Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 07:45, Col city fan said:

Shows again how easily 'young starlets' can drift away. Zeki Fryers and Yaya Sanogo to name but two players who were considered to have really bright futures in the game, now released.

But you think that these sort of young players shouldn't be given game time. Make your mind up.

18 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Pretty sure him, Aubameyang and Aguero would score more than Kane if Aguero played more than 3 games in a season 

You do realise Kane missed a big chunk of this year too? He's absolutely class in the prem, if he was Argentinian people would rate him higher than Aguero

3 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

You do realise Kane missed a big chunk of this year too? He's absolutely class in the prem, if he was Argentinian people would rate him higher than Aguero

Kane was out for about 2 months yeah? Very impressive record he has.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Don't think the Derby fans are too happy with us getting Will Hughes for just 4.5 million..

I like him but he seems too injury prone to reach his potential

pearson will have seen him close up and I expect he chats to shakey enough to have tipped him off if he felt he was worth a punt.

• Like 2

On 2017-6-21 at 17:28, Facecloth said:

They never really had the talent though, Sanogo especially was built up as having potential without actually doing anything. Most young players who come through the big teams youth ranks get the same treatment. Emmanuel Frimpong, Tyler Blackett, and Partick Bamford are three off the top of my head who were touted as the next big thing before really playing in the first team and quickly fell down the the leagues when it became clear they weren't going to be good enough anytime soon. It'll no doubt be the same with most of Patrick Roberts, Nathaniel Chalobah, Reuben Loftus-Cheek, Dominic Solanke, Tammy Abrams, the raft of yougster Man Utd gave the odd game to earlier this season, and Ben Woodburn.

It's a bloody shame they don't get the chance isn't it. I detest Spurs but fair play to them for giving Alli the chance...and look what happened.

It's such a cut throat, short termist, win at all costs game that so many of the younger lads don't get the chance. For instance, aren't Chelsea now linked with a young midfielder from Monaco for 30 mill?

I don't know the answer.. Possibly a cap on how many overseas players you can have in your squad or first team

On 2017-6-22 at 06:46, Grantham Fox said:

Kane will have quite some competition. Will be really good to watch, I agree. 

We'll give it to him giftwrapped again on the last day of the season if he needs a few to win it, don't worry.

Southampton have appointed Mauricio Pellegrino as their new manager.

Also Sky sources understand Arsenal are in talks to sign Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette.

Lyon president Jean-Michel has told Lacazette he will let him leave for €50m (£44m) this summer.

3 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Southampton have appointed Mauricio Pellegrino as their new manager.

Also Sky sources understand Arsenal are in talks to sign Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette.

Lyon president Jean-Michel has told Lacazette he will let him leave for €50m (£44m) this summer.

Interesting hire for Southampton. Wonder what effect that will have on player retention. Certainly increases their expectations for next season.

Lacazette would probably break their budget for Mahrez? I can't see them making two £30 million + signings

17 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Interesting hire for Southampton. Wonder what effect that will have on player retention. Certainly increases their expectations for next season.

Lacazette would probably break their budget for Mahrez? I can't see them making two £30 million + signings

Depends if they want to appease the fans,

Arsenal are due a spending spree, they have the money in the bank to do it 

On 21/06/2017 at 16:41, jammie82uk said:

The way things might be going we could have the best strikers in the world all playing in the premier league 

More like the best strikers in the worlds agents are using the threat of coming to the premier league to get a new contract and more money where they are already.

If he comes to the premier league this season I'll show my arse in Tesco window and post the evidence on here. 

Edited by Unclenobhead
Spelt arse wrong