Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Think he as good as admitted that mate, look at King too this season too, definitely had one. David Silva has as well.

King has coloured his hairline in on one of the pictures of him in the corridor to the dressing room. He's not happy with it. Probably will get one if he didn't already in the summer 

46 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Just brainless tactics by Bilic. Why have that many forward?

You can't blame Bilic for 4 people being that far up the pitch at that time in the game and for Antonio effectively giving it straight back to their keeper.

That's down to stupid decision making not tactics.

6 hours ago, Mrfox452 said:

That's a bit harsh imo. This is a player that played a vital part in promotion to the premier league and a vital role in winning the Premier league.

Sadly opinions like that don't surprise me on this forum.

DD will be a Leicester legend forever after he retires, but for now, while he plays for Chelsea, he is the enemy.

That's how it works.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Fingers crossed West Ham go down

Quite agree.

The media sometimes have unnecessary craving for them, and their fans can be quite bitter. The new ground, which obviously isn't specifically catered for football matches and paid for by the tax-payers, makes me detest them further as a club.

Actually prefer Stoke and West Brom to them.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

34 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Quite agree.

The media sometimes have unnecessary craving for them, and their fans can be quite bitter. The new ground, which obviously isn't specifically catered for football matches and paid for by the tax-payers, makes me detest them further as a club.

For some weird reason they are the trendy team over here. 

As much as it was brainless decision making from Antonio, the rest of their play in the build up to the equaliser was awful. You can see forward players idly jogging about not even trying to get back, the midfield don't press the ball carrier and let him advance unchallenged, and then once the ball is in the box Kouyate should be ushering Zaha to the touchline and closing the space behind him to prevent him turning. The focus and concentration of the West Ham players should be a big concern for Bilic. 

In all honesty the Palace first goal was just as bad, what on earth was going through Ogbonna's head! Absolutely no need whatsoever to make the challenge, let alone an ill timed one. If I was Bilic I'd be furious. 

58 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Deary me whats occurring with Sunderland ..  biggest gate in the Championship yesterday but sitting one place off bottom and several teams above them with a game in hand ....    just reminds me what could happen ...

What else is there to do in Sunderland on a Saturday afternoon?..

Think they're quite brave tbh.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Shawcross as well.

Certainly got rather ugly at the end and both can expect some sort of ban to come.

I'll have to watch it again, because I didn't think Shawcross did too much. Deeney grabs Allen a gouges his face with his fingers, also pushes Shawcross over. Everyone else just looked like they were trying to break it up, don't remember Shawcross doing any thing that stood out from anyone else.

6 minutes ago, Turbogre said:

Shawcross didn't do anything wrong.

Deeney is a thug, disgusting player and person.

Steady on! I’ve seen plenty of people praising him on here. Not like we haven’t had some dubious players on our books down the years