that his players 'are afraid to play forward'

Bizarre stuff at Everton at the mo.

Koeman strikes me as being hard work when the chips are down, more whingey than uplifting. I personally think he's only got himself to blame with his signings and the way he sets up the team, they're not exactly gung-ho.

Benteke out till end of November could be the nail in the Palace coffin that we all hope for. What are the chances they still have 0 points when he returns?

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Apparently, over the Christmas period, Liverpool have 4 games over 9 days..

Hope ours isn't too bad, considering we're not in European competition..

We have the same-

Man United 23rd, Watford 26th, Liverpool 30th, Huddersfield 1st Jan. Same amount of games as all other clubs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Apparently, over the Christmas period, Liverpool have 4 games over 9 days..

Hope ours isn't too bad, considering we're not in European competition..

Weirdly every single team in England will be playing a lot of games over a short period of time at Christmas.

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Weirdly every single team in England will be playing a lot of games over a short period of time at Christmas.

Just glad we've got a big enough squad in-depth to cope.

I don't know why Klopp in particular is moaning about it, although it's linked with him also moaning about them likely to play on 24th December.

If it's true the FA are thinking of introducing a winter break, not sure if this would make the fixture list worse after the Christmas period..

Edited by Wymeswold fox

5 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Just glad we've got a big enough squad in-depth to cope.

I don't know why Klopp in particular is moaning about it, although it's linked with him also moaning about them likely to play on 24th December.

If it's true the FA are thinking of introducing a winter break, not sure if this would make the fixture list worse after the Christmas period..

Yeah I guess that's why they were singled out. Let's hope we don't have any more injuries in central midfield or we could be looking at fielding an Amartey/Choudhury CM partnership at this rate! haha

Purely from a selfish point of view, I'd hate to see a winter break come in. Going out with my mates and watching the footie on boxing day is a tradition I'd hate to lose.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

Isn't it so surprising that it's Liverpool who are singled out though eh. There's a massive culture of excuses surrounding that club. Nearly as bad as Arsenal.

As for the winter break... I'd definitely do something about the absolute mess of fixtures around Christmas, and look to probably allocate one (say Huddersfield at home for us this year) to another point of the season, maybe even at the start or the end.

But I'm well opposed to an actual break. Anyone who thinks the top clubs will use a winter break to do anything but play PSG and Barcelona in Malaysia and Qatar is kidding themselves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

And what conclusion is to be drawn from that?

Surely you are the person who is supposed to draw a conclusion from a statement not me.

14 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

As for the winter break... I'd definitely do something about the absolute mess of fixtures around Christmas, and look to probably allocate one (say Huddersfield at home for us this year) to another point of the season, maybe even at the start or the end.

But I'm well opposed to an actual break. Anyone who thinks the top clubs will use a winter break to do anything but play PSG and Barcelona in Malaysia and Qatar is kidding themselves.

Making European competitions straight knockout over two legs and reducing a couple of rounds would allow the chance to spread the league season out. How many weeks of the season does Europe take up? 

If you suggested that taking group stages away, would they agree? Of course not.