Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

Disney Films

13 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Lion King all the way as it was the first film my mum took me to.  I used to joke that I should have called social services on my mum for subjecting me to Mustafa's death on my very first cinema outing at 4 years old.  Aladdin is a strong contender though.

I enjoyed Big Hero 6 and Wreck it Ralph from recent years but I suspect part of the reason that people slate their recent films is because Disney really made their reputation on 2D animations dating back to 1940s which always have Disney distinctive look about them so when they changed to 3D animation, they just lose some of their 'Disney magic'  for me.    

That's bad, but nothing in childrens films is quite as traumatic as Watership Down....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

Fantasia and Robin Hood the true classics for me, though if you want to go more modern Inside Out is bloody good.

That all being said, Studio Ghibli >>> Disney IMO.

It's all about Robin Hood, that's hands down the best Disney film for me.

I can't agree enough regarding the second part. Everything about Studio Ghibli films is beautiful.... the stories, the characters, the detail, colour schemes etc. Truly wonderful films.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

It's all about Robin Hood, that's hands down the best Disney film for me.

I can't agree enough regarding the second part. Everything about Studio Ghibli films is beautiful.... the stories, the characters, the detail, colour schemes etc. Truly wonderful films.

What's your personal favourite Ghibli movie? Castle in the Sky for me...the first and best.

4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

What's your personal favourite Ghibli movie? Castle in the Sky for me...the first and best.

Annoyingly, that's one I'm still yet to see (blasphemy, I know, considering it's the first). So for me, Princess Mononoke & Spirited Away are up there, but you still can't beat My Neighbour Totoro. It was the first one I saw when I was about 12 and the beauty of it captured me straight away. it was around the same time I saw Akira for the first time and that really had an impression on me too, but for very different reasons lol

2 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

Annoyingly, that's one I'm still yet to see (blasphemy, I know, considering it's the first). So for me, Princess Mononoke & Spirited Away are up there, but you still can't beat My Neighbour Totoro. It was the first one I saw when I was about 12 and the beauty of it captured me straight away. it was around the same time I saw Akira for the first time and that really had an impression on me too, but for very different reasons lol

BURN THE HERETIC!

...but seriously, try to see it if you can. The English dub is actually pretty good for it too.

Princess M and Spirited are definitely up there for me too, as well as MNT. I'm also a fan of Howl's Moving Castle (again, the English dub isn't half bad for that.)

• Like 1

My brother grew up watching Cars so I've always quite liked it although I think it's Pixar.

Has anyone ever watched the brave little toaster? I remember crying at it when I was really young.

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

Perhaps i should have started that first sentence like this:

Everyone grew up either watching Disney Movies or pushing a hoop around with a stick...

Oh i grew up watching disney but the ones i watched were around much earlier than those you mentioned!!

15 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

BURN THE HERETIC!

...but seriously, try to see it if you can. The English dub is actually pretty good for it too.

Princess M and Spirited are definitely up there for me too, as well as MNT. I'm also a fan of Howl's Moving Castle (again, the English dub isn't half bad for that.)

Haha I wish I had the time to sit down and watch a whole film at the moment. If I did, it's probably about time I got round to seeing it, or having a bit of a binge with a few of the films. Howl's I fantastic too. CALCIFER!

8cffb74ed988ba1338793e307e13e465.gif

Edited by Darkon84
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

That's bad, but nothing in childrens films is quite as traumatic as Watership Down....

I found the fox and the hound quite traumatic.. " why cant they all just be friends?" i would ask my mum every time i saw it..

40 minutes ago, Wookie said:

My brother grew up watching Cars so I've always quite liked it although I think it's Pixar.

Has anyone ever watched the brave little toaster? I remember crying at it when I was really young.

Great film. The hoover was a grumpy sod lol 

• Like 1

Hercules was probably the first bad disney movie. Such a disappointment.

Aladdin was great,  but think Beauty and the Beast was just as good. Tale as Old as Time is a Desert Island Disc-worthy tune.

7 hours ago, Bayfox said:

I can't wait to be able to afford to take my kids to Orlando, if that day ever comes, I guess I'm a bit of a kid at heart and having your own, certainly adds to it.

I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm boasting, but I'm lucky enough to be taking the kids back to Orlando again for the third (and final) time this summer.

Before having kids I wasn't arsed about Disney, but now I'm their biggest fan lol It's a truly magical experience out there and last year my wife secretly filmed me singing 'Let it go!' at the the Frozen sing a long attraction at Hollywood Studios :rolleyes: 

Looking back it's a bit cringeworthy watching a bloke in his mid forties belting it out at the top of his lungs but what can I say, I just got caught up in the moment :)

I can now easily spend a Sunday just vegging with the kids watching Disney films all day. I love em' !!

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm boasting, but I'm lucky enough to be taking the kids back to Orlando again for the third (and final) time this summer.

Before having kids I wasn't arsed about Disney, but now I'm their biggest fan lol It's a truly magical experience out there and last year my wife secretly filmed me singing 'Let it go!' at the the Frozen sing a long attraction at Hollywood Studios :rolleyes: 

Looking back it's a bit cringeworthy watching a bloke in his mid forties belting it out at the top of his lungs but what can I say, I just got caught up in the moment :)

I can now easily spend a Sunday just vegging with the kids watching Disney films all day. I love em' !!

I'm good cheers.

My parents took me 3 times between 92 and 95. Luckily i managed to get back for the play off finals lol

But i need to do some serious saving or Leicester need to keep the **** out of Europe for the next 3 or 4 years. Ok the daughter is gonna have to accept she is my 2nd or 3rd love. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

I'm good cheers.

My parents took me 3 times between 92 and 95. Luckily i managed to get back for the play off finals lol

But i need to do some serious saving or Leicester need to keep the **** out of Europe for the next 3 or 4 years. Ok the daughter is gonna have to accept she is my 2nd or 3rd love. 

lol

It really is silly money to take the tribe over there these days. I could have payed a decent chunk off the mortgage instead of three trips to Orlando, but you only live once and can't take it with you etc, etc..

At least you got to see us in the CL mate. That's something I missed out on this time around :(

• Like 1

I am generally a bit of a grumpy sod, but I've always loved animated family films, and I hope I never get so cynical that I can't enjoy them any more! Disney has been on a bit of an upward curve recently, I really enjoyed Tangled, Wreck it Ralph and and Zootropolis/Zootopia.

Pixar have always been good and remain so, most of their stuff is excellent (don't care for Cars or Planes much). Dreamworks are a bit more hit and miss, but I have to say that How to Train Your Dragon 1/2 are two of the best animated films I've seen full stop, fantastic films.

Love Studio Ghibli stuff too, one of my fondest memories of them is watching Spirited Away with the whole family round one Christmas - kept the whole room silent and entranced, even my Nan! Kiki's Delivery Service is my lazy bank holiday film, if it crops up on film 4, I'm guaranteed to not be going anywhere for 2 hours.

How to train your dragon is brilliant. Dreamworks films are so good. Shrek, puss in boots, turbo, megamind, kung fu panda, the croods. So many brilliant animated films. Some of the recent Disney ones have been naff. Frozen and inside out I didn't think much to.

Pixar have some amazing films. Especially Up. Hits you right in the feels at the start and Doug the dog is one of the best characters "SQUIRREL"