Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

keane is a lot better than maguire. and money doesn't really matter to anyone so "overspending" is not a barometer of good/bad transfer windows. and it especially doesn't matter to everton because their owner is beyond stupid rich. 

On 6/29/2017 at 06:35, lgfualol said:

3 year deal for Defoe at Bournemouth is a bit much

I agree but by all accounts he is phenomenal condition. I was skeptical about Zlatan at his age as well. Al long as Defoe stays healthy it could be a good deal. He sure as hell knows where the net is !!!

36 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

keane is a lot better than maguire. and money doesn't really matter to anyone so "overspending" is not a barometer of good/bad transfer windows. and it especially doesn't matter to everton because their owner is beyond stupid rich. 

He's not a lot better. I'd say Keane is quicker and slightly better in the air. Maguire is far superior with the ball at his feet and they both defend their box and defend like their lives depend on it. 

Edited by AmarteyAndChill

All Arsenal ever really needed the last couple of years was a top class striker and with them looking likely to sign Lacazette and if they can keep Sanchez then Wenger may feel he has finally a team to challenge for the title!

12 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

All Arsenal ever really needed the last couple of years was a top class striker and with them looking likely to sign Lacazette and if they can keep Sanchez then Wenger may feel he has finally a team to challenge for the title!

And a tough, ball-winning central midfielder, which wenger seems almost criminally reluctant to buy. Why he didn't go all out to get Kante i'll never understand.

1 hour ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Pickford has Potential but at present time he makes mistakes. Klaassn was awful against Man United and the Dutch league isn't great(Jansson scored 20 goals in that league). Sandro looks decent but is still very young. Keane is a decent CB.

If they lose Lukaku I reckon they will go backwards rather than forwards unless they add more quality. 

Every Ajax player was poor against United, mostly because of Bosz and besides there's as many hits as misses from the Eredivisie like Suarez. He's got a very good record for a midfielder and at international level too. It remains to be seen whether or not he will be a very good signing but on paper it looks that way. Sandro looks a coup too me, getting 15 in 29 or something like that in La Liga at 21 is good going and add in Keane, Pickford and Onyekuru (although he's being loaned out) are all at good ages as well.

There's quite a lot of change going on with that side and it's aways risky but I think they'll be better than the sum of their parts if/when Lukaku leaves unlike they are now as pretty much a one man team.

31 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Every Ajax player was poor against United, mostly because of Bosz and besides there's as many hits as misses from the Eredivisie like Suarez. He's got a very good record for a midfielder and at international level too. It remains to be seen whether or not he will be a very good signing but on paper it looks that way. Sandro looks a coup too me, getting 15 in 29 or something like that in La Liga at 21 is good going and add in Keane, Pickford and Onyekuru (although he's being loaned out) are all at good ages as well.

There's quite a lot of change going on with that side and it's aways risky but I think they'll be better than the sum of their parts if/when Lukaku leaves unlike they are now as pretty much a one man team.

The signings are not going to take them to the next level. I expect Everton to do worse in the league this season meaning teams like Bournemouth, Us, Saints can catch claim a European place. 

Edited by AmarteyAndChill

Guest ttfn
3 hours ago, foxes21 said:

I have to agree.

Lets be real Pickford isn't even in the top 10 best keepers in the league.

Courtois, Lloris, Cech, De Gea, Ederson, Heaton, Begovic, Butland, Foster & Schmeichel are all better than him.

Valdes, Fabianski, Forster & Romero are decent keepers too.

Keane (don't think they've actually signed him yet).. Hard to say if he's any better than Maguire.

Klaassen will have to adapt to the PL & many players from the Dutch league have failed.

On paper these players have bright futures. But as of right now, they aren't exactly game changers.

I'd have Pickford ahead of Heaton, Begovic and Foster for sure. 

He made several jaw-dropping saves last season and his distribution was ridiculously good in a team which didn't seem to actually want to play football last year.

Easily the best keeper Everton could have attracted and at 23 he's going to get much better. If we'd lost Schmeichel this summer (and of course we still might) I'd have been desperate for us to sign him.

The standard of goalkeeping in the Premier League is pretty good at the moment - there are about 10 decent keepers (you've mentioned lots of them). 

55 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I'd have Pickford ahead of Heaton, Begovic and Foster for sure. 

He made several jaw-dropping saves last season and his distribution was ridiculously good in a team which didn't seem to actually want to play football last year.

Easily the best keeper Everton could have attracted and at 23 he's going to get much better. If we'd lost Schmeichel this summer (and of course we still might) I'd have been desperate for us to sign him.

The standard of goalkeeping in the Premier League is pretty good at the moment - there are about 10 decent keepers (you've mentioned lots of them). 

Butland is better, same age. 

Guest ttfn
8 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Butland is better, same age. 

I'd agree (for now) but he's played about 100 more games in the top two divisions than Pickford, it's not a fair comparison at all, and there's no indication that Stoke are willing to sell Butland (who would represent something of a risk himself given his repeated injury setbacks).

Edited by ttfn

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 17:46, ajthefox said:

Not sure why anyone should be jealous that Everton signed Keane for nearly 30 million when we got Maguire for at most 17. Keane has more experience but an extra 10 mil? Not worth it imo.

Agree, Maguire looks like he could turn into a solid signing from what I have seen.

• Like 1