Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

No we spent 22m on a player that can't play for half the season. Then 10 more games for him to get fit and used to the prem. Then we have that chance he can't hack it in the prem.

Alright sweetheart don't want to argue! 

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

I stand by Liverpool are, somehow, even worse at the back than us.

Maguire and Schmeichel* would walk into their side.

* If he gets his arse back in gear.

This isn't outlandish, it's bang on.

Klopp should have spent the Ox money on Kasper. Glad he didn't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Everton haven’t been relegated for about 60 years.

They’ll not go down. There’s too many worse sides.

Who knows?

What was interesting this weekend was that two of the bottom three sides won away from home and all three promoted clubs won. That just makes you think that any three from fourteen can still be relegated.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I think Koeman's record really is up and down. Seems dependent on having the right players signed for him. At Everton, he's never appeared to want to adapt the team with what tools he has available. Southampton was so different though. 

Southampton is managed to a uniquely successful model where aligning recruitment-analysis-coaching-development is the main priority, and the vice chairman is the real power and decision maker.  They will not recruit a manager who is unlikely to succeed with the existing roster or pipeline.  No manager will be able to make major changes, outside deploying the squad.

I would argue that results at Everton are a truer reflection of Koeman's input and ability, than at Southampton.

Of course I would also offer a package of Rudkin plus any player in our squad for Les Reed, so I'm crazy ...

6 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

He gets stick on here especially after his Twitter fail. But Kane is class. Nearly scores then chases back 70 metres to cover. 

i know this doesn't say much but, he is probably the most liked spurs player on this forum

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chester Dontlie said:

I was looking forward to immersing myself in the seediness of the Fighting Cocks forum later today. I trust Liverpool wont deprive me of this little indulgence...

Get help mate.  Sooner the better

• Haha 1