Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

1 hour ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Perez won't sell Ronaldo 

Exactly this, He's worth too much to the club, no transfer fee will replace what they will lose in future sponsorship fees and merchandise sales 

• Like 1

On 2017-6-15 at 14:13, Walkers said:

Le Tissier slagged us off for sacking a guy that was taking us down, but is saying its fair enough Soton sacked Puel because despite having a season that their fans would have taken, the football wasn't that good.. lol what an utter bellend.

Aye, @StanSP even confronted him on Twitter about it and Matt Le Tissier just gave a limp wristed reply which just contradicted himself even more.  I would have posted their exchange but the conversation took place on Stan's twitter not mine so it is not really my place to post freely.  

Edited by The Blur

10 hours ago, The Blur said:

Aye, @StanSP even confronted him on Twitter about it and Matt Le Tissier just gave a limp wristed reply which just contradicted himself even more.  I would have posted their exchange but the conversation took place on Stan's twitter not mine so it is not really my place to post freely.  

haha you could have done it, i wouldn't have minded :D 

• Like 3

On 6/9/2017 at 16:24, jammie82uk said:
premier league have just revealed the who is going to be released list 

AFC Bournemouth

Buckley Callum Ralph
McCarthy Jake
Neale Matthew Alexander

Arsenal

Da Graca Kristopher Santos
O'Connor Stefan Ramone Sewell
Sanogo Yaya

Burnley

Barton Joseph
Green George William
Hill Christian Stephen
Kightly Michael John
Olomowewe Taofiq Aderibigbe Akanni
Pingling Richard Junior George

Chelsea

Davey Alex James
Terry John George

Crystal Palace

Andrews Corie Anthony
Appiah Kwesi
Benteke Jonathan
Campbell Fraizer Lee
Croll Luke Alan
Flamini Mathieu
Fryers Ezekiel David
King-Elliott Ryan
Ledley Joseph Christopher
Williams Randell
Wynter Ben Douglas

Everton

Bainbridge Jack
Brewster Delial Edmund
Donohue Michael John
Duffus Tyrone Errol
Griffiths Russell John
Hunt Connor Charles
Kone Arouna
McAleny Conor Michael
Yarney Josef Charles
Yates James John

Hull City

Bruce Alex Stephen
Lofts Luke
Maloney Shaun Richard
Maslen-Jones Bradley
Ter Horst Johan

Leicester City

Cain Michael Dean
Domej David
Fox Brandon Levi
Kipre Cedric
Miles Matthew Richard
Mitchell Kairo Ellis
Wasilewski Marcin

Liverpool

Brewitt Tom
Brimmer Jake
Dunn Jack
Gomes Aju Madger Antonio
Lewis Kane
Manninger Alexander
Phillips Adam Lee

Manchester City

Bullock Callum
Caballero Lazcano Wilfredo Daniel
Clichy Gael
Navas Jesus
O'Brien Billy Thomas
Plummer Ellis Kane
Sagna Bacary
Zabaleta Girod Pablo Javier

Manchester United

Ibrahimovic Zlatan

Middlesbrough

Fewster Bradley William
Konstantopoulos Dimitrios
Maloney Lewis Terence James
Mondal Junior
Wheatley Josef James

Southampton

Caceres Silva Jose Martin
Isgrove Lloyd Jeffrey
Martina Rhu-Endly Aurelio Jean-Carlo
Willard Harley Bryn

Stoke City

Bachmann Daniel
Edwards Liam
Given Shay John James
Isted Harvey James Duke
Taylor Joel
Waring George Philip

Sunderland

Anichebe Victor Chinedu
Brady George
Buckley William Edward
Casey Dan Patrick
Kirchhoff Jan Tilman
Larsson Sebastian Bengt Ulf
Lawson Carl
Lescott Joleon Patrick
O'Shea John Francis
Pain Oliver David
Pienaar Steven

Swansea City

Dyson Thomas Jonathan
Emnes Marvin
Holland Thomas
Jones Owain Rhys
Samuel Alexander Kinloch
Shephard Liam
Tremmel Gerhard
Vickers Josh

Tottenham Hotspur

Lesniak Filip

Watford

Adeyemo Ola
Bannister Charlie Brendan Alec
Gilmartin Rene
Moreno Fuertes Juan Francisco
Obi Ogochukwu Alexander
Ovenden Rhyle
Ranegie Mathias

West Bromwich Albion

Barbir Daniel
Elbouzedi Zachary
Fletcher Darren Barr
Jones Callam
Pocognoli Sebastien
Rose Jack Joseph
Wright Andre

West Ham United

Arbeloa Coca Alvaro
Ford Samuel George
Howes Samuel Scott
Knoyle Kyle
Westley Samuel Edward

Shows again how easily 'young starlets' can drift away. Zeki Fryers and Yaya Sanogo to name but two players who were considered to have really bright futures in the game, now released.

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Robert Lewandowski possibly leaving Bayern for Chelsea or Manchester United... Surely with slimani disappointing this season and relying on Vardy for goals we could hijack any move????

The way things might be going we could have the best strikers in the world all playing in the premier league 

9 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Shows again how easily 'young starlets' can drift away. Zeki Fryers and Yaya Sanogo to name but two players who were considered to have really bright futures in the game, now released.

They never really had the talent though, Sanogo especially was built up as having potential without actually doing anything. Most young players who come through the big teams youth ranks get the same treatment. Emmanuel Frimpong, Tyler Blackett, and Partick Bamford are three off the top of my head who were touted as the next big thing before really playing in the first team and quickly fell down the the leagues when it became clear they weren't going to be good enough anytime soon. It'll no doubt be the same with most of Patrick Roberts, Nathaniel Chalobah, Reuben Loftus-Cheek, Dominic Solanke, Tammy Abrams, the raft of yougster Man Utd gave the odd game to earlier this season, and Ben Woodburn.

37 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

They never really had the talent though, Sanogo especially was built up as having potential without actually doing anything. Most young players who come through the big teams youth ranks get the same treatment. Emmanuel Frimpong, Tyler Blackett, and Partick Bamford are three off the top of my head who were touted as the next big thing before really playing in the first team and quickly fell down the the leagues when it became clear they weren't going to be good enough anytime soon. It'll no doubt be the same with most of Patrick Roberts, Nathaniel Chalobah, Reuben Loftus-Cheek, Dominic Solanke, Tammy Abrams, the raft of yougster Man Utd gave the odd game to earlier this season, and Ben Woodburn.

Solanke and Abraham have won an under 20 World Cup and Abraham has scored 25 goals in the championship. They're obviously half decent. Chalobah and Loftus Cheek seem to be overhyped though.

23 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Solanke and Abraham have won an under 20 World Cup and Abraham has scored 25 goals in the championship. They're obviously half decent. Chalobah and Loftus Cheek seem to be overhyped though.

A few players scored 20 plus goals in the championship and struggled to step up, so we'll see, and winning a tournament, it's a few games, it's not a nailed on endorsement that they'll be top class premier league players. I want to see these players playing week in week out in a top flight before we start talking about them as stars or potential future stars. Dele Alli is the same age or younger than half of these and already has two very good seasons under his belt, when we've got players doing even half of that then we can start talking.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

A few players scored 20 plus goals in the championship and struggled to step up, so we'll see, and winning a tournament, it's a few games, it's not a nailed on endorsement that they'll be top class premier league players. I want to see these players playing week in week out in a top flight before we start talking about them as stars or potential future stars. Dele Alli is the same age or younger than half of these and already has two very good seasons under his belt, when we've got players doing even half of that then we can start talking.

Pretty much this. I know, with exceptions some mature later than others and have to wait longer to get a shot etc. However like you said in context, if you're good enough you're old enough. One of the commentators during the U20 final said about some players at that age are making the step up to the senior side ala Dele Alli, Rashford...

On a side note, look at Spain's u21 side, that will beat a lot of senior sides. We could've sent Alli, Dier, Rashford, Sterling to this u21 tournament, if we wanted to.

4 hours ago, Grantham Fox said:

Pretty much this. I know, with exceptions some mature later than others and have to wait longer to get a shot etc. However like you said in context, if you're good enough you're old enough. One of the commentators during the U20 final said about some players at that age are making the step up to the senior side ala Dele Alli, Rashford...

On a side note, look at Spain's u21 side, that will beat a lot of senior sides. We could've sent Alli, Dier, Rashford, Sterling to this u21 tournament, if we wanted to.

This is such a huge problem for our national set-up. World and Euro winning nations like Spain and Germany send their best youngsters to these things, even if they've already made the Seniors. It's all about experience and developing a winning mentality.

Clubs shouldn't have anywhere near as much influence on how often their youngsters play as they currently do.

6 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Back on topic, I really want teams in this league to sign Aubamayang, Lewandowski and Morata. That'd be one hell of a clash for the golden boot.

Kane will have quite some competition. Will be really good to watch, I agree. 

• Like 1