Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HoustonFox

West Brom Pre Match Thread

5 hours ago, KingsX said:

I am concerned about Ndidi's physical state.  I have just assumed such youth is indestructible, but he looked wiped today after a week's rest.  Can he go a full, quality 90 in three days?

He has been giving the ball away loads for the last 4 games, does look a bit shot/like he's lost confidence

6 hours ago, foxes21 said:

Don't agree with the calls for Gray to start personally. Against a robust & hard to beat West Brom defence, we are going to need some end product and a quality final ball to get through them.

Only Albrighton & Mahrez are capable of unlocking their defence. We have to give them both the benefit of the doubt imo. Gray isn't going to have any space to dribble past 10 defenders and get a shot off.

Personally think otherwise. His direct opponent is Dawson who simply isn't a full back. You keep trying to work him into 1 on 1 situations, Gray will beat him 8/10 times. 

The players need to up their game else they will be losing their mate Shakey as manager. 

I think if we're to get anything out of Vardy then Okazaki has to come back in for Ulloa. Otherwise keep as is. Sounds a bit conservative, but I'm reluctant to change what has been our best formula until we've hit that magic 40.

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

Ulloa wouldn't be my choice to start.

unbelievable feet at the moment and superb at holding it up.

But just slows are game down, so unless were pumping balls into the box and on to his head there is no point in playing Ulloa.

22 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

2-3 (again).

There's some good pubs close to Snow Hill Station which takes you directly to the Hawthorns:

The Old Contemptibles

The Queens Arms

The Wolf (new craft beer place)

The Old Royal

Also several good boozers in the Jewellery quarter, cant remember the names (can you help BrummieFOX?)

also on train line directly to the Hawthorns.

Pubs in West Brom area are dire.

Amartey deserves another shot I feel. With Drinkwater looking out of sorts and Ndidi tiring quickly, we need to put some faith in him. We're not using him as cover at centerback and Simpson is a given on the right, so why is he here? He had actually started to become consistently better when Ndidi came in.

Also, Kapustka and Gray must be itching for another chance. I presume it will be:

Schmeichel

Simpson

Benalouane (Morgan if fit)

Huth

Fuchs

Mahrez

Drinkwater

Okazaki

Ndidi

Albrighton

Vardy

With Gray and Chilwell to come on in the second half, Amartey maybe getting a couple of minutes at the end as usual.

44 minutes ago, boots60 said:

Also several good boozers in the Jewellery quarter, cant remember the names (can you help BrummieFOX?)

also on train line directly to the Hawthorns.

Pubs in West Brom area are dire.

Yeh, you're far better off drinking in Brum before heading over.

None of the above are far from the Jewellery Quarter. You've got The Lord Clifden, The Church, Red Lion all a little further on. All worth a beer. 

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Personally think otherwise. His direct opponent is Dawson who simply isn't a full back. You keep trying to work him into 1 on 1 situations, Gray will beat him 8/10 times. 

The players need to up their game else they will be losing their mate Shakey as manager. 

When we are attacking, West Brom will fall back into two banks of four and double up on Gray. Gray is good when he has space to attack & West Brom don't give space away easily like Stoke for example.

You are underestimating Craig Dawson too. He isn't going to let him cut inside, so the best Gray will do is get to the barline and cross with his weakfoot.

imo Gray will be nullified easily.

15 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

When we are attacking, West Brom will fall back into two banks of four and double up on Gray. Gray is good when he has space to attack & West Brom don't give space away easily like Stoke for example.

You are underestimating Craig Dawson too. He isn't going to let him cut inside, so the best Gray will do is get to the barline and cross with his weakfoot.

imo Gray will be nullified easily.

I've seen Jeff Schlupp give Dawson the run around.......

WBA at home aren't that side anymore particularly when they have Phillips playing, 

20 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

None of the above are far from the Jewellery Quarter. You've got The Lord Clifden, The Church, Red Lion all a little further on. All worth a beer. 

Can echo these and Brummie Fox's other options. Clifden is a fav of mine; decent food, footy on tv and still feels like a proper pub. Walk to Jewellery Quarter station from there in about 10 mins. 

The Wolf I have yet to visit but hope to on Saturday

2 hours ago, BrummieFOX said:

The Church is an Everards pub right?

1 hour ago, Redouane said:

Those putting off Mahrez for Gray. Did you not see the game yesterday? He was the only one creating chances. If anything, Gray in for Albrighton. 

We haven't seen enough of Gray and Mahrez on the pitch at the same time.  They can both cause problems and having Gray on the other side might také a bit of the focus from Mahrez from the opposition defence

2 hours ago, BrummieFOX said:

I was going to head to 'The Vine' ??   Started walking there last season but couldn't be bothered so didn't go.

16 hours ago, InLoveWithNgolo said:

Gray in for Mahrez, Amartey in for Drinkwater.

Christ! A midfield pairing of Ndidi and Amartey scares me to death. Where is the experience, the composure and the calmness when playing away from home against a strong side? Just because Drinkwater ain't been playing well (I still think he's probably only 80% fit), it don't mean we are gonna look any safer without him. Those two in central midfield are strong, athletic lads but I fear we'd be over-run.

1 hour ago, baker11 said:

The Church is an Everards pub right?

Yes mate. 

47 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I was going to head to 'The Vine' ??   Started walking there last season but couldn't be bothered so didn't go.

The Vine is alright yeh. Wouldn't leave early to get there.

Archived