Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Read this morning (for all the John Stones haters on here) that he has the best pass completion rate (96.7%) of any player in Europe and that Man City have conceded just 4 goals in 9 games.

:o

Vardy always gives him a torrid time, but he's certainly evolving in a very successful team.

12 minutes ago, Corky said:

Does the sound seem really odd for anyone else? The crowd seems distant and even the commentators don't sound as they usually do.

They're probably facing the walls to save them putting up with the shat on the pitch.

5 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Read this morning (for all the John Stones haters on here) that he has the best pass completion rate (96.7%) of any player in Europe and that Man City have conceded just 4 goals in 9 games.

:o

People will always criticise him for the mistakes he makes because 90% of them are avoidable. 

I rate him, don’t get me wrong but I bet the article you read didn’t include his tackle/ blocks/ interception stats. As a defender these are far more important.

He is good but far from the finished article.

btw I’ve not looked at said stats but I’d be surprised if he’s in the top 5.

Some might say as a big team these figures would be lower anyway, but that would also indicate that a defender could have a high passing success rate as well (few teams play a high pressing game against M.city) .

I just think ‘defensively’ he’s naive, going forward, he can be exhilarating....but so can Amartey lol

6 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

I think he could be signed as a free agent.

We're well stocked on midfielders though surely?

James to return from injury, Silva in Jan, and presumably Mendy coming back into the fold.

Has he done any coaching badges?

18 minutes ago, brucey said:

We're well stocked on midfielders though surely?

James to return from injury, Silva in Jan, and presumably Mendy coming back into the fold.

Has he done any coaching badges?

It's still a couple months to January and Mendy is going to be in France until the end of the season...I could see some interest there.