Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester City's 2017/18 kits thread

16 minutes ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

By that logic we shouldn't have our owners as shirt sponsors, should get some extra money in from a third party. 

No.

Sponsorship revenue counts towards FFP, I believe, where as simple cash injections from the owners doesn't.

So it's a clever back door way of lumping a load of cash in the club from their own coffers whilst also promoting their own brand.

Tbf I dont know what Milktray gets so aggressive over every little thing. I post the same thing about blue and white every season. 

He's just annoyed he didn't get any gold on his shirt.

And his purple sleeve sponsor is in the wrong place hahaha

96822204b07f74d38c2254a194394635.jpg

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No.

Sponsorship revenue counts towards FFP, I believe, where as simple cash injections from the owners doesn't.

So it's a clever back door way of lumping a load of cash in the club from their own coffers whilst also promoting their own brand.

You're right about sponsorship not counting towards FFP, but what I'm saying is that if the owners are so concerned about getting money from a third party via an eyesore of a sleeve sponsor they should get a third party to sponsor the shirts as well. First time in a long time I've felt even a significantly disappointed in a decision made by our wonderful owners.

2 minutes ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

You're right about sponsorship not counting towards FFP, but what I'm saying is that if the owners are so concerned about getting money from a third party via an eyesore of a sleeve sponsor they should get a third party to sponsor the shirts as well. First time in a long time I've felt even a significantly disappointed in a decision made by our wonderful owners.

I know what you're saying.

What I am saying is that they are probably willing to "pay" more themselves to put King Power on our shirts than any third party is.

2 minutes ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

What?

Sponsorship counts towards FFP and any money raised from it, so the KP kit sponsor and ground sponsor is rated at somewhere close to market value and the owners business pays it, what we can't do is just allow the owners to pump £50 million in for no good reason or pay £300 million for ground sponsorship if uefa decide that is not fair market value, i believe this is where man city and psg have fallen foul and had to pay fines.

I guess as they already own the ground and shirt sponsorship, having the KP logo on the sleeve was of no use to them, so they took the opportunity to use it for another venture and to pump cash in from a different source.

They've completely ruined it and they know they have - hence why there was none of the purple nonsense in the release.

If they were going to have sleeve sponsors, why on earth have they picked a sleeve design? It looks like a 10 year old designed it.

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I know what you're saying.

What I am saying is that they are probably willing to "pay" more themselves to put King Power on our shirts than any third party is.

Thanks for understanding what I meant, I get where you are coming from as well. I just wish they could have done it a bit better, it looks tacky and "tinpot" as much as I hate that word. Surely, if they had to have a sleeve sponsor they could have sponsored it themselves as they would have more flexibility to match the colours with the kit. But life moves on and I won't mind it when we're top of the league.

8 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

What?

Sponsorship counts towards FFP and any money raised from it, so the KP kit sponsor and ground sponsor is rated at somewhere close to market value and the owners business pays it, what we can't do is just allow the owners to pump £50 million in for no good reason or pay £300 million for ground sponsorship if uefa decide that is not fair market value, i believe this is where man city and psg have fallen foul and had to pay fines.

I guess as they already own the ground and shirt sponsorship, having the KP logo on the sleeve was of no use to them, so they took the opportunity to use it for another venture and to pump cash in from a different source.

What I'm saying is if they are willing to pay for the shirt sponsor themselves, surely they can afford to not have a tacky little third party sleeve sponsor that ruins an otherwise nice looking kit. 

ordered my shirt first thing this morning online, no purple patch on the images, went back on to get photo evidence in case it turns up with one and i want to return it, cheeky f***kers have changed the images, luckily have a cached version from this morning I screenshotted...would have thought twice about ordering it if I saw that hideous purple monstrosity on it! 

lol

Hands up those who ordered it without knowing about it. Ordered it at half 9 this morning then looked on FT just now to see that.

If mine comes with that on it's going straight back. Shady by the club to do all of the marketing without it on.

Just now, ashmanlee said:

ordered my shirt first thing this morning online, no purple patch on the images, went back on to get photo evidence in case it turns up with one and i want to return it, cheeky f***kers have changed the images, luckily have a cached version from this morning I screenshotted...would have thought twice about ordering it if I saw that hideous purple monstrosity on it! 

I was going to say that I had a look at the photo on the web and don't remember seeing it.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

lol

Hands up those who ordered it without knowing about it. Ordered it at half 9 this morning then looked on FT just now to see that.

If mine comes with that on it's going straight back. Shady by the club to do all of the marketing without it on.

I really hope you and others do return the shirt. There's no way that was an error, that was a deliberate ploy to flog more shirts, knowing people would rightly be far less willing to part with £50 with a purple advertisement on the sleeve. 

Archived