Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HoustonFox

West Brom Pre Match Thread

We really need to win this one and certainly not lose it! I really hope the players aren't mentally drained after the Arsenal defeat. We need the same level of effort and commitment along with more attacking ant getting the ball out wide more and the front players making decent runs into the box. It is going to take another huge defensive effort especially at set pieces against these. We really need the big players to start stepping up for the rest of the season and getting the points needed.

4 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

Fitness tests on deck for Silmani and Morgan, apparently.

There is no way we should be risking Morgan tomorrow. A stretched hamstring is often the kind of injury that tempts you to think it's mended when it's not. In light training sessions you don't put the same strain on it that you do in a match so the tendency is to take a risk and then wish you hadn't.

It's unfortunate but far better we don't made an iffy situation worse and then have no chance to put Morgan in for the home games which lay ahead. I know it's risking brinkmanship but to risk losing Morgan for the rest of the season would be senseless.

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

If we can't beat west brom at the moment we want fvcking. Star striker out, main playmaker out team looking knackered and playing poorly (according to my mate). No excuses for sitting back in this one.

1-0 defeat it is then! 

2 hours ago, Thracian said:

There is no way we should be risking Morgan tomorrow. A stretched hamstring is often the kind of injury that tempts you to think it's mended when it's not. In light training sessions you don't put the same strain on it that you do in a match so the tendency is to take a risk and then wish you hadn't.

It's unfortunate but far better we don't made an iffy situation worse and then have no chance to put Morgan in for the home games which lay ahead. I know it's risking brinkmanship but to risk losing Morgan for the rest of the season would be senseless.

With you on Morgan. I speak from personal experience when I say that a hamstring is a foul, nasty, black-hearted bitch of an injury. Missed my sophomore year of American football in college due to chronic hamstring issues dating back to my senior year of upper school.

Groin injuries are similar, from what I gather. Neither should be risked.

39 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

With you on Morgan. I speak from personal experience when I say that a hamstring is a foul, nasty, black-hearted bitch of an injury. Missed my sophomore year of American football in college due to chronic hamstring issues dating back to my senior year of upper school.

Groin injuries are similar, from what I gather. Neither should be risked.

Hamstrings typically take 6/7 weeks to heal fully. If you play on a weakened hammy, you'll do more damage.

Groin strain hurts big time. You literally can't kick the ball without it killing.

3 hours ago, weller54 said:

1-0 defeat it is then! 

You mean we were defeated by arsenal 1-0 , becase  the  gunners needed to be in top 4 to quslify to CL

Snd you mean we  will be defeated by the  baggies 1-0 becsuse  they need to be in top 7 to qualify to EL

But i  sense a win to the foxes 

5 hours ago, Thracian said:

Surely there's no need to take any risks with Wes anyway as Benny is proving to be a good backup.

I'd take a point now but fancy us for the 3 as West Brom seem to be on the beach already.

They'll be plenty of fire in our bellys after that Arsenal game also.

This fixture brings back some great memories. 

Steve Howard hat trick a few years back and obviously the last minute Vardy goal in the great escape. That goals up there in my favourite goals as a City fan.

For me that goal, that moment, that spirit was the spark for everything that has had happened since 

On 27/04/2017 at 14:31, TheUltimateWinner said:

Start either Gray or Mahrez behind Vardy, both have the technical ability to take the ball forward from this position and can actually hit the target. They'll also have more freedom without having to try and work a shooting opportunity from the wings.

Yep, Mahrez 

Perhaps the defensive approach against Arsenal was to help preserve energy levels for this game?

It's very hard to play our usual high press and intense style of play twice in 3 days.

So from a fitness levels perspective, the defensive approach made sense against Arsenal.

Our players should be fresh, playing at a high tempo and on the front foot against West Brom.

2 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Perhaps the defensive approach against Arsenal was to help preserve energy levels for this game?

It's very hard to play our usual high press and intense style of play twice in 3 days.

So from a fitness levels perspective, the defensive approach made sense against Arsenal.

Our players should be fresh, playing at a high tempo and on the front foot against West Brom.

Actually that's a good shout. Much better chance of getting a result at WB than up the arse.

4 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Been hoping this is the case. Guess we'll find out in a few hours. 

I'll take a point all day long here.

It's massive when you're on 37pts just to edge a bit closer to survival just in case something disastrous happens.

West Brom are ideal opponents today as they have the least to play for in the league, no chance of the top 7 and no chance of relegation.

The most favorable game we've had since Sunderland but after the recent dip a win isnt a given. A draw would do very nicely and Hull not to win.

I'd like to have Gray and Slim in the starting 11. Might be the kind of game that would suit Slimani. With survival not yet assured there wont be too many changes you would imagine. 

Archived