Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Just now, the fox said:

You won't be laughing when the team plays Liverpool.

Here we go, you're inflicting your African bias and nobody else is entitled to an opinion and there is no way you could possibly be wrong.

Give it a rest, you're boring.

36 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Here we go, you're inflicting your African bias and nobody else is entitled to an opinion and there is no way you could possibly be wrong.

If Liverpool some how land Aubamayang they will look like this up top:

---------------------------Aubamayang----------------------------------------

----Salah-----------------Coutinho-----------------------------mane--------

If that happens I'm lumping on Liverpool to win the treble next year.

3 minutes ago, Benguin said:

They won't get Aubamayang and you seem to be forgetting that Salah, along with the 7 other players behind him, that you haven't mentioned, are dogshit. 

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

They won't get Aubamayang and you seem to be forgetting that Salah, along with the 7 other players behind him, that you haven't mentioned, are dogshit. 

If you says so

44 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

50 minutes ago, Benguin said:

Liverpools issues aren't with the forward players, their problems are at the back

• Like 3

I always thought Salah was decent when Chelsea let him get off the bench, just struck me as another one that Jose didn't agree with and could well turn out to be another De Bruyne for a new team. 

We shall see! 

Huddersfield sign Belgian striker Laurent Depoitre for a club-record fee.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40389894

If that's the type of player they're going for, they're screwed.

Although thinking of Bournemouth in their first season the Premier League, hmm...

Feels as if the Terriers are copying Burnley's model.

22 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

So because player x frome Serie A had good stats, that means he'll be good in the Premier League? 

Not necessarily but he's not dogshit is he? 

I won't believe that the top sides will be genuinely very good until I actually see it happen. Year upon year we're told about how they'll be so strong yet the majority flatter to deceive. Only genuinely quality sides in the division last season were Chelsea and Tottenham (and even Spurs got embarrassed in Europe). Liverpool and Man City were shocking at the back, Man Utd couldn't beat anyone crap at home (bar us lol) and Arsenal were just Arsenal.

They ought to be better given what they spend but we've been saying it years.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Nice touch from the Huddersfield chairman. Not sure many chairman would have honoured their promise in the same situation. 

Screenshot_20170624-144724.thumb.png.d24f1d923cdf6b70059ec0244dbbf5de.png

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/23/huddersfield-fans-premier-league-games-chairman-pledge

Nice but he should honour it shouldn't he?, if they lose a bit from reduced prices it will pale into insignificance when the TV millions pile in.

2 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Nice but he should honour it shouldn't he?, if they lose a bit from reduced prices it will pale into insignificance when the TV millions pile in.

I agree with you Ronnie but like I say, I bet some other chairman would've found a reason not to honour it in the same situation. Premier League riches can do funny things to people.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I agree with you Ronnie but like I say, I bet some other chairman would've found a reason not to honour it in the same situation. Premier League riches can do funny things to people.

You're probably right, at least some fans will get to watch premier league football cheaply.

• Like 2

I can see Liverpool having the same problems they had last season, because teams will sit back and not allow Salah/Mane any space to run into and neither are creative enough to unlock defences. Coutinho is their most creative player but even he struggled last year against packed defences.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, tom27111 said:

lol , it's my African bias now lol ? . that's is so ridiculous I don't even know how to respond

• Like 2