Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Banning 'The Sun'?

Ban The Sun?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. Ban The Sun?

• Yes
    • No

If you want to show solidarity with Liverpool and Everton then don't buy the paper. 

Banning them from Leicester would only undermine the stances taken by the respective Merseyside clubs. 

On a cynical note the whole controversey may well have been allowed to happen by the Sun so they could get Mackenzie off the payroll (he earns 300k pa for his column), something they've wanted to do for a while. 

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

On a cynical note the whole controversey may well have been allowed to happen by the Sun so they could get Mackenzie off the payroll (he earns 300k pa for his column), something they've wanted to do for a while. 

You aren't the only one who has expressed that theory, very plausible. 

12 hours ago, Bert said:

I don't see why people get so wound up about a newspaper or how it can affect a persons life so badly they have to cause a drama. Stuff like the "daily fail" etc really annoys me too (and that's not me saying that because I read the mail, I don't lol) 

Really?

s3-cg_5ca4wmaaetby--default--305.jpg

21 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Really?

s3-cg_5ca4wmaaetby--default--305.jpg

You've clearly missed what I meant. Understand regarding the sun up in Liverpool but I don't get why your average Joe for example gets so offended by someone that would be reading the mail. 

1 minute ago, Bert said:

You've clearly missed what I meant. Understand regarding the sun up in Liverpool but I don't get why your average Joe for example gets so offended by someone that would be reading the mail. 

The Daily Mail is the most sexist one out of the lot. Check out their website, everything is about women. As long as they're over 18 they just print "ohh look what she was wearing". Absolute shite. I think they topped themselves though when they printed "here's who we caught driving and on their phone" and they were all foreign. 

These papers print hatred constantly but then are the first ones to tell us how much the country is divided.

I don't buy any tabloids on principal.

Guest MattP
27 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

The Daily Mail is the most sexist one out of the lot. Check out their website, everything is about women. 

That's because the Daily Mail is actually aimed at women.

It's the only newspaper in the country that is read by more women than men.

IMG_20170328_085834.jpg

Guest MattP
16 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Yeah my sister reads it online, just for all the celeb stuff, no doubt that's what most women read it for...or at least I hope that's the reason.

Sorry to break it to you but your sister is a Tory or a Kipper.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

The Daily Mail is the most sexist one out of the lot. Check out their website, everything is about women. As long as they're over 18 they just print "ohh look what she was wearing". Absolute shite. I think they topped themselves though when they printed "here's who we caught driving and on their phone" and they were all foreign. 

These papers print hatred constantly but then are the first ones to tell us how much the country is divided.

I don't buy any tabloids on principal.

Was just using the mail as en example more than anything. Like I said it's just me and can't see why people get so worked up over a newspaper. 

Feck me! What are things coming to, when so many people want the Sun banned? We have no reason to have it banned, but the blinkered "sheep brigade" follow the flock!

I dislike the Sun, give me the Telegraph and Guardian, any day, but making mountains out of mole hills, is utterly ridiculous. The Sun would love this to happen, as it would in fact create more interest in it, and possibly boost sales.

We should ban the Sun, for no other reason, than being able to say ' GOTCHA'

Besides...its Rubbish !!!   just  like All  reality TV shows.

All together now....The Sun aint going to shiiiinne anymore...

its so bad, that my fish always jumps out of the paper and walks h ome  if the chippy uses the Sun to wrap,

up my supper.

I'm at university currently, and UK university campuses have a terrible freedom of speech problem, so naturally I would be against anything like this. However... 

I would have absolutely no complaints if City were to ban that rag from our premises. It's one thing having opinions and expressing views on things that may be considered extreme or insensitive within reasonable grounds - but The Sun takes its too far, too often. The way they talk about the people of Liverpool and their football supporters is low, even by their standards. I understand it isn't us, but 'there but for the grace of God' and all that, that could have been the people of Leicester and us as supporters. I despise Liverpool Football Club generally, however showing a bit of solidarity with them over a national issue that has massively impacted all of football would be a positive thing to do IMO.

Also, banning their reporters from the grounds isn't really censoring them, they will still be able to write and print what they want, they just wont have access to our grounds. Again, it's all about making a moral stand and showing a bit unity with fellow football fans.

But hey, it's not gonna happen anyway. I bet they give us some money for something; and as we know, that's the most important thing in football now.

Archived