Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester City's 2017/18 kits thread

I know some people will say it's only a replica shirt with a sponsor on it and to 'get over it...'

However, I genuinely loved this kit when i first saw it but it looks an absolute state with that big massive purple shite on it.  Very disappointed and probably wont get one now unless they come off easily.

Went in to get some earlier and they are hideous was surprised to see a slab of purple on a really nice kit. I asked why it wasn't shown on the launch pics and got a shrug of the shoulders by the person on the tills. Others were questioning it too whilst I was there, needless to say I didn't buy it.

Lots of them had the corners peeling/looks like the work experience lad had pressed them on, which should mean they peel off easily enough.

Someone *cough* bloke at JC *cough* said boiling hot water poured onto the patch from the inside, should make it peel off. I told him I would let someone else test it out first. He's not happy lost so much sales because some arsehole let it slip to the club he was selling without 

2 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Went in to get some earlier and they are hideous was surprised to see a slab of purple on a really nice kit. I asked why it wasn't shown on the launch pics and got a shrug of the shoulders by the person on the tills. Others were questioning it too whilst I was there, needless to say I didn't buy it.

Lots of them had the corners peeling/looks like the work experience lad had pressed them on, which should mean they peel off easily enough.

Loads of complaints on twitter 

jim on the lcfc help page apparently has no information and wasn't told this was happening 

also complaints about the removal of season ticket holders discount with no information on the scheme replacing it 

3 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Loads of complaints on twitter 

jim on the lcfc help page apparently has no information and wasn't told this was happening 

also complaints about the removal of season ticket holders discount with no information on the scheme replacing it 

RE: 10% ST discount, It was still being given out last week and was told it was carrying on but left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing.

Same with memberships, Brighton ticket ballot opens Monday before we've even had chance to buy tickets but low and behold nobody at the club knows anything about it. 

Meh, the purple sponsor is no biggie.

I've found in previous seasons, all I've had to do is to pop it into the "Sticky-on-bit-removal-machine"

washing_machine.jpg

One blast in that bad boy and you'll have no purple sponsor... 

...No King Power logo, no puma logo, no gold trim and the club crest... Gone! Voila! 

4 minutes ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

Honestly if you are an adult and you get upset about a purple badge on the sleeve of your football shirt you need to have a look at your life. Get a grip. 

If you're spending £50 on a one season shirt and in your opinion the shoulder badge ruins it, it's a valid concern. 

Get a grip. 

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

If you're spending £50 on a one season shirt and in your opinion the shoulder badge ruins it, it's a valid concern. 

Get a grip. 

If you're spending £50 on a template shirt you're getting royally ripped off anyway, a purple badge doesn't change much!

9 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

RE: 10% ST discount, It was still being given out last week and was told it was carrying on but left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing.

Same with memberships, Brighton ticket ballot opens Monday before we've even had chance to buy tickets but low and behold nobody at the club knows anything about it. 

I would say if you are a football fan, and a fan of Leicester City, wearing the shirt of your team is something you enjoy doing.

When you get excited about a nice looking shirt for the new season and then it gets ruined by a massive purple advert on it, i think its perfectly reasonable to be a little bit annoyed by it.

23 minutes ago, Carter90 said:

Someone *cough* bloke at JC *cough* said boiling hot water poured onto the patch from the inside, should make it peel off. I told him I would let someone else test it out first. He's not happy lost so much sales because some arsehole let it slip to the club he was selling without 

It was probably Mahrez or Mendy out of spite. They were buying their spuds on the market and saw it and phoned up Top. That's how bitter these guys are. Probably. 

Just now, TheUltimateWinner said:

What a ****ing shambles 

Don't know how they can get away with showing a completely different product on the website to the one you receive

This.

The club must have known it would affect sales as it looks crap so they have left it off of all promo ad's and posts and tried to shoehorn it in on launch day - not happy.

5 minutes ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

If you're spending £50 on a template shirt you're getting royally ripped off anyway, a purple badge doesn't change much!

Agree totally, but some people do want to spend the money on it and rightly so they want it to look good. 

20 minutes ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

Honestly if you are an adult and you get upset about a purple badge on the sleeve of your football shirt you need to have a look at your life. Get a grip. 

Not quite sure why people need to have a look at their life because they rightly feel the football club have deliberately attempted to sell an expensive product under false pretense. If I bought a designer T-shirt from XYZ.com and it turned up with a purple rectangle on a sleeve that was not pictured, which as a result in my opinion changes the desirability of the product,....I'd rightly be complaining (I can't see the difference here). 

Yes I'm not going to bang down doors and start a protest about it.....but I think people are perfectly within their rights to feel aggrieved without people telling them they need to have a look at their life. 

43 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Obvious question:

How easy are they to remove?

Easy, posted earlier about how to remove, use direct iron technique in video clip below, pic of my shirt below clip.

The middle peels off quite easy leaving the outside edge to remove.

City Shirt.jpg

Archived