Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Does David Pleat intentionally mis pronounce names?

He's referred to Bakayoko as 'Baby-yoko' and bizarrely Batshhuayi as 'Batshire' on five live during the Chelsea game.

26 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

What actually happened? The BBC feed is confusing. He block a shot and break his leg? What? 

Got back to make the challenge and Rondon has gone to take the shot and kicked straight through the back of McCarthy's leg. Looks nasty on the stills.

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

Got back to make the challenge and Rondon has gone to take the shot and kicked straight through the back of McCarthy's leg. Looks nasty on the stills.

Rondon again...

7 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Remember when Burnley briefly occupying 4th spot was a bigger achievement than us winning the league? lol

And Dyche was superman. And Watford were 4th and Marco was miracle man.

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

Does David Pleat intentionally mis pronounce names?

He's referred to Bakayoko as 'Baby-yoko' and bizarrely Batshhuayi as 'Batshire' on five live during the Chelsea game.

Yes mate, remember him trying to say Joachim. also away from football .while driving around and getting lost he approached young ladies and the phrase "Excuse me Miss I appear to be lost can you direct me to A,B, C" was often mis pronounced and came out sounding more like "How much for a blow job and a knee trembler" allegedly

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

Rondon again...

Purely accidental, I've seen a clip of it. The balls there for Rondon to strike, he pulls his leg back, and at the exact moment his foot goes to strike the ball Mccarthy, coming from behind, puts his legs in the way and Rondon kicks the leg instead. It wasn't a bad tackle, it wasn't dangerous, it was just really really unlucky.

And the first thing Rondon does is chase the ref and call for the game to stop and a stretcher to come on.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Purely accidental, I've seen a clip of it. The balls there for Rondon to strike, he pulls his leg back, and at the exact moment his foot goes to strike the ball Mccarthy, coming from behind, puts his legs in the way and Rondon kicks the leg instead. It wasn't a bad tackle, it wasn't dangerous, it was just really really unlucky.

And the first thing Rondon does is chase the ref and call for the game to stop and a stretcher to come on.

Yes, you're right. Still don't like him though, way too reckless.

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Had exactly the same thing happen to myself, knew I was getting hurt when I made the challenge and ended up in hospital for a week. No ill feeling towards the other bloke.

Anyway, great to take 7th spot from Burnley... let’s put Arsenal under some pressure now. 

1 hour ago, DrezZone said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5289869/Brighton-ask-Leicester-City-cult-hero-Andy-King.html

Brighton want King on loan.

Puel considering to buy Dragovic.

Besiktas closest to acquiring Slimani.

Would be a decent move for King. I think he’d do a steady job for a team in the bottom half. We’ve outgrown him now but I’ll only ever have good things to say about him

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Would be a decent move for King. I think he’s do a steady job for a team in the bottom half. We’ve outgrown him now but I’ll only ever have good things to say about him

:( :( ...    just don’t want him to go ...   keep him as a back up back up ...   give him the last 10 minutes in the FA cup final when we are winning ...     I will cry like a baby ...